Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

2 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Misty's back! 

Heyo!

Honestly, I don't know why I've been gone for so long. I wish I had a good excuse. I've been eating too many brownies and obsessing over my new euphonium, I s'pose.

Ah, I've missed you guys. Group hug!

Edited by Mistrunner

10 hours ago, Mistrunner said:

Heyo!

Honestly, I don't know why I've been gone for so long. I wish I had a good excuse. I've been eating too many brownies and obsessing over my new euphonium, I s'pose.

Ah, I've missed you guys. Group hug!

Hiiii!

9 hours ago, Mistrunner said:

I very nearly went with this as my new profile picture.

Image result for kirk spock santa hats

They look quite dashing, don't they?

*Obligatory Leonard was Jewish comment* 

Eldest Niece's 9th birthday party was last night.  My BIL and SIL have always been really, really good about making her birthday separate from Christmas and keeping her from getting shortchanged over the deal.  She got some good stuff.  She liked the R2-D2 watch we got her, as well as the unicorn skeleton leggings.  But the Canned Unicorn Meat brought peals of laughter to the entire room, and when she opened the tin and the little pieces of dismembered plush unicorn came tumbling out...

Yeah, she carried that thing around, opened it up, arranged the unicorn into a reassembly pattern, put it back in again.  Several times.  It was her favorite gift.

We won Birthday.  :D

6 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Eldest Niece's 9th birthday party was last night.  My BIL and SIL have always been really, really good about making her birthday separate from Christmas and keeping her from getting shortchanged over the deal.  She got some good stuff.  She liked the R2-D2 watch we got her, as well as the unicorn skeleton leggings.  But the Canned Unicorn Meat brought peals of laughter to the entire room, and when she opened the tin and the little pieces of dismembered plush unicorn came tumbling out...

Yeah, she carried that thing around, opened it up, arranged the unicorn into a reassembly pattern, put it back in again.  Several times.  It was her favorite gift.

We won Birthday.  :D

That's so cute, Kay!

If there's one thing I've learned in almost fifteen years, it's that going to sleep at 3 AM really gives you motive to not get out of bed until noon.

1 minute ago, Orlion Determined said:

*obligatory snark about how we all die alone and will be forgotten, so you might as well get some jalapeno poppers from Arby's*

In my case, at least, that would qualify as a Poor Life Decision.  Jalapeno hurts.

3 minutes ago, Orlion Determined said:

Then fill the void of meaning in your being with a Beef and Cheddar sandwich from Arby's!

Thus triggering my lactose intolerance.  And fast food in general often disagrees with my lack of a gallbladder.

And don't even get me started on my joints.

(I'd make a complaint about aging, but many of the things wrong with me have nothing to do with age. :P)

And now, a word from our sponsor. McDonald's wants to remind you that the most important meal of the day is breakfast. So why would you let a morning go by without staring deeply into the mirror until you no longer recognize the face staring back at you, mimicking your every gesture, mocking your every movement? How else will you get the energy you need for a full day's work or recreation if you aren't silently screaming into the visage of a man or woman who gives you such uneasy spirit, such unshakeable terror, a queasy feeling every time you make the connection between what that thing is and what you are becoming? What you have become? Where does the void end? Where do you end? When do you end? What time is it now? You are late for work! You are lying on your bathroom floor, half-dressed in a cool sludge of toothpaste and hair gel. You've been crying, but for how long?

McDonald's. I'm lovin'!

Edited by bleeder

@Mistrunner! I've mist you! *ba dum tiss* Glad you're back. :D Here is a comic for you. I found it relatable, so maybe you will too:

Spoiler

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.png

15 minutes ago, bleeder said:

And now, a word from our sponsor. McDonald's wants to remind you that the most important meal of the day is breakfast. So why would you let a morning go by without staring deeply into the mirror until you no longer recognize the face staring back at you, mimicking your every gesture, mocking your every movement? How else will you get the energy you need for a full day's work or recreation if you aren't silently screaming into the visage of a man or woman who gives you such uneasy spirit, such unshakeable terror, a queasy feeling every time you make the connection between what that thing is and what you are becoming? What you have become? Where does the void end? Where do you end? When do you end? What time is it now? You are late for work! You are lying on your bathroom floor, half-dressed in a cool sludge of toothpaste and hair gel. You've been crying, but for how long?

McDonald's. I'm lovin'!

What episode of Night Vale is that from? :mellow:

2 hours ago, Mistrunner said:

image-24504-full.jpg?1291239376How's that?

(also I love your profile pic it's fabulous)

So much awesomeness to reply to!

yay! And thank you!

1 hour ago, ThirdGen said:

*obligatory note that nobody notices the same of Bill and that he will not have nearly the outpouring of tributes Leonard did*

I.....don't know who Bill is. I haven't seen Star Trek. I just know about Leonard because his hand thing is a holy symbol thing Kohens do when blessing people and he was a kohen  and there's some debate about if ite good that he made it popular  

1 hour ago, Orlion Determined said:

*obligatory snark about how we all die alone and will be forgotten, so you might as well get some jalapeno poppers from Arby's*

Huh  I was expecting that comment to be from Morzathoth :P

1 hour ago, Orlion Determined said:

Then fill the void of meaning in your being with a Beef and Cheddar sandwich from Arby's!

But that's not kosher! :P

53 minutes ago, bleeder said:

McDonald's. I'm lovin'!

I may have spent like an hour getting dressed today because I was simultaneously singing/performing Hamilton. I woke up late and it was like lunchtime before I had breakfast. Totally worth it :D

11 minutes ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

I may have spent like an hour getting dressed today because I was simultaneously singing/performing Hamilton. I woke up late and it was like lunchtime before I had breakfast. Totally worth it :D

I should rewrite Hamilton songs as Cosmere parodies.

24 minutes ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

I.....don't know who Bill is. I haven't seen Star Trek. I just know about Leonard because his hand thing is a holy symbol thing Kohens do when blessing people and he was a kohen  and there's some debate about if ite good that he made it popular  

I assume this is referring to means William Shatner, the actor who played Kirk, who was also Jewish. Though, to be fair, Spock would no doubt find wearing a red cap like that to be 'highly illogical'.

6 minutes ago, Orlion Determined said:

Morzathoth wishes he could dive to the nihilist depths I have achieved! ;)

I do believe that you and one of my close friends would get along very well.

He's 14 and a dedicated nihilist (or, as dedicated as one can be to something with ultimately no meaning)

On 21.12.2016 at 6:50 PM, Chasmfiend said:

Guren no Yumiya or the other one?

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger!

No. I'm sorry. I meant:

SIE SIND DAS ESSEN UND WIR SIND DIE JÄGER!

Spoiler

It's Guren no Yumiya.

For those interested, it means "They are the food and we are the hunters". I never thought my German speaking skill would come in handy while translating anime opening...