17 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

I never said there wasn't multiple ways to play, I just explained my actions and motives for voting the way I have. I also haven't interacted with you in previous games almost at all, at least that I can remember(of course, lately I've been dying within the first few Cycles :().

What! How can you forget our battle of wits? Lg 26? Shallan versus the last ghoostblood? I mean sure, it had a rather anticlimactic ending, but still, I feel as though it should have been at least mildly memorable. 

Well, I would like to thank everyone that took there votes off of me, that was very kind. I do not have much of a suspicion, but Sart has not taken his vote off of me, so, until he tells me why, I will not take my vote off of him.

"The sky, it will turn black, the worlds will end, with their shards dead." The crowd just looked at Mr. Hoid. "I think he's crazy." "Do you think it is infectious?" "Let's get out of here." As suddenly as they came, they had gone, all except one. "Are you a Mistborn?" asked Mr. Hoid. "I want to know what a Atium spike does to . . . Mr. Hoid slowed in talk, then pulled out a sword.

Joe strolled down the street. He had left the ash tacos with the waiter, who was sure to know what to do with them. The ash drifted down from the sky to the cobbles. Joe took the streets with no one on them, choosing quiet over conversation. The ashmounts in the distance and the grey ash falling made a peaceful scene, almost. There was serenity in this solitude. A sequence of squeaks announced Rat's arrival, which Joe turned to meet. Though in doing so, the cobbles twisted beneath him and he tumbled down. Face to the ground, Joe could literally see eye to eye with Rat.

"Well hello, Rat."

Rat squeaked.

"Oh, so you got bored of the Manor too?"

Squeak squeak.

"That's fine. No, this was the first fall of the walk. Pretty fortunate, don't you think?"

Squeak.

"Whatever. You can't fall on those four legs of yours. I've just got these two useless ones."

Rat was quiet, like the ash that drifted down. Joe was quiet too, until he belched.

"Oops."

9 minutes ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

What! How can you forget our battle of wits? Lg 26? Shallan versus the last ghoostblood? I mean sure, it had a rather anticlimactic ending, but still, I feel as though it should have been at least mildly memorable. 

Ohhh right. I remember that, I'd just forgotten that was with you. That was quite fun, yes. :lol: Though it wasn't a regular elimination game like this, so it didn't really help me get a feel for how you'd normally play as a villager.

Gamma Fiend.

(P.S. @Doc12 @Herowannabe: I wasn't trying to "put a stop" to the discussion of Wilson's alignment. I was merely trying to refocus the discussion to the discussion. As I pointed out, we can't know anything about Wilson's alignment based on the attack/save. However, we might be able to gain some benefit from the discussion surrounding it.)

5 hours ago, Arraenae said:

If you're village, I can understand your reasoning. It's very tempting to sit back and let the better players do all the accusations for you. Even better if you wait for a seeker, who is confirmed to get the right results.

The issue with this line of thought is that the seeker might not exist. Or they might be Spiked. Or they might have a string of bad luck and keep on hitting people who are Smoked.   Meanwhile, the elims will continue to kill the villagers, one every cycle. The number of elims will stay the same and the number of villagers will drop. Yes, a Seeker, if one exists, could be accurately identify the elims. The problem is that waiting for them is too slow and leads to a game of follow-the-cop. So everybody has to step up and say something.

It's true that your vote isn't particularly likely to land on an eliminator. But that's true for everyone else. The way you find an slim (without a Seeker) is through analysis. Lots of it. When you post your analysis, you generate more analysis. And then others will have more things to analyze. They'll react to your analysis, which in turn will give you more information for your own analysis. Analysis begets analysis begets analysis. And analysis is how we catch elims. I know it can be scary to accuse people, but it's the best way to find the elims. Sometime you have to threaten people a little bit to make them speak. Then you can decide if it's worth pursuing that suspicion or not.

In this case, I'm starting to lean towards you being a villager. I'm not sure I like how certain people, such as Lopen, have reacted to this. I'll take a look at your stuff and decide before rollover.

