Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

1 minute ago, Quiver said:

Honestly, between the fact that we got a live action Cinderella last year and a live action Mulan coming out, my only hope for this film is that it ends with Nick Fury introducing the Princess initiative. :ph34r:

#DisneyPrincessCinematicUniverse

We all ready have that, it's called Once Upon a Time ;)

12 minutes ago, Quiver said:

Honestly, between the fact that we got a live action Cinderella last year and a live action Mulan coming out, my only hope for this film is that it ends with Nick Fury introducing the Princess initiative. :ph34r:

@Quiver is Best Pony.

I can see again!

I was at an oculist today (after almost four years - when i should visit every year or so...) and I had drops put into my eyes and my pupils got super large and I had trouble seeing clearly things that were less than a meter from me.

Funny story: few years ago, after a visit I went to school and one of my teachers tried to ask me very carefully why are my pupils so large :D

6 hours ago, Quiver said:

SO. MUCH. YES.

Quiv you have the best ideas. 

1 hour ago, A Budgie said:

My school does student notices, which tell you all the notices for that day (like clubs, meetings, etc.). One of my friends had some fun...and I helped. Just read it.
If it works.

STUDENT NOTICES2.docx

So many people are going to be confused at the Sanderson references. I give this student a shardblade/10

@A Budgie That's hilarious! Now I'm imagining those announcements being read over the intercom in the SHIELD helicarrier in the Lego Marvel Heroes game... There's some pretty silly shenanigans going on there too. XD

Also, I'm betting at least some of you have witnessed the Trash Dove phenomenon that's taking over Facebook right now...

Trash Dove Headbang Gif.gifTrash Dove Pizza.png

I decided it had meme potential, and so this was born:

Alfred Hitchcock The Birds Trash Doves.jpg

43 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

I decided it had meme potential, and so this was born:

Alfred Hitchcock The Birds Trash Doves.jpg

I haven't seen the phenonemon, but any version of a horror movie where the object of horror is replaced by something amusing is immeadiately hilarious.
Like the Curse of the Were-Rabbit, if anyone's seen that.

4 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

I haven't seen the phenonemon, but any version of a horror movie where the object of horror is replaced by something amusing is immeadiately hilarious.
Like the Curse of the Were-Rabbit, if anyone's seen that.

Heh, yeah, I've seen that one. XD The puns in that movie crack me up!

Alright, @A Budgie, I'm gonna do it in parts. 

I stumbled a bit, but here is part one.

Part I

https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/mhiyeafl6cyea7q7

Also, I sound a bit congested, as I may be getting a tad bit sick.

Part II

https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/8bnv8ypadyt2gbuy

Part III

https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/cflhuqjvoopo4wmn

Part IV (the weather)

https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/c97pmeplzbk2acb8

Part V

https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/m0ffslmk4958vna0

Alright, finished! It was fun, thanks.

Edited by bleeder

Good lord. Marvel, you exhaust me.

Okay, so. For those unfamiliar with comic terms, there is a thing called "event comics". Think of them as the equivalent of the Summer blockbuster; a big storyline that usually has it's own, dedicated series separate from the main books, while still impacting them. Typically, an event comic signals a huge shift in the status quo (at least temporarily) and tends to involve at least one hero being killed off to raise the narrative stakes.

They also tend to spike sales, so Marvel and DC are incentives to do lots of event comics. The fact that this dilutes the impact of the event is an irony that is lost on the marketing department.

...but damnation. Marvel is really taking it too far this time.

See, due to the need to advertise,hype and market, events are built up way in advance. In fact, a cryptic title and teaser dropped today for "Summer 2017", labelled "Generations".

Why has this induced a sigh of frustration from me, you may ask? Well.

Firstly, Marvel only finished it's last Summer event last month. Civil War II was created to bank on the hype of the then released Captain America: Civil War movie. Schedule slip meant the bloated, nine issue series only ended around January.

Barely had Civil War II finished when Monsters Unleashed began, a book pitting the heroes of the divided MCU against the kaiju of the MCU. 

In the background, Spider-man has an event comic which just wrapped up, called 'The Clone Conspiracy'. And the X-Men and the Inhumans are currently engaged in 'Inhumans vs X-Men'.

And we know the Secret Empire us dropping early this year; thats story where Cap is ousted as an Agent of Hydra.

Then we have Generations dropping. 

I mean...good lord Marvel. Have you ever heard of breathing space? I kind of suspect Generations might be a line rebranding, alá the similarly themed Resurrexion relaunch, but still. The amount of stuff they just throw at us right now is absurd, and supports my belief that they are flailing desperately for direction.

Edited by Quiver