Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

6 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

The topic's moved past this by now, but I figured y'all might be interested in this:

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg

I changed the big guy's proportions some, gave them all clothes, inked it, and colored in the skin. I'll color the rest tomorrow; my neck and wrist are both sore. (Just ignore the hands)

Nice.

On today's edition of Sunbird's Weird Brain: "You Know You're Addicted to SFF When..."

I was at work checking my library's catalogue of magazines and journals and came across two titles that seriously confused my brain: Studia Neophilologica and Organ Transplantation in France. My brain decided that they must say Studia Necrophilia and Organ Transplantation in Space. XD

7 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

The topic's moved past this by now, but I figured y'all might be interested in this:

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg

I changed the big guy's proportions some, gave them all clothes, inked it, and colored in the skin. I'll color the rest tomorrow; my neck and wrist are both sore. (Just ignore the hands)

woaah, amazing improvement! I love them! 

tumblr_olijeaP6O01vayjqko9_250.jpg @TwiLyghtSansSparkles check out this jumper.

Edited by Darkness Ascendant

2 hours ago, Sunbird said:

On today's edition of Sunbird's Weird Brain: "You Know You're Addicted to SFF When..."

I was at work checking my library's catalogue of magazines and journals and came across two titles that seriously confused my brain: Studia Neophilologica and Organ Transplantation in France. My brain decided that they must say Studia Necrophilia and Organ Transplantation in Space. XD

That's, ah... alright, ok. Cool. That's what they said. Yup. :ph34r: 

23 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Wait, what?

Are we talking about university? (I tend to confuse different parts of american education system...)

Yes, I'm talking about university.  It's pretty common here to have a lot of basic general ed requirements in the first year or two of it, and if you're going into anything remotely science or engineering-oriented, you're expected to take a lot of basics in multiple sciences to have a solid grounding in all of those concepts.  So yeah, freshman Chemistry is a requirement for a lot of STEM degrees.

3 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

Yes, I'm talking about university.  It's pretty common here to have a lot of basic general ed requirements in the first year or two of it, and if you're going into anything remotely science or engineering-oriented, you're expected to take a lot of basics in multiple sciences to have a solid grounding in all of those concepts.  So yeah, freshman Chemistry is a requirement for a lot of STEM degrees.

Huh. Here (in Poland) you mostly have courses directly relating to your field. Although to be an engineer you have to pass mathematical analysis, algebra & analitycal geometry, physics and a humanistic of your own choosing, regardless of what your field is.

Although we don't have "science" in high school - we have physics, biology, chemistry and geography separately.

Well on a dare I let my beard grow out for ten days instead of shaving. It's been terribly itchy, and a reminder of why I like being clean shaven. Here's the results. 

Spoiler

IMG_2797.JPG

Edited by Left

42 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Coworker: We're getting a new hire here in the next few weeks.

Brain: You're going to get fiiiirrreed! 

Me: But...but.... I haven't been told about any problems. 

Brain: It'll be a ~*~surprise!~*~

Me: *is friendly to person*

Brain: Well, you probably just made a million mistakes without knowing it. 

For what reason would they randomly decide to fire you?

Darn brainweasels.

6 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

For what reason would they randomly decide to fire you?

Darn brainweasels.

I don't know. I mean, I know they wouldn't really, not without a fairly long trail of attempts to change my behavior first, but the idea that I'm doing something on a regular basis that no one has told me is against the rules is in my head and I can't get it out. :/

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I don't know. I mean, I know they wouldn't really, not without a fairly long trail of attempts to change my behavior first, but the idea that I'm doing something on a regular basis that no one has told me is against the rules is in my head and I can't get it out. :/

Yeah, I know how you feel. It's like everyone is conspiring behind your back...

How well do they understand your condition? (The one with the smacking lips (can't remember name) )

1 minute ago, Orlion Determined said:

I would say your co-workers are just awful at making joking conversation.

That's the funny part: no one has mentioned me getting fired as even a remote possibility. Most of my coworkers have said they like working with me, and my last performance review went very well. So it's just my brain telling ghost stories, but storms if I don't believe them anyway. 

2 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

That's the funny part: no one has mentioned me getting fired as even a remote possibility. Most of my coworkers have said they like working with me, and my last performance review went very well. So it's just my brain telling ghost stories, but storms if I don't believe them anyway. 

Sounds like one of those things were very self conscious people always think everyone else is talking about them. 

Although, now that I have a job, I totally get where you're coming from. Here at least it's illegal to fire someone without prior warning. So, just, keep telling yourself that you're doing fine? 'Tis what I'm trying to do :/

12 hours ago, Left said:

Well on a dare I let my beard grow out for ten days instead of shaving. It's been terribly itchy, and a reminder of why I like being clean shaven. Here's the results. 

Hide contents

IMG_2797.JPG

Lookin' good! 

13 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

You know you're a geek when you see a photoset tagged #ootd and your first thought is "origin of the Daleks." :mellow: 

I did that once :ph34r:

8 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

Honor Spren presents: Screenshots I identify with on a spiritual level

Hide contents

image.pngimage.jpegimage.pngimage.jpegimage.png

Thank you.

I relate to your relation.

7 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Coworker: We're getting a new hire here in the next few weeks.

Brain: You're going to get fiiiirrreed! 

Me: But...but.... I haven't been told about any problems. 

Brain: It'll be a ~*~surprise!~*~

Me: *is friendly to person*

Brain: Well, you probably just made a million mistakes without knowing it. 

Don't sweat it, Twi. You're without a doubt the best, most nonlethal librarian in the known universe.

3 hours ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

Sounds like one of those things were very self conscious people always think everyone else is talking about them. 

Although, now that I have a job, I totally get where you're coming from. Here at least it's illegal to fire someone without prior warning. So, just, keep telling yourself that you're doing fine? 'Tis what I'm trying to do :/

5 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Don't sweat it, Twi. You're without a doubt the best, most nonlethal librarian in the known universe.

Thanks. :) I know I'm probably okay—the last time I spent an inordinate amount of time wondering if I was making a million mistakes that no one cared to tell me about, my supervisor said that he had trouble thinking of things for me to improve on—but I still can't help it.