Well, I agree with finding eliminators through analysis, and especially because once you hit one in a lynch you can go back and examine what they said and start making some logical jumps which you can hopefully connect to other eliminators. My concern is mainly with my quality of analysis. If you had a ton of people posting low quality stuff it just creates targets to be lynched by legitimate trains of thought from villagers or spurred on by eliminators. It's vital to get the balance right (between enough information/accusations and assurance of quality).

Take the example of Lopen, I have a couple of thoughts about him withdrawing his vote from me. The first, is that he's probably not an eliminator b/c he pulled his vote from me when I had three other votes on me. Thus, it makes me significantly less likely to be lynched (and he mind as well wait to see what the village decides of me if he was an elim). On the flip side, maybe he realized after my/your post that I probably wouldn't be lynched so he backed of early to create exactly that assumption (that he's a villager who agrees that I am innocent, thus avoiding the threat of being seen as an eliminator bandwagoning on people as I early questioned). In every situation in forum you pretty much have some dichotomy or plurality of possibilities, and I'm still working on developing the critical thinking to differentiate between which logic train is right and which is wrong. Equally, I find it hard to choose one because I know the other possibility (or possibilities) exists and that my logic could be faulty which makes it psychologically hard to commit. 

Sorry about the lack of RP, I've been focusing on not dying :P (not to mention that some of the accusations originally argued I had to much RP and to little analysis).

Official Vote Tally: 

Dalinar (3)- Elenion, Arraenae, Doc12
Elbereth (2)- Ecthelion, Drake Marshall
Hemalurgic Headshot (2)- Seonid, Gamma Feind
Ecthelion (2)- Straw, Hemalurgic Headshot
Lopen (2)- Araris, Dalinar
Stink (1)- Stink
Gamma Feind (1)- Kipper
Doc12 (1)- Madagascar
I am Stick (1)- Wilson
Conquestor (1)- Sart
Wonko (1)- Jondesu
Elenion (1)- Elbereth
Droughtbringer (1)- I am Stick
Orlok (1)- Wyrmhero
Nyali (1)- Arinian
Sart (1)- Conquestor

No Votes (12)- Wonko, Orlok, Bugsy, Lopen, Droughtbringer, Magestar, Silverblade, Herowannabe, Nyali, Manukos, A Joe in the Bush, Assassin in Burgundy

Let me know if I missed anything. You guys have 2 and half more hours left in the day!

4 hours ago, Kipper said:

Gamma Fiend.

Why are you voting for Gamma? Just curious.

3 hours ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

Sorry about the lack of RP, I've been focusing on not dying :P (not to mention that some of the accusations originally argued I had to much RP and to little analysis).

I think that's me you're talking about. I wanted to comment that you don't have to do more analysis than RP. I was more trying to lay out all of what you'd done than accuse you of that with my post.

I might put my vote back on Dalinar if the votes stay like this. Last AG, I was lynched D1 by vote manipulation(admittedly, I was Spiked then, but oh well :P). I was also just lynched D1 the last game I played(Unlucky me >>), and vote manipulation had a part in that as well. So I really don't feel like taking any chances.

"Forgiving of the lurking. Dragging of the having of Conquestor." Sart said sheepishly.

"Finding the vote of Joe of not of having the having of suspicion." Sart prodded. "Having the not of ising of suspicion. Hoping of the playing of confusion. Being in the aming of the wasing." He hoped that made sense.

Well Doc12 done shown up even if it wash jusht to pile onto shum other guy... sho I guess I can't throw catsh at him anymore. Wonko hain't done nuffin' either way so I don't feel bad about throwin' me catsh at him (not that I can stop them).

I personally do not have any particular feelingsh about Dalinar being a shpiked, though it will be embarrasshing if it turnsh out he ish a shpiked an' Matilda'sh getsh left holdin' the bag. Moshtly it wash that thing what that dirty theef Lopen pointed out about him changing hish vote, thus puttin' himshelf in the lead. I also dun forgot about vote man-ip-yoo-lashun though or maybe it'sh shum kind o' plan, but it don't sit right wif me.

