Just now, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Wait, so if we kill two Ghostbloods this cycle, next cycle we all win?

Also, that was by far the coolest write up ever. 

If we kill two ghostbloods, exactly two, and no Sons of honour or Diagramists. I have already put a kill order on Amanuensis, and a Vote on Drake, two Ghostbloods.

4 minutes ago, Manukos said:

hmmm it seems that i can't get rid of this sry @Berenion

any how yeah i think this is check mate  , drake . well played joe , in two turns you won the game :P

We haven't won yet Maunkos, and I'm only giving it 50/50 odds that nobody messes it up.

3 minutes ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Is this a record for fastest game?

Nope. LG15A finished in one turn.

Edited by A Joe in the Bush
Added Link

@Silverblade5, I'm thinking I want to go for the Bondsmith win for this cycle, and if it gets screwed up, we'll have brought the numbers closer together for the two teams. Thusly, Drake.

Edit: this would be a somewhat unsatisfactory ending to the game, honestly, but would clear it up before the AG starts on Monday, so I'm okay with that.

Edited by Jondesu

35 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

@Silverblade5, I'm thinking I want to go for the Bondsmith win for this cycle, and if it gets screwed up, we'll have brought the numbers closer together for the two teams. Thusly, Drake.

Edit: this would be a somewhat unsatisfactory ending to the game, honestly, but would clear it up before the AG starts on Monday, so I'm okay with that.

. . .I'm getting the feeling that people are not only expecting me to betray the alliance, but wanting me to. . .

Well I'm not going to willingly betray the alliance. I'm committed to a bondsmith victory

The crowd faces Uther. Most of them want him dead, and those who do not have given up. More than a few weapons are leveled at him, and he is backed dangerously close to one of those windows. Storms, that's a long way down... The base of the tower is barely visible from this high up. He cannot see a way out of his demise. He is quickly considering possibilities.

They want to work together. But how can we work together? If we had a common goal, maybe we could overlook our different methods of reaching it... But we do not have anything close to a common goal! The Sons of Honor are GLAD the everstorm has come! The Diagramists would see the entirety of this PLANET subjugated in the name of a dream their old fool of a king once had. They cared nothing for the goals of the Ghostbloods. And we would NOT be forced into submission to them.

And the self-proclaimed "Sons of Honor", hiding behind the backs of Diagramists... Honorable indeed. Yes. The Sons of Honor. The only reason they threw their lots with the Diagramists is because they had to. To refuse their help would be to accept defeat. Some of the Diagramists likely do not really want to work with the Sons of Honor. And some of the Sons of Honor undoubtedly would rather not work with Diagramists. They allied out of necessity; both factions were critically weakened on the first cycle and without an alliance the Ghostbloods would have devestated them. Now that the Ghostbloods approach a weakened state... The alliance becomes less and less necessary for either faction to succeed.

And, there was the fact that the Ghostbloods still had a cook in play...

And yet, we don't have voter majority, in part due to Ghostbloods who betrayed their own cause. And, as I had expected, we are still subject to cook kills.

They really seem to think everyone can work together, after all this.

Not that it mattered. The Diagramists had outmaneuvered him. They had turned a sudden defeat into a spectacular victory.

But they won't be enough. The everstorm...

This is the way the world ends...

Not with a bang. NOT with a whimper. With a howl.

The howl of a distant, unnatural, terrible storm on the horizon.

There was no avoiding his death. Uther understood that and accepted it. Through some twist of fate, the Ghostbloods had been defeated.

He stares at the triple-diamond insignia, tattooed on his wrist. It stood for a higher cause... But the world has a way of turning those on their heads. Uther had seen it happen to plenty of other causes... Storms, he had overthrown his share of them. Now the Ghostbloods were in danger of the same. Not that he would live to see it happen.

He stands up on a crate, his back to the window, elevated above the crowd. He clears his throat to address the warring factions one last time before they take him.

"Diagramists. I cannot help but salute you. You were uncovered so early, and through some miracle you have manipulated the crowds into doing your bidding instead of bringing you to justice. The battle is yours. But you know what? This world is ending. Regardless of what your Diagram might tell you, you are not equipped to deal with the storm that has come. Enjoy your victory while it lasts."

