Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

What.

I was just going through old photos on my phone and deleting some that no longer have any relevance, and found a photo of a goose in the water next to the Statue of Liberty from when my high school marching band took a trip there...

brant_7189_np.jpg

(This is a photo from Google, not mine, just for ease of uploading.)

Looks kinda like a regular Canada Goose at first glance, right? It's called a Brant, and I'm like 95% sure that trip to New York was the only time I've ever seen one. And I had completely forgotten about it until I came across the picture in my phone! XD Surprise life bird!

@Silverblade5 I think that's a very well written essay, especially considering that the prompt was rather vague. Your ideas flowed logically from one thought to the next: I liked how after introducing your chosen angle, you talked first about people who accepted technology in both empires, and then about those who rejected it.

I think the last sentence of the 2nd paragraph ("Because this history was government sponsored, it had to have had a positive reception") could possibly be a little clearer. The way it's currently worded, I kinda got the impression that it was impossible for the government to do anything that displeased the people simply because they were the government, but I have a hunch that you probably meant that the report had to put a positive spin on things in order to please the government who commissioned it.

IMO the essay definitely shows that you are a skilled and thoughtful writer who can read between the lines and make deductions from the subcontext. Well done!

18 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

@Silverblade5 I think that's a very well written essay, especially considering that the prompt was rather vague. Your ideas flowed logically from one thought to the next: I liked how after introducing your chosen angle, you talked first about people who accepted technology in both empires, and then about those who rejected it.

I think the last sentence of the 2nd paragraph ("Because this history was government sponsored, it had to have had a positive reception") could possibly be a little clearer. The way it's currently worded, I kinda got the impression that it was impossible for the government to do anything that displeased the people simply because they were the government, but I have a hunch that you probably meant that the report had to put a positive spin on things in order to please the government who commissioned it.

IMO the essay definitely shows that you are a skilled and thoughtful writer who can read between the lines and make deductions from the subcontext. Well done!

Thanks! What were some other problems you saw? How well did I integrate the documents? How well did I provide context and POV for said documents? How was my synthesis? What was wrong with the conclusion? Tell me everything that was wrong with it.

Edited by Silverblade5