Really while I'll bet 5 gold coinsh it'sh the short of admisshin that'll get me an' me catsh lynched here to Kingdom come, I actually don't really like murderin' people on the "firsht day" (firsht day accordin' to all you! Matilda'sh eighty and her catsh are an average of seven ter nine yearsh old... she'sh seen a hell of a lot o' more daysh than any of you young'uns). That ish why I moshtly been firing me catsh at people I figure ain't really here in the firsht place. I got trouble with the resht o' the accusashuns what becaush either a lot are talkin' about villagesh what I don't think I actually been to, or are stuff which I could alsho see myself doing if I was jusht un-confident in my cat-throwing abilities or bored.

Ack-shoo-ally I'm considering changin' me vote to tie sho no one diesh, if no evidensh comesh up, but I alsho dunno how thish vote manipulatin' worksh an' I got me Contribyoo-shin Crushade to keep in mind too. Shoughts?

Sart, can you put a translation of your posts? I can't understand anything you're saying.

The door didn't open, so Nicki pounded on it again.

"Sharpe!" She called. "I have a case for you. It's about the man who was killed. Sharpe! Are you listening? I've got a case!"

Edited by Arraenae

8 minutes ago, Sart said:

"Forgiving of the lurking. Dragging of the having of Conquestor." Sart said sheepishly.

"Finding the vote of Joe of not of having the having of suspicion." Sart prodded. "Having the not of ising of suspicion. Hoping of the playing of confusion. Being in the aming of the wasing." He hoped that made sense.

He's especially unclear this time because I can't tell if he's voting for A Joe in the Bush or Hemalurgic Headshot, who's character's name is Joe. :lol:

36 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Why are you voting for Gamma? Just curious.

I think that's me you're talking about. I wanted to comment that you don't have to do more analysis than RP. I was more trying to lay out all of what you'd done than accuse you of that with my post.

I might put my vote back on Dalinar if the votes stay like this. Last AG, I was lynched D1 by vote manipulation(admittedly, I was Spiked then, but oh well :P). I was also just lynched D1 the last game I played(Unlucky me >>), and vote manipulation had a part in that as well. So I really don't feel like taking any chances.

Well, considering I don't want that... And I also really don't want to die. LopenHemalurgic Headshot. I don't like it, but out of the three possible choices he's my top vote.

On 1/10/2017 at 11:11 PM, Elenion said:

Mobile quotes, sorry.

Dalinar, I understand where you are coming from. It's the instinct almost every new player has. But it is dead wrong.

Committing to an opinion and explaining it thoroughly will always, always help the village. A sea of low-quality, wildly inaccurate analysis from every player? I dream of a situation like that! All that conversation to analyze; it would be fantastic.

What you're forgetting is that somewhere in that sea, there's a selection of players who know more than the rest, but are trying to seem like they don't. It is very, very hard to falsify that much analysis without leaving tells.

So yes, bad analysis will lead to Village deaths. But did you think the Village was going to get through this unscathed? If it forces the Elims to start talking, and committing to opinions, it is worth virtually any price.

So talk, and form strong opinions -- not because you think it will help, but because it will make others do the same.

And on that note, I'll go ahead and throw a vote at Hemalurgic Headshot. His posts have rubbed me very wrong, seeming very artificial. He's working very hard to seem like he's making meaningful contributions, but all of his 'suspicions' are apparently drawn out of thin air, and he has repeatedly dodged requests that he explain them. Of the people up for the lynch, I suspect him the most.

17 minutes ago, Sart said:

"Hasing made the mistake. Hiding in bush of target. Being Jack and Joe" Sart realized he had been foolish. He was trying to vote for Jack, who was lurking and not voting. That seemed different than what Sart expected of the man. Perhaps Jack was trying to let the chaos of today lynch an innocent bystander.

