1,404 posts in this topic

I will join, as Drought, the weird person, 

Role Request, Blind, in every post I have to say something about my being blind, and not being able to see what is being talked about.

Edited by DroughtBringer

7 minutes ago, DroughtBringer said:

Role Request, Blind, in every post I have to say something about my being blind, and not being able to see what is being talked about.

I'd put that into the same category as Handicapped. Just instead of only missing one eye or limb or whatever, you have a total lack of vision instead. Since in that one, you just have to reference your handicap in each post and it doesn't stipulate how you do so in any way, I think just going with Handicapped (Blindness) would be easier on you as is. :)

Just now, Metacognition said:

I'd put that into the same category as Handicapped. Just instead of only missing one eye or limb or whatever, you have a total lack of vision instead. Since in that one, you just have to reference your handicap in each post and it doesn't stipulate how you do so in any way, I think just going with Handicapped (Blindness) would be easier on you as is. :)

Alright, thank you.

@Metacognition, am I required to have a character, or can I just use a cosmetic role? I can basically guarantee that I won't be RPing...

53 minutes ago, Kipper said:

@Metacognition, am I required to have a character, or can I just use a cosmetic role? I can basically guarantee that I won't be RPing...

Doe this mean you'll be yourself, or you will be a random attribute floating around?

1 hour ago, Kipper said:

How can you have a role without a character? :huh:

but that aside, here are some suggestions that should be fun but relatively light and easy on the RP: You can be Kip, the town...

1. Mute  in every post your character is not allowed to say anything, but must use gestures and actions to convey meaning. (I.e.: Kip pointed at Herwynbe in such a way to suggest he thought Herwynbe must be a spiked because of the way he tricked me into agreeing to this stupid role before the game began..,)

2. Gollum. in every post you must refer to yourself in the third person and/or have conversations with yourself. (I.e. Kip doesn't trust Herwynbe, Kip hates the nasty Terrisesman...)

3.  Royalty. In every post you must speaking using the royal "we." (I.e. We are getting really sick and tired of herwynbe's stupid role suggestions. Off with his head!)

"I'll do it," the man said. "As long as I get to come along."

Of course not. The metallurgist was annoying and asked far too many questions. He gave Nicki a headache just by talking. But he had information. Information about Inquisitors that Nicki could use.

"Fine," Nicki said. "Tell me everything you know."

Nicki sat down. She propped her head up on her hands and forced herself to sit up despite her pounding headache. She couldn't stop. Not now. Not after she'd found her most solid lead in years.

Sitting on the corner, talking to no one in particular.

"Once, back when I did things, I was the lead guitarist in a mariachi band. We toured the Dominances, making ash tacos and such. Then, one fateful day in the Eastern Dominance, Pablo got sick, so I became the lead guitarist (before I just followed them around and made ash tacos). That is why there are no more mariachi bands on Scadrial."

So first, some OOC (out of character) stuff. My character for this game is insane. Not in the murdering way or the hates everyone way though. Basics of their insanity is that they are a mistborn, but have many distinct ‘voices’ in their head, with each ‘voice’ having a metal associated to it. Due to this, they can only use Pewter when Oliver’s ‘voice’ is the strongest in their mind. Each voice also has a primary emotion, but I ain’t telling you them (bar one) :P Anyway, I roll for what voice is strongest for every post I make, so the one thing I can tell you is that the voice for this post has the primary emotion of trust. Shouldn’t need to do more OOC stuff, or have I not already said that I’m signing up?

Oh yeah, actually this first post is an exception with having 2 personalities instead of 1, just to showcase it even better. Does kinda make the actual RP bit small though :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was certainly an odd group of people making themselves known in Tyrian Falls for some reason. It most likely had to do with the mysterious deaths, right? Ah well, doesn’t really matter in the end. One maniac can surely be stopped by our new crew of friendship! And my senses were going crazy with all the metal being burnt! We must have at least one of every single Misting out here, ready to hunt down the villain with George the Seeker!

I slowly made my way toward them, not being able to do any of the cool stuff like Lurchers or Coinshots could. Only walking or running. Can you imagine what’d it be like to nearly fly above everyone, and more importantly actually be able to fight? I can’t, what with Seeking just being ‘Oh they’re there’. Useful for finding where people are meeting, and then that’s about it.

But then on my way to everyone, the worst thing happened! I failed to notice a little pothole on the path, and only went and banged my head! Not only did it hurt, but I started to hear other people’s voices, like some kind of crazy guy. I’m sure it doesn’t mean anything…

Why did I have to walk to this Tyrian Falls place? Everyone seems to think that being a Lurcher means you can fly and be this cool guy, but that’s really the Coinshots. Lurchers are just the sad alternative. I’ve only ever really used my ‘lucky’ power to wake myself up by smashing my face with various objects. Shows how sad my life is when that’s a highlight, doesn’t it?
It would be nice to be able to do something else though, maybe even save someone’s life! Then at least one person would appreciate me, and help me write an autobiography about how sad Charlie’s life is. Doesn’t really matter in the end though, who would even want to read an autobiography about a Lurcher? Being a Lurcher doesn’t even really mean anything...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone wants to try talking to the insane mistborn and have one of 8 responses, then just have a try! 

