4 hours ago, Conquestor said:

Hello, this will also be my second game, but whatever. Anyway, I am playing Mr. Hoid, the Joker, who is often Forgetful, and has Prophetic visions. This is pushing it a bit, but will be a most interesting character. (I figure this first part is my joke) :D

5 hours ago, Arinian said:

Oh... I already playing 2 games, but atleast for month I'm absolutely free so I think I can play one more :D. So I signing up.

Well, this is gonna be the third game I'm playing at once!  Ha!  My mind is going to die.

I'm going to be some kind of Narcissist/Compulsive Gambler Combo, and don't worry, I'll be able to mention just how much better than you I am at everything, in every post.  In fact, I'm willing to bet that I can beat you, in any contest, of your choice. :P

@Metacognition, doesn't the Narcissist think he's better looking than the Casanova? :P 

Actual RP to come when I have time.

17 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Quintus is over on Roshar, so instead, Remart will join the game here. He's more than a bit of a glutton, though thanks to an overactive metabolism, he remains under 300 lbs...most of the time. Edit: (I didn't think about two roles, which is an awesome idea). The fact that he is missing his left leg, now replaced by a very basic metal prosthetic (like a peg leg, just metal instead of wood), helps keep his body weight down technically, though the metal leg weighs more than an actual leg would.

Someone has to ask.  Did Remat eat his own leg when he couldn't find any food? :o

I'm signing up as Nicki, a noblewoman looking for a way to de-inquisitize her father. She's in Tyrian Falls looking for metals related to Inquisitors, which is her 57th lead in six years.

I'd like to have the CR of theorist, where every few posts I come up with an incredibly wrong theory about Inquisitors, how they are made, and how they relate to the Spiked.

13 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Someone has to ask.  Did Remat eat his own leg when he couldn't find any food? :o

Remart gives Alvron an emotionless stare as he gnaws on a turkey leg.

Edited by Jondesu

My name will be: The Puddle of Vomit (Vomit for short) 

CR: I will be a Mistwraiths ate my parents/Gossip combo!

Did you hear that a mistwraith found a dead inquisitor and became the dreaded shapeshifting, allomantic, cat shaped inquisitor!

10 hours ago, Nyali said:

A few questions now that I've read the rules more carefully:

1. Does the Thug's once per game protection from death work on the lynch?

2. When a Rioter cancels their own vote by using their power, is their vote removed from the official tally? It seems like yes, but that seems like it would be really easy to figure out who is a Rioter.

3. If a Rioter both votes and riots a Smoker (or the one protected by the Smoker), is the Rioter's vote canceled even though they are unable to change the Smoker's vote? Or does the Smoker's vote count since they were essentially roleblocked?

4. When a Seeker attempts to use their power on a Spiked Smoker, are they told the Smoker is innocent, or are they told that their attempt to Seek someone was prevented by a Smoker?

5. Do eliminators get a night kill? I assume so, but I don't see it explicitly stated above.

6. Is there an eliminator kill on Night 0?

7. Can a Coinshot use their vig kill on Night 0?

8. Were my parents really eaten by Mistwraiths?

1. Yes it does.
2. Yes it is. And everyone always says that, but that never winds up being the case. ;)
3. Smoking is not a Roleblock. The Emotional Allomancy, whether a Rioter or Soother, is prevented; not stopped before it happens. Thus, a Rioter's vote would be canceled even though they were unable to change their target's vote. 
4. A Seeker will get back a "undetectable" reading if they target a Smoker or a Smoker's target. 
5. The Spiked do indeed get a Night Kill. It does take up the player's action for the Night though. 
6. Yes. Everyone can use any of their abilities on Night 0. So, if you're lucky enough, a Seeker could find a Spiked on the first night. 
7. See above. Everyone can use any of their abilities Night 0.
8. Mistwraiths don't really have mouths so to speak and chewing is probably not something they do either- err, I mean I guess we'll just have to wait and see! :P

8 hours ago, Arinian said:

Can I take two Cosmetic roles?

