Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

Just now, Nashan'Elin said:

I thought with the new update to the website, threads can now go as long as we want. Wasn't the reason this one was created was someone had a dream about a random stuff thread that was named something weird? And then bleeder made this one?

Yes, that's accurate. It was Del that had the dream, so I jumped at the chance. And now here we are.

Just now, bleeder said:

It's been weird. It exists on this site. It was weird from the start, my dude.

But the title implies a next level of weirdness. Weirdness squared. Weirdness beyond weirdness.

I just want Cosmere!Cthulhu to be summoned and melt my brain. Is that so wrong? :P

I think that since we have the title for the next Star Wars film we can name the next one, Random Stuff XI: The Last WaffleMaker. ( Or ghostblood, Awakener, etc, Wafflemaker just seemed the next logical step from Admin and Moderator)

4 minutes ago, Left said:

I think that since we have the title for the next Star Wars film we can name the next one, Random Stuff XI: The Last WaffleMaker. ( Or ghostblood, Awakener, etc, Wafflemaker just seemed the next logical step from Admin and Moderator)

... see,now I'm picturing the Last Moderator, a Clint Eastwood type wandering the Internet, putting down trolls, spam bots and flame wars with a swing of his banhammer.

Naturally, he'd look in at the Shard, nod with approval, and mosey on his way.

1 minute ago, Left said:

Nah, it had to be The Last Admins. It was always about admins, not mods or wafffle makers :P

I've found a challenge for myself.  I'm gonna give myself a nicely animated profile picture. We lack animations on the Shard :P

19 minutes ago, Quiver said:

... see,now I'm picturing the Last Moderator, a Clint Eastwood type wandering the Internet, putting down trolls, spam bots and flame wars with a swing of his banhammer.

Naturally, he'd look in at the Shard, nod with approval, and mosey on his way.

But the Last Moderator is me.

No, really!  I'm the last (e.g. most recent) person on the Shard who was promoted to mod...

On 20/02/2017 at 1:45 PM, A Budgie said:

Not quite. 'The same thing that happened in oregon' works better, or perhaps 'the same thing as what happened in oregon.'

On 20/02/2017 at 3:55 PM, Oversleep said:

Jackpot.

I wanted to preserve the name "what happened in oregon" and incorporate  it in the sentence. Now it works.

It's not really a proper sentence but it works in line with understandably breaking the rules, if that makes sense. 

2 hours ago, Nashan'Elin said:

I thought with the new update to the website, threads can now go as long as we want. Wasn't the reason this one was created was someone had a dream about a random stuff thread that was named something weird? And then bleeder made this one?

That would be me XD

2 hours ago, Left said:

Only if it's the Last Scadrian Wafflemaker. 

1 hour ago, Quiver said:

Random Stuff XI: Kaymyth Is A Jedi?

Her cat is Leia. Kaymyth already is a Jedi :P 

phone didn't quote but @TwiLyghtSansSparkles We usually call that "Jewish cooking" Or "cooking like [my great grandmother]" but I think perhaps it's more general than that. :P 

2 hours ago, Quiver said:

Random Stuff XI: Kaymyth Is A Jedi?

I would not dispute this.

34 minutes ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

It's not really a proper sentence but it works in line with understandably breaking the rules, if that makes sense. 

That would be me XD

Only if it's the Last Scadrian Wafflemaker. 

Her cat is Leia. Kaymyth already is a Jedi :P 

phone didn't quote but @TwiLyghtSansSparkles We usually call that "Jewish cooking" Or "cooking like [my great grandmother]" but I think perhaps it's more general than that. :P 

Point of order: Leia is a dachshund.  Though I'm fairly certain she thinks she's a cat, she is most definitely a dog.

2 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

I would not dispute this.

Point of order: Leia is a dachshund.  Though I'm fairly certain she thinks she's a cat, she is most definitely a dog.

A dog that views itself as a cat? I've seen a chicken that thought it was a duck, but that's a new one

32 minutes ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

Oops XD

No offence Leia please don't shoot me. :P

Y'all are silly.

29 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

A dog that views itself as a cat? I've seen a chicken that thought it was a duck, but that's a new one

I blame a fellow I dated briefly back when she was a young pup.  He kept referring to her as "KITTY!"  I think it gave her an identity complex.

Also, other dogs are things to be feared and distrusted, but cats are potential BFFs.  And I must say, you've never truly seen a feline expression of ultimate disgust until you've witnessed a dachshund enthusiastically lick a cat on the face.

59 minutes ago, Nashan'Elin said:

Have any of you ever looked at a couple sentences in one glance, and read something totally weird out of it? I just got "Here comes a fuzzy lizard" from 4 or 5 youtube video titles that I glanced at and I have no idea how. 

Sometimes I do this with single sentences or a word in a sentence: like I saw a sign that said 'driveway ahead' and I read it as 'dragons ahead' for some reason.

1 hour ago, Nashan'Elin said:

Have any of you ever looked at a couple sentences in one glance, and read something totally weird out of it? I just got "Here comes a fuzzy lizard" from 4 or 5 youtube video titles that I glanced at and I have no idea how. 

Nope, but I'd like to see a video of incoming fuzzy lizard :P

9 minutes ago, Quiver said:

...Would any musicians here mind if I PM them about stuff?

I'm trying to create a setting based on music, and having a bit of difficult researching it; was wondering if people would mind me asking them questions directly. 

Do you need like technique and music theory stuff? There are some things I can help with ( I'm a pianist) but there's plenty I don't know.