2 hours ago, Kipper said:

1 hour ago, Herowannabe said:

How can you have a role without a character? :huh:

but that aside, here are some suggestions that should be fun but relatively light and easy on the RP: You can be Kip, the town...

1. Mute  in every post your character is not allowed to say anything, but must use gestures and actions to convey meaning. (I.e.: Kip pointed at Herwynbe in such a way to suggest he thought Herwynbe must be a spiked because of the way he tricked me into agreeing to this stupid role before the game began..,)

2. Gollum. in every post you must refer to yourself in the third person and/or have conversations with yourself. (I.e. Kip doesn't trust Herwynbe, Kip hates the nasty Terrisesman...)

3.  Royalty. In every post you must speaking using the royal "we." (I.e. We are getting really sick and tired of herwynbe's stupid role suggestions. Off with his head!)

Hero is spot on, as usual and those are some great CRs! I specifically put in a few CRs that would be relatively easy like the ones Hero is suggesting, like the Jaist, for people that aren't typically that much into RP. 

If you don't come up with a character, I'll come up with one for you (and people that don't come up with their own tend to get stuck with generic or unpleasant ones, just fyi [this goes for you too, Silverblade!]). I need one for if/when you die. No person is just a name. They are a conglomerate of all the things that they do. Their job, their personality, their thoughts and feelings, the way they interact with people. Without these things, I can't write a character's story. I might as well just write, "_____ was stabbed." for how much depth there is. 
Besides, why play a game in a specific setting if you don't get to interact and play around with that setting some, eh? :) 

A CR isn't exactly a character in it's own right- though there are a few one the list that can become the majority of the character. For example- being a Kleptomaniac, as I stated in the description, doesn't tell us what kind of Klepto you are. A CR is more of a characteristic of your character; not the whole of it. 

So, if you want, I'd suggest going with one of Hero's suggestions. They should be easy enough without getting into full blown RP mode. :)

"Stink!"

My first attempt to catch his attention is in vain.

"Fred?"

Yet again, I can not get a response. I never should have tried...

"Charlie?"

That is definitely a person right there. I am quite sure.

" Hey! Person! Human being that is standing over there that I am quite sure can hear me! Unless you are deaf! Or ignoring me!"

"Too many people ignore me..." But within good reason.

(Due to how the last post wasn't even an hour ago yet (at time of writing), we're gonna keep Charlie for this one)

----------------------------------------------

Do you have any idea how boring Tyrian Falls is? I wish I could describe it to you, but I’d need to be good at writing for that, and if you haven’t realised yet that I’m a one-trick-pony, then you’re probably a bit like me. But at least someone wanted to make the day interesting, right?

“Charlie?”

I thought of responding, maybe they actually wanted to talk to me! That’s a rarity. Why talk to Lurchers when there’s Coinshots? Add in the fact that Charlie’s got to be a popular name, and well, they were most definitely not talking to me.

“Hey! Person! Human being that is standing over there that I am quite sure can hear me! Unless you are deaf! Or ignoring me!

Hm? Maybe it was me after all? Should I risk embarrassing myself and talking to whoever they were? I mean, at least I could always get away if the situation got too embarrassing. And on the 0.1% chance that it goes well, then at least I get to say I know someone else? That is how normal people make friends, last time I checked. But what do I even say? What’s even fine to say when you’re talking to yourself? Eugh, this is too much. What’s life without risks? Well, safe and alive, but we’ll ignore that answer. So I simply decided to turn around and say,

“Hi there fellow civilian of the Empire!”

Eh, could’ve been worse.

Still sitting at the corner, but slightly amused.

"Someone spoke to me," said I to the rat in the street. We've been getting along nicely, me and Rat. "And he didn't get trampled by a coach a minute later! Rat, perhaps this means I'm not useless!"

The rat stare blankly at me with its beady little eyes. I sigh.

"You're right. I will always be useless..." An idea comes to my head.

"Hey. I bet you this pebble that I can get over to that other corner without tripping!" The rat squeaks.

I stand up and sprint to the other corner. One step: no trips. Two steps: no trips. Three steps: no trips.... almost there! Four steps:

CRASH

An ash-covered crate has blocked my path! But too late, because I have already flung myself over it and landed face-first in the street. I glance back at the rat. It is still there, mocking me with its little beady eyes.

"Fine, you've won." I toss the pebble at it. I miss, obviously.

1 hour ago, Metacognition said:

Hero is spot on, as usual and those are some great CRs! I specifically put in a few CRs that would be relatively easy like the ones Hero is suggesting, like the Jaist, for people that aren't typically that much into RP. 

