Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

Thing I Have Learned This Weekend:

Taking my Kindle with me has made a marked change in exercise motivation.  Instead of dragging myself onto the elliptical three times a week, I am now eagerly bouncing downstairs for a 30-minute run daily.  Behold, the power of books!

2 hours ago, Zathoth said:

I am momentarily present, I might check in now and then.

Thanks ^_^

Yay, Zathoth!

1 hour ago, Zathoth said:

I'm not really around anymore, I just popped in because… reasons, but thank you!

I didn't really notice you were gone. :mellow: As in, I could have sworn you were still around. I thought I saw a post by you just the other day . . . 

*looks up post* *notices date*

. . . Never mind.

Anyway, happy birthday! One day closer to the day when your soul leaves your body and this shell that you call your whole being deteriorates into dust. Enjoy your time while it lasts!

On a completely unrelated side note, my sense of humor has been getting slightly darker lately.

Edited by The Honor Spren

1 hour ago, The Honor Spren said:

I didn't really notice you were gone. :mellow: As in, I could have sworn you were still around. I thought I saw a post by you just the other day . . . 

*looks up post* *notices date*

. . . Never mind.

Anyway, happy birthday! One day closer to the day when your soul leaves your body and this shell that you call your whole being deteriorates into dust. Enjoy your time while it lasts!

On a completely unrelated side note, my sense of humor has been getting slightly darker lately.

Crack theory: void spren are dark Honor Spren :ph34r:

59 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

General Stormlight spoilers: 

Hide contents

Okay, think about Kaladin. Specifically, his grief over losing Tien and so many of his friends. 

Now listen to this song. 

Speaking of Stormlight, in tomodatchi life (the Nintendo version of sims) my brother made miis of Shallan and Kaladin. 

They got married. #ShaladinConfirmed

Edited by The Honor Spren

40 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1kgyhu.jpg

Seriously. Shallan/Adolin is a good match. So is Shallan/Kaladin. I just want to get Pattern's running commentary on every stage of the relationship. :ph34r: 

In that case, there's a clear winning ship after all. Which would be more fun,Pattergiving running commentary or him and Syl giving commentary. :ph34r: 

4 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

In that case, there's a clear winning ship after all. Which would be more fun,Pattergiving running commentary or him and Syl giving commentary. :ph34r: 

Of course, I'd argue that they could do it regardless of who Shallan ends up with. If it's Kaladin, then part of their commentary is dedicated to whether or not they'll get strange looks from the other spren back in Shadesmar. If it's Adolin, then part of their commentary involves them remarking on Kaladin's famously sour face whenever he hears the word "wedding." :P 

7 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

General Stormlight spoilers: 

Hide contents

Okay, think about Kaladin. Specifically, his grief over losing Tien and so many of his friends. 

Now listen to this song. 

Good to know there's some emotion in me

And @The Honor Spren Darker the humour, the better.

Just now, Nashan'Elin said:

Me too. Those are fun, but better suited for another thread, no?

Are they fun? Are they really? People tend to get rather, ah, up-in-arms about our dear Shallan and her prospective love interests. :ph34r:

Spoiler

But I am still strongly opposed to Shaladin.

I've never really been all that into shipping. I mean, there are certain pairings I like, and some I prefer over others—for instance, I like Shadolin better than Shaladin—but if Shaladin wins over Shadolin, it won't ruin the series for me? I'll be disappointed, but I'll still be interested in how the Shaladin ship develops. 

17 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I've never really been all that into shipping. I mean, there are certain pairings I like, and some I prefer over others—for instance, I like Shadolin better than Shaladin—but if Shaladin wins over Shadolin, it won't ruin the series for me? I'll be disappointed, but I'll still be interested in how the Shaladin ship develops. 

I suppose that statement is true as long as no zombie caribou are involved. :ph34r:

20 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Lectures at 7:30 am are an abomination.

I'll see your 7:30 lecture and raise you 7:30 college freshman chem lab.  Yes, someone thought this was a good idea to throw a bunch of sleepy college freshmen into a class module that involves playing with volatile chemicals under the tutelage of an elderly professor whose speech pattern was a cross between that of Elmer Fudd and Porky Pig.

It's a wonder that the Chemical Engineering building on that campus is still standing.

16 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:
  Hide contents

1kgyhu.jpg

Seriously. Shallan/Adolin is a good match. So is Shallan/Kaladin. I just want to get Pattern's running commentary on every stage of the relationship. :ph34r: 

I still say that Shallan/Adolin/Kaladin should all hook up into a stable triad and live happily ever after.

#EndTheShippingWars