Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

Things I overheard the jumping coach say while running my distance workout:

1: If you don't do this right, if you don't do what I'm telling you, 2 things will happen. 1: You will come up  short, miss the pit, you will fall on the ground, and it will hurt like hell. 2: I will point and laugh at you. I'm just that kind of guy.

2: Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and Shin Splints. Don't exist.

I am very glad he isn't my coach.

14 hours ago, Left said:

Just got home from watching Kong Skull Island, and it was pretty sweet. Like, it's Really awesome. If you enjoy action films at all, adeventure films at all, or nostalgia pieces, go see it. 

Ooh, glad to hear that. I'm planning on going to see it tomorrow night, so good to hear that the Monsterverse is off to a better start than the DCEU.

20 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

@Deliiiiiightful I have no words. The awesomeness of this Purim costume has left me in silent awe. :lol: 

Hide contents

I SAW THAT!

but what's he even riding on, a motorised skateboard? 

Actually there was a guy who did that a couple years back (same guy?) as Aladdin on his carpet. 

40 minutes ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

I SAW THAT!

but what's he even riding on, a motorised skateboard? 

Actually there was a guy who did that a couple years back (same guy?) as Aladdin on his carpet. 

I tried to figure that out when I saw the Aladdin costume. 

Maybe he's being carried along by the magic of his incredible costume? :ph34r: 

1 hour ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I tried to figure that out when I saw the Aladdin costume. 

Maybe he's being carried along by the magic of his incredible costume? :ph34r: 

Maybe. It is the Holy Land after all. Strangers things have happened. :lol:

Theres also Jon Snow White and this woman who was on leave from army service, taking not-a-damsel-in-distress to new levels. 

Edited by Deliiiiiightful

56 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

PUBLIC ALERT: 

Honking at a girl walking her dog is Not Funny. You will scare the dog and leave the girl rattled and angry. This is not flirting. This is not cute. This is just being a cremhole. 

That is flirting in the way kicking sand in a girl's face on the playground is puppy love.

1 hour ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

PUBLIC ALERT: 

Honking at a girl walking her dog is Not Funny. You will scare the dog and leave the girl rattled and angry. This is not flirting. This is not cute. This is just being a cremhole. 

He... honked at you? He can't have been honking at you!? No sane man would dare do that! How dare he! I... I'm going to rant at my wall about the stupidity of  any man who dares honk at a female for the next hour. Then I think I'll try to post in Salem. It's been a few months...

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles, I sincerely apologize for the stupidity of those that share my gender that do such things, whom you suffer almost daily. Please, I beg you, forgive us.

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

15 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

He... honked at you? He can't have been honking at you!? No sane man would dare do that! How dare he! I... I'm going to rant at my wall about the stupidity of  any man who dares honk at a female for the next hour. Then I think I'll try to post in Salem. It's been a few months...

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles, I sincerely apologize for the stupidity of those that share my gender that do such things, whom you suffer almost daily. Please, I beg you, forgive us.

On the upside, that's the first time it's happened to me since moving here. I think the parade today might've had something to do with that—it probably drew out all the cremholes to partake in the holiday atmosphere by doing what cremholes do best, because it actually happened twice on the same walk. <_< 

Edit: I know that not all guys do that—most of the guys I've met will flirt awkwardly or just ignore me. It's a minority who choose to be cremholes, and thank you to those who choose to be decent. :) 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I went on a eight-mile hike yesterday, which I think is more than I've hiked in several years, maybe even in my whole life. So I'm proud of that. Also, the slot canyons were absolutely gorgeous, and the weather was amazing.

But now my knees, shoulders, and hips hurt like Braize. Like, it literally hurts even just getting up from a chair. <_< 

Edited by Slowswift

6 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

On the upside, that's the first time it's happened to me since moving here. I think the parade today might've had something to do with that—it probably drew out all the cremholes to partake in the holiday atmosphere by doing what cremholes do best, because it actually happened twice on the same walk. <_< 

Edit: I know that not all guys do that—most of the guys I've met will flirt awkwardly or just ignore me. It's a minority who choose to be cremholes, and thank you to those who choose to be decent. :) 

What parade?

44 minutes ago, Quiver said:

See, I thought that was what you meant. But St Patrick's day is on the 17th.

(I know that because I'm working that night shift. What joy that shall be!)

Heh. Here in NOLA I'm learning that parade-worthy holidays are stretched out over several days or even weeks. Today's parade was just the first. :P