4 minutes ago, Sart said:

"Hasing made the mistake. Hiding in bush of target. Being Jack and Joe" Sart realized he had been foolish. He was trying to vote for Jack, who was lurking and not voting. That seemed different than what Sart expected of the man. Perhaps Jack was trying to let the chaos of today lynch an innocent bystander.

It's possible you missed this:

On 1/11/2017 at 10:47 AM, A Joe in the Bush said:

I probably won't be posting more than a single post per 24 hours until after Saturday. The entire extended family is in town or my sister's wedding. I will still be following along and taking notes, but don't expect large attacks on people.

Herwynbe bustled about, trying to eavesdrop on all the conversations and failing miserably. There was just too much to do, too many guests who needed refills. By the forgotten gods, do these people EVER stop eating? ...or drinking? He glanced at Matilda disapprovingly, then immediately felt guilty for the insubordinate thought. He returned to his work and resolved to do better. 

5 hours ago, Kipper said:

Gamma Fiend.

(P.S. @Doc12 @Herowannabe: I wasn't trying to "put a stop" to the discussion of Wilson's alignment. I was merely trying to refocus the discussion to the discussion. As I pointed out, we can't know anything about Wilson's alignment based on the attack/save. However, we might be able to gain some benefit from the discussion surrounding it.)

Why did you tag me in this post? I don't recall ever owning a droid having called you or anybody else out for "putting a stop" to discussion. :blink: I'm guessing you got me mixed up with someone else?

Back from my work craziness, but seriously I have no clue who to suspect or why and I see that the Contribution Crusaders have already been diligent in my absence. Really, at this point, with only about an hour left in the day and without time to properly analyze anything, I feel it would be irresponsible of me to vote for anyone at this point.

Also as a side note, my thanks to @Claincyfor my new profile pic. :lol::lol::lol:

pastries.jpg

*sigh*

Actually I'm going to retract Wonko and vote for Dalinar. Thish ish moshtly to tie, becaush I don't like that he an' Wonko ish voting fer the new player on their firsht game. Even if Ushelessh Joe ish evil I don't think that'sh nishe and I fear doing sho would result in ush becoming more evil than the shpiked.

Just to be 100% clear, I, Matilda, am clearly stating I am shtickin' me poor warty ol' head out for Hemalurgic Headshot, sho if Fate decides to hate me and hash made him evil, everyone can conclude that I am extra evil and target me, in the Logical SE Dominoesh game.

*takes out a big flashing red sign and points it at own head*

39 minutes ago, Sart said:

Sorry about that. And while I'm always in favor of a good amount of chaos, i prefer to be causing it with Joe's-Crazy-Plans-to-Save-the-Village-that-almost-always-involve-him-Commiting-Suicide(TM). Seriously, In how many of my past lives have I committed suicide? The last game of shards, the game where i was Odium, the Death note game, probably more that i can't think of off the top of my head.

That said, I will be voting for Dalinah Kholin. I'm not going to idly stand by while a first timer is lynched before they can even play, evil or not, and i don't think he is evil. (Plus, he's another Joe, so he can't be all that bad)

Yes this is, like Madagascar above me, a blatant attempt to save Hemalurgic Headshot. I have no idea of his alignment, and will happily let the village lynch me if it turns out he is Spiked. (Look! I just did it again! What is with me and offering to kill myself?)

42 minutes ago, Madagascar said:

Hmm... well I wash goin' to shpare Wonko once he showed up, but he'sh going to try to lynch Hemalurgic Headshot on the firsht day o' his firsht village, which is just jerkish enough to make me want to continue voting for him outa shpite.

That's fair, and something I neglected to consider. Thank you for pointing it out to me. Hemalurgic Headshot . I remain suspicious of him, but no one should be made to suffer that.

Hmm, well I'm going to retract Dalinar and vote for...

MATILDA

I keep changin' me vote and tryin' ter save people! Clearly I'm an evil Shpiked up to no good and not a poor mad ol' cat lady who jusht can find enough liquor in thish village to shave her life!

Edited by Madagascar
Retracted wrong pershon