If you don't come up with a character, I'll come up with one for you (and people that don't come up with their own tend to get stuck with generic or unpleasant ones, just fyi [this goes for you too, Silverblade!]). I need one for if/when you die. No person is just a name. They are a conglomerate of all the things that they do. Their job, their personality, their thoughts and feelings, the way they interact with people. Without these things, I can't write a character's story. I might as well just write, "_____ was stabbed." for how much depth there is. 
Besides, why play a game in a specific setting if you don't get to interact and play around with that setting some, eh? :) 

A CR isn't exactly a character in it's own right- though there are a few one the list that can become the majority of the character. For example- being a Kleptomaniac, as I stated in the description, doesn't tell us what kind of Klepto you are. A CR is more of a characteristic of your character; not the whole of it. 

So, if you want, I'd suggest going with one of Hero's suggestions. They should be easy enough without getting into full blown RP mode. :)

Fiiinnnnneee. Ryth is a former guard who has blond hair.

1 hour ago, Metacognition said:

I need one for if/when you die. No person is just a name. They are a conglomerate of all the things that they do. Their job, their personality, their thoughts and feelings, the way they interact with people. Without these things, I can't write a character's story. I might as well just write, "_____ was stabbed." for how much depth there is. 

Hey, when I die, I expect to have failed at negotiating for my life.

Or I could have failed at dying, like Kelsier.

7 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

Fiiinnnnneee. Ryth is a former guard who has blond hair.

Much better than the Canal Worker I had you as (Tyrian Falls is, of course near enough to Lake and Ashmount Tyrian, from which it gets its name). ;)

When I die, I expect to fall out a window. That's how I've died in all of my other past lives.

22 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

When I die, I expect to fall out a window. That's how I've died in all of my other past lives.

Wait, we’re up against people with past lives? I need to get out of Tyrian falls, ASAP. I mean, what else does he know? He could be anyone! The Lord Ruler died recently, was he defenestrated? I need to find a way to check who has ever died to falling from a window, right after I get out of this horrifying place! Everyone’s just standing there talking about what they could be, instead of actually being someone, as if they know something I don’t! Can they change their characteristics so easily? You can’t just tell someone ‘You could be a mute’ and leave it at that, waiting for their approval or denial to what should be something you would know about yourself!

I looked for the nearest metal to push off, but there wasn’t any good angles. Sometimes I just wish I was a Lurcher so I could pull myself away from people, and at least check if anyone was going to chase me while I was leaving. Instead I just have to push and hope that no-one stabs me in the back on the way out. Doesn't sound good does it?

Wait, were there no angles because someone had made it that way? Was anyone about to get me with who-knows-what in this forsaken town? I’m still almost paralysed by the mere thought of what this guy knows, and more importantly, can actually do. Who goes around asking to be defenestrated? Is it a ploy, or the act of an actual madman?

Actually now that I think of it, I could always try and knock myself out. That always works, well, ‘works’. I go from facing someone with a knife that would actually kill me to waking up in the morning, at a completely different city. That’s how life is for everyone else though, but I have always wondered why it’s happened.

Ah well, if there’s not a good angle to push away from Tyrian Falls (almost as if we’re trapped), then I might as well find a good angle into a wall. The sooner I get away from this guy the better. I’ve only got myself to trust.

Edited by STINK
Gap for no reason

I'll be the Elderly gentleman always sitting on the porch. No one actually knows his name.

29 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

I'll be the Elderly gentleman always sitting on the porch. No one actually knows his name.

Hey, we can be sitting-around-and-doing-nothing buddies!

Remart stomped into the bar loudly. Thunk-stomp, thunk-stomp. His metal leg was certainly not subtle, but that kept him from forgetting that the itch he felt wasn't from his toes, since they weren't there anymore.

"Barkeep, a mug of your finest ale that won't cost me more than 2 clips, and I hope you have some of that roast boar you had yesterday! No? Ooh, blood pie sounds excellent instead, absolutely. Two of those, and make sure they're piping hot!" He grunted as he took a long draught of his ale (which was hardly worth the 2 clips, except that it was rather high on the alcohol content), and reached down to scratch the non-existent toes again. Rusting things. Even when they weren't attached they caused him trouble. He almost wished he hadn't cut off his leg to get rid of that itch.

Vomit sat in its study, picked up a pen, and began writing a letter

Dearest STINK (or whatever you're calling yourself),

You have been acting in a most disturbing manner by going out in the mists. Everyone knows that the mists contain the same horrors that ate The Lord Ruler! I have heard that that old man who hits people with his stick has been eaten by the mists! Do you have any news to share?

From, Vomit

A scrap of paper fell from the window above, drifting slowly with the ash. I caught it, or almost caught it, and began to read.

[ripped portion] ... Horrors that ate the Lord Ruler! I have heard that that old... [unintelligible markings] ... Stick has been eaten by the mists! Do you... [ripped portion]

I tap my scruffy chin, where I once tried to grow a beard, but failed. I turn to Rat.

" Rat, this is terrible! Old Stick has been eaten by the mists! And the Lord Ruler as well, but who cares. I knew I heard something rather out of the ordinary the other night."

Rat regards me with his little beady eyes. I nod.

"Yes, we must offer a moment of silence for Stick...."

Signing up as Kip Pikker, a Narcissist traveling bard with a fine taste in clothes, a gorgeous long Disconnected Undercut hairstyle, a smoky fragrance, generally fantastic personal taste, superior intellect, and snappy humor.