20 hours ago, Metacognition said:

You can do more than one, if you like. If you feel you can incorporate multiple CRs, feel free. The only requirement is that everyone needs to have one. :)

3 hours ago, Magestar said:

@Metacognition, doesn't the Narcissist think he's better looking than the Casanova? :P 

He most likely would; which should make for some interesting interactions between you and Elenion then, huh? ;)
Fake Edit: See? It already begins.

2 hours ago, Arraenae said:

I'm signing up as Nicki, a noblewoman looking for a way to de-inquisitize her father. She's in Tyrian Falls looking for metals related to Inquisitors, which is her 57th lead in six years.

I'd like to have the CR of theorist, where every few posts I come up with an incredibly wrong theory about Inquisitors, how they are made, and how they relate to the Spiked.

I'll allow it as long as you wind up showing the build up (like research or examination or the like) in the posts between theories. They can't just come out of thin air after all. Good idea! :)

In collaboration with Doc

Nicki was on the verge of collapse when she finally saw the shop. A place to buy metals. She had to get there. She ignored the sputterings of her last bit of pewter and ran towards the shop. If she got… another vial of pewter… she’d be fine… mostly.

Nicki almost threw herself onto the door. She leaned against it for a few moments, panting in exhaustion. She’d never ran for so long on pewter alone before. Once she regained her breath, she opened the door.

Inside was a dark room, with a dim light revealing a man behind a countertop and a shelf full of vials. Finally, she could get more pewter.

Nicki walked over to the countertop and waited for the man’s attention. When it became clear that he wasn’t aware of her presence, Nicki tiredly pounded the wooden countertop a few times.

“I need… pewter” Nicki gasped out. By the Lord Ruler, she could feel the headache already. It felt like someone was pounding on her head with a mallet.

The man - almost a boy, really, did not seem too perturbed at her crashing into his shop. He put down his book, chose a vial from the shelf and tossed it to her. Nicki caught the vial and downed it greedily. She burned the pewter, and its warmth chased away her headache and exhaustion.

Her pewter was taken care of. Now Nicki needed to get supplies for her experiments. Now that she’d seen her father up close, she needed to diagram the physical changes. The first thing she had to do was figure out where the spikes were --she needed to know whether it would hurt her father to take the spikes out. The spikes seemed like the Lord Ruler’s claim on the Inquisitors, and Nicki’s father couldn’t live a normal life with spikes through his eyes. And how did those spikes get in there? Had they grown from his flesh?

Focus, she told herself. Diagram first. How many spikes had her father had? Ten, fifteen? Better to go with fifteen.

“I need 15 spikes, in the cheapest metal you can give me. Can you do that?” she asked the man.

He disappeared into a backroom. Did that… did that mean he was going  to do it? To help her?

She didn't know what to think when he returned from the room with a mug and a loaf of bread,  setting it before her. Casually, he leaned back against the counter.  “Am I to understand that my humble shop has been graced with the presence of a Mistborn? Or some… poor theorizer who wants to be an inquisitor?”

Wonderful. The man wanted some conversation. Nicki felt her headache coming back again at the prospect. “Does it matter?” Nicki said, exasperated. “Can you do that or not?” She reached for the bread. The food tasted glorious after days of nothing but pewter.

He raised an eyebrow. Quickly, he moved to a drawer and brought out a lump of metal. As she watched, he pushed it into a furnace. Drawing it our, he hammered it. Quickly, efficiently, no strike wasted. Then he tempered it in water. Then he repeated the process. The process took five minutes, and there was now a perfect copper spike gleaming in his hand. “metals, I can provide. Even unusual requests. Spikes, though. What would your want with spikes, girl?”

By the Lord Ruler, Nicki felt like the man was trying to make her headache come back. She didn’t have the energy to chat right now. Maybe coming here was a bad idea. She stayed silent as she munched on the bread.

Once she was done with the food, she answered. “It doesn’t matter what I'm using these for,” Nicki said. “You make the spikes. I pay. You don’t ask me annoying questions. I don’t do anything I regret. Can you understand that?”

