Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

13 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/l/t1.0-9/16729502_415677555435656_5109651073273284969_n.jpg?oh=eb430dffa4f61030c3edaf774bbdf0b4&oe=5907E79E

Perfect State cover :ph34r:

Looks less like a Sanderson, and more like generic pulp sci fi...'a huge robot has landed in [probably some American state], and is threatening to kill everyone/unless a deadly virus/destroy the city/make bad puns unless the inhabitants do something!'

Also

Ah, Brightness Shallan, what a lovely dress you are wearing...very flattering...really brings out your eyes...you look positively radient...

potatooo.PNG

8 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

I have digital valentines for all of you! There's no way to label them so you can just . . . mentally claim one for yourself. I guess.

Hide contents

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.png

This has been valentines. Thank you.

No, thank you

I call the one that says "please" and nothing else of note. Thanks.

21 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:

I have digital valentines for all of you! There's no way to label them so you can just . . . mentally claim one for yourself. I guess.

Hide contents

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.png

This has been valentines. Thank you.

I'm calling dibs on hamilton then. surprise surprise......though grunkle stan woulda been my first choice of these tbh

Talking about valentines, I feel you all would appreciate this... (by the way, yesterday was the fourteenth for us)
So, one of the boys in our group and is single decided to show off this fact with his waterbottle. What was his bottle, you may ask? An empty bottle of extra virgin olive oil.

10 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

Talking about valentines, I feel you all would appreciate this... (by the way, yesterday was the fourteenth for us)
So, one of the boys in our group and is single decided to show off this fact with his waterbottle. What was his bottle, you may ask? An empty bottle of extra virgin olive oil.

*very slow applause*

16 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

I like this kid

So I saw that Josh Groban did a song for the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack. My initial thought of "Oh, that's nice" gave way to wondering which artists would be exactly wrong to write a song for that movie. Immediately, I thought of My Chemical Romance*. 

But then I thought about it for half a second more. 

And I realized that MCR would be exactly wrong to do a single song for the soundtrack….because if anything, they should do the entire soundtrack. 

Think about it: Their best work delves into the darker sides of the human experience and human nature. Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge is all about anger toward an unjust world. The Black Parade is about fear of death and the pain of remorse. Although the more unsavory subtexts of the tale are glossed over in Disney and Disneyfied retellings to make it palatable for children, if Belle's anger toward the Beast for terrorizing her father and upending her life, and the Beast's pain and self-loathing were explored in full, that could make for an excellent adult-oriented reimagining of the story. 

Imagine it: not a sweet fairy tale, but a sad, dark, ultimately hopeful story of two broken people coming together and making each other better and more decent. 

Now imagine it set to an intense prog rock score, complete with Gerard Way belting out lyrics about the beast in the mirror. 

I know. I want it too. 

*Yes, I know MCR broke up four years ago. Let me have my dreams.

13 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

So I saw that Josh Groban did a song for the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack. My initial thought of "Oh, that's nice" gave way to wondering which artists would be exactly wrong to write a song for that movie. Immediately, I thought of My Chemical Romance*. 

But then I thought about it for half a second more. 

And I realized that MCR would be exactly wrong to do a single song for the soundtrack….because if anything, they should do the entire soundtrack. 

Think about it: Their best work delves into the darker sides of the human experience and human nature. Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge is all about anger toward an unjust world. The Black Parade is about fear of death and the pain of remorse. Although the more unsavory subtexts of the tale are glossed over in Disney and Disneyfied retellings to make it palatable for children, if Belle's anger toward the Beast for terrorizing her father and upending her life, and the Beast's pain and self-loathing were explored in full, that could make for an excellent adult-oriented reimagining of the story. 

Imagine it: not a sweet fairy tale, but a sad, dark, ultimately hopeful story of two broken people coming together and making each other better and more decent. 

Now imagine it set to an intense prog rock score, complete with Gerard Way belting out lyrics about the beast in the mirror. 

I know. I want it too. 

*Yes, I know MCR broke up four years ago. Let me have my dreams.

Honestly, between the fact that we got a live action Cinderella last year and a live action Mulan coming out, my only hope for this film is that it ends with Nick Fury introducing the Princess initiative. :ph34r:

#DisneyPrincessCinematicUniverse