"Sons of Honor. My death sets you free of your obligation to the Diagramists. Our numbers are cut down, and the Ghostbloods are no longer the threat to you we were. When the Ghostbloods had the choice, most of us voted against a Bondsmith's victory. Now you have the choice. You must decide. Are you really committed to working with the Diagramists?"

"Ghostbloods. All I can do is wish our edgedancer hadn't let the Diagramists know they were discovered. As it is, our forces are greatly weakened. With the losses we sustain, you will no doubt be maneuvered into a pact with the others, which is in truth our best and only chance at survival. I don't know what the future holds, nor will I live to know it one day, but... For what it's worth, good luck."

"And as for the Bondsmith... Most importantly the Bondsmith... You only want to unite us. Well, perhaps I can't stop you. But after the thrill of your victory settles down, and after you return to your daily business... I want you to face yourself with a hard question. You are a Bondsmith, and you spoke an oath to unite instead of divide. But what of your means of doing so?

You have built your precious peace on the corpses of people who did not agree with you. When the majority did not want to work together, you saw this as no impediment. You just killed them all. Problem solved.

Journey before destination. The ends do not justify the means.

It's such an easy lie to tell. Of coarse the ends justify the means; sometimes you need to make sacrifices for the greater good. The Diagramists would certainly tell you that. So too would the Sons of Honor, and, I realize, so too would the Ghostbloods.

But when you tell yourselves "the ends justifies the means" you are tricking yourselves. You focus not on the end but on your ends. You choose to focus, not on the complete end result, but just on the small piece of it that you aimed to achieve. Your vision tunnels, and they see only the glory of your goals, not the price.

Journey before destination, radiant. Even I know that."

"I understand that nothing I can say at this point will change your mind. I don't intend to change your mind. But when the dust is settled, you will remember."

Uther stands above the crowd. There was silence and blades leveled at him and anticipation for the day's end.

The race was run.

He draws his knife. Poisoned. A mix of powerful sedatives and a distillation of blackbane. The knife of a Ghostblood assassin. it would offer him a quick and painless death. He holds it out to the crowd, handle first.

"Get it over with, then."

2 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

Drake's own signature specifies that he himself is a Diagrammist. Just a coincidence? Not likely, given that his member title is "Herald of Irony".

Illuminati definitely confirmed.

Actually, it specifies that he is a Diagramist.  Which brings up the question I've been wondering all game...

Do you spell Diagramist with one M, or two? :wacko:

:P 

hmmm... lets try something  (it will definitely backfire )

HEY GHOSTBLOCKS you have two choices :

1. you let us kill smn at random (cough ,cough amanuensis , cough )without any healers or things like that , and we all win with the bondsmith 
  2. the  plan fails , in which case my personal objective will be to see the ghostbloods dead 

p.s. we (the diagrammists ) will set the kill order so plz no other cooks do anything

p.s.2. @Magestar  idk what the correct spelling is but the deity known as lil wilson told me  that i am a diarammist and in here he is an all powerul being that can have me dissapear so i will not go against his wishes .

On 07/01/2017 at 6:09 AM, A Joe in the Bush said:

Look man, Drought and Maunkos haven't gotten many chances to be eliminators, and I kind of ruined their first time for them by forgetting about edgedancers. Can't you let them win with the bondsmith? They shouldn't have to lose completely just because I was incredibly stupid.

Pleeeassee? 

You also ruined my second time being evil, sadly :P

I was looking forward to subtlety :(

Drake  

I guess Drake seems to be the bandwagon of choice. Feels kind of... anticlimactic, and definitely unfair on Drake, but... at least it's only one cycle, and 2 deaths... Drake, I hope you sign up to another game - most of them don't end up like this, as you might have guessed.

@little wilson - This was... definitely not the way I'd expected this game to turn out, and it's slightly disheartening, but I am certainly looking forward to seeing how the next iteration unfolds...

Hopefully we'll eventually get a version of this game where one or more Eliminators don't reveal and then go on to survive and win the game... That seems to be a bit of an MR10 specialty... :P