Now he was smiling. A tugging of the lips, a smirk. “A threat?" He asked. He paused. “You're no Inquisitor, ” he finally said. “No Mistborn, either. What you are, then, is someone who's fascinated by spikes. A researcher? A self-experimenter? An idiot?” He shrugged. “Either way. The spikes I give you won't be used for decoration, I suspect.

Now the man was simply stating the obvious. Rusts, Nicki’s headache was killing her. She clenched and unclenched her fists. “Can you shut up?!” Nicki shouted. “I asked for eight spikes, not a conversation. If you hurry up you can have your money and I can have my ten spikes to help my father!”

He fell silent, his wry smile vanishing. His voice lost that edge, becoming quieter. “Your father?” He twirled the copper spike in his hands, the one you didn't remember him taking back from you. “He's an Inquisitor, isn't he?”

Nicki stood up. This man knew something. He had to. He knew her father was an Inquisitor. Maybe he knew how Inquisitors were made. Did he know that Nicki was trying to find a way to de-Inquisitize her father?

Nicki flared pewter and seized the man by his forearms, pinning them to his body.  She shook the metallurgist. “Tell me everything you know,” she hissed. “TELL ME!”

He fell very still. Slowly, he spoke, raising his palms. “You need me alive and unhurt if you need me to forge those spikes for you, dear.” He allowed himself a slight smile.

“You know something,” Nicki said. “I don’t have time to play word games. Please. My father needs this information.”

Rin fixed his eyes on the koloss currently standing in his store, palms still raised. 

Okay, it wasnt actually a koloss, more an exhausted girl with a wild look in her eyes and crazy requests.  But hey, strong, doesn't like words, resorting to force? koloss.

Oh, he had to needle a pewterarm. Just had to. Couldnt resist, could he? fantastic. Eyes still never leaving the girl, he spoke. "You wanted spikes. Fifteen spikes. Now, what is the only thing in Scadrial known for having lots of spikes?” He held up the copper spike. “One or two? Eh. Maybe you wanted nails, or something. Ten spikes? All of different metals?” He looked her dead in the eyes. “You’re experimenting. And you mentioned you were doing this for your father. Either he wants to be an Inquisitor, which would kind of explain the wits that his daughter inherited…” He paused. Perhaps it was better not to further antagonize a girl who could break his leg with a single stomp. Hastily, he continued “...or he’s currently an inquisitor, and you’re curious to know how it works. In which case… I have no words."

Looking at her, he saw her start at his second guess. Wow. Wow. That degree of idiocy... But. He supposed he couldn't blame her too much. His own parents had disappeared when he was a child, and he understood that drive to do anything to want to help them. But still. An Inquisitor

The girl was still watching him with narrowed eyes. 

Learning how an Inquisitor works. It was insane. 

And yet. He couldnt deny he was curious. 

Blast you, Rin. Blast your endless curiosity. You think yourself too clever for your own good. 

Just. Turn her down and send her to Luthadel. or somewhere. Somewhere where a less wise metallurgist might be able to help her...unlock the secrets of an Inquisitor. yes. He was going to say no.

"I'll do it," His mouth said.

Damntation take you, mouth. No. dont smirk. Stop smirking. He looked the girl dead in her eyes, watching her eyes light up. 

"As long as I get to come along." 

...Sigh. 

Rin, tinker, with a touch of neat freak thrown in. Wanted to go scholarly, but finding a book quote for every single post? Daunting :P

1 hour ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

How much focus/time/effort does this require?

Depends on your level of involvement. It can either take up around a half hour a day or it could take up most of your time, if you let it. :) You'll at least want enough time to be able to read through everyone's posts made during a day and enough time for you to make one or two of your own. I'd say that it typically would take around an hour or so to do that if you're only checking in once a day. 

1 hour ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

And my name is Joe, and I'm Useless.

That guy that sits on the corner next to the dung pile and does absolutely nothing.

Close. I like the idea of the CR. Not every CR should be a boon, in my opinion. Just needs a bit of a tweak.

Useless - You just can't seem to do anything right. At this point, you've come to accept the fact that you'll probably never amount to much and that you're useless. In every post, you must show yourself either failing at some task or show yourself never starting a task, due to you knowing that it'll fail. 

How's that?

11 minutes ago, Metacognition said:

Close. I like the idea of the CR. Not every CR should be a boon, in my opinion. Just needs a bit of a tweak.

Useless - You just can't seem to do anything right. At this point, you've come to accept the fact that you'll probably never amount to much and that you're useless. In every post, you must show yourself either failing at some task or show yourself never starting a task, due to you knowing that it'll fail. 

How's that?

Hmmm. I like it. I'm off to do some more nothing.

If I were playing this, I'd be adding Madman and playing it with shades of Tinker although that would be more secondary.

(The Madman:  Must interact with something that exists only in their own head at least once per RP post. May exhibit other delusions, paranoid/obsessive behaviours etc, at the writer’s preference.)

I'm not playing this game however, no matter how much I want to write this character. >> I'll take a link to the spec doc, if there is one.

CR Suggustions:

Angry: Maybe you had a horrible day or you just like being angry. Every post you must express your anger in some way.

Obsessive: Be it dead people or cats you are obsessed with something and must comment on it in every post.

Meta-Man: You know things that others don't and must comment on something meta in every post.

Cursed: You believe yourself to be cursed and must make a comment about your curse in every post.

Explorer: You have always had the urge to poke around places. Each turn you must explore or brag about a past discovery.

20 hours ago, Elenion said:

Mage, you can think you're better-looking than me all you want, but you're not. Ask your wife: she spent enough time looking at me yesterday to know.

To be honest, I'm left uncertain as to how to deal with this.  I hadn't planned on my character being married. :P 

On January 3, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Nyali said:

A few questions now that I've read the rules more carefully:

1. Does the Thug's once per game protection from death work on the lynch?

2. When a Rioter cancels their own vote by using their power, is their vote removed from the official tally? It seems like yes, but that seems like it would be really easy to figure out who is a Rioter.

3. If a Rioter both votes and riots a Smoker (or the one protected by the Smoker), is the Rioter's vote canceled even though they are unable to change the Smoker's vote? Or does the Smoker's vote count since they were essentially roleblocked?

4. When a Seeker attempts to use their power on a Spiked Smoker, are they told the Smoker is innocent, or are they told that their attempt to Seek someone was prevented by a Smoker?

5. Do eliminators get a night kill? I assume so, but I don't see it explicitly stated above.

6. Is there an eliminator kill on Night 0?

7. Can a Coinshot use their vig kill on Night 0?

8. Were my parents really eaten by Mistwraiths?

Look for the Ja for answers, and your concerns will be unfounded. Praise the Ja. 

I will be Aralis. He is a Cynic (does not believe in Spiked or Koloss), Elderly, and is the Bearer of a Large Thwacking Staff. But, since he doesn't like young people that much, and pretty much everyone in the town is young (compared to him), he is happy to participate in the lynch if it means a few less people bothering him for the rest of his life.

Cynic: Must mention in every post that Koloss don't exist, and there is nobody trying to sabotage the town

Bearer of a Large Thwacking Staff: Must mention relying on a staff in some way in every post, and when directly confronting other players must hit or consider hitting them.

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

I will be Aralis. He is a Cynic (does not believe in Spiked or Koloss), Elderly, and is the Bearer of a Large Thwacking Staff. But, since he doesn't like young people that much, and pretty much everyone in the town is young (compared to him), he is happy to participate in the lynch if it means a few less people bothering him for the rest of his life.

Cynic: Must mention in every post that Koloss don't exist, and there is nobody trying to sabotage the town

Bearer of a Large Thwacking Staff: Must mention relying on a staff in some way in every post, and when directly confronting other players must hit or consider hitting them.

Maybe this time, the old man survives, eh? Probably not, but it's worth a shot, right? :P

Both of those CRs look good. I don't see anything that I'd change to them.