Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

40 minutes ago, Quiver said:

Peter Capauldi is stepping down as the Doctor.

I'm...not surprised, honestly. I think I've mentioned it elsewhere, but the show never really nailed the Twelfth Doctor the way they did the Eleventh or Tenth.

A part of that, I think, has to be aid at the writing, which has been a lot less consistent these part two years. I appreciate them experimenting with tone and trying to do things differently...but they never really established anything as the status quo to make those stand out. 

A shame. I really wanted to like Twelve.:(

Oh, boy. This means we're going to get another transition on the level of Tennant -> Smith, where both the showrunner and the Doctor are retiring simultaneously... Let's hope this one is a little less jarring.

1 hour ago, Quiver said:

I'm...not surprised, honestly. I think I've mentioned it elsewhere, but the show never really nailed the Twelfth Doctor the way they did the Eleventh or Tenth.

A part of that, I think, has to be aid at the writing, which has been a lot less consistent these part two years. I appreciate them experimenting with tone and trying to do things differently...but they never really established anything as the status quo to make those stand out. 

I loved Twelve, and I'm sad to see him go. :(

Three seasons is about standard, though. At least he lasted longer than Nine. :P 

2 hours ago, Quiver said:

I quite liked Twelve, personally. Oh well, new experiences 'n' all.

6 hours ago, Quiver said:

So, the only episodes I've watched of Doctor Who are from the Tenth Doctor because, for some reason, Disney aired them on the Disney XD channel, and I just happened to be watching at the time. I have no idea where I should start watching it, but I really want to. Any suggestions?

10 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

So, the only episodes I've watched of Doctor Who are from the Tenth Doctor because, for some reason, Disney aired them on the Disney XD channel, and I just happened to be watching at the time. I have no idea where I should start watching it, but I really want to. Any suggestions?

I started at the beginning of NuWho, which is as good of a place as any. (Meaning I started with Series 1, which aired in 2005, as opposed to Season 1, which aired in 1963.)

1 minute ago, Exalted Dungeon Master said:

I started at the beginning of NuWho, which is as good of a place as any. (Meaning I started with Series 1, which aired in 2005, as opposed to Season 1, which aired in 1963.)

Thank you. I'll find a way to watch it it some day. 

27 minutes ago, Exalted Dungeon Master said:

That's how I started too, and it's a method I'd recommend @StrikerEZ. If you're not already invested in the show, some of the Classic Who episodes come off boring or cheesy. (Please take this statement with a grain of salt; I've only watched a few eps of Classic Who.) And you definitely want to watch the stuff since the 2005 reboot in the order it was aired because there are plenty of references to earlier episodes. If you just started with David Tennant and skipped Christopher Eccleston (or started with Matt Smith and skipped Eccleston and Tennant), you'd miss some fun inside jokes. ("Are you my mummy?" for example.)

So I haven't written anything in ages. And wrote this today

Spoiler

Waiting.

It’s been years since your soulmate departed. Decades since the separation. How old are you now? 80? 30 years since you saw her beautiful face. Before the world got in between you two.

For 20 years you haven’t seen each other. But you know she’s waiting for you. You remember the first time you met her, how you made a fool of yourself in front of everyone, her kind understanding, your foolish desperation. But ultimately she pushed you away. You remember your anger, your stupidity. Why did you do it? But was it you who had-

You pursued her for a decade almost, at first it was a game. Cat and mouse. You were Tom, she, Jerry. But then the game changed. You both got older, the rules changed. She always seemed to ignore you during that time. You sunk into depression. You felt unloved, unwanted. The question kept haunting you. What happened? What changed?

Why? WHY?

The sadness and confusion paved the way to anger. You loved her, yet you hated her. Then the fatal hour struck. There you were, walking down the same way to the local bar. Then you saw her, but something was different this time. She was holding the hand of another, the pretender. He took your place. This smoldering anger of yours flared intensely during that moment. You don’t remember what happened next. You had gotten seriously drunk at the bar. It was cold, or was that how you felt? A flash of determination. Snippets, snippets, snippets. Emotions, Thoughts, Flesh, Bone. Reality.

Now all you remember was waking up the next day, feeling oddly detached. You're not sure what had happened.

Flash forward two years. You hadn’t seen her during that time. She had become reclusive. You had sunken into a strange monotony. Wake up. Work. Drink. Sleep. Each night you died, only to be resurrected the next day. And for what? So you could trudge through endless monotony?

You saw her for the first time in two years on a Sunday afternoon. That day you had decided to try out a different bar, an attempt to break the monotony?

And there she was leaning over a table, a tequila on the table in front of her, fallen to it’s side, liquid pooling around it. She had her head on the table. You remember going to her, putting your arm across her shoulder, asking her what was wrong, consoling her.

The next few months were a whirl. You both fell to each other, clutching to each other, desperately trying to float in a sea of madness. Then you proposed. You remember the time fondly, it was a year since you found your way to her again. A year since you both managed to stitch the tears in the tapestry of life. It was like another life. Nothing had ever happened before, you were finally living. She said yes, and within a week you moved in together. The wedding occurred the week later. All formalities were thrown away. It was you, her and the priest. He pronounced you wed, and you cannot remember a`time you had been happier.

Another two years passed in happiness. But then one night she came to you and whispered in your ear.

“It was you wasn’t it?”

You remember the confusion what did she mean? But you never got the chance to ask did you? She had left the house. You searched for her for three days straight. The Police got involved, you didn’t eat, didn’t sleep, didn’t drink save for when the concerned police drugged you and made you do so.

They found her dead in an alley the next morning. You were devastated, shattered. And yet you persevered. You decided to live for the both of you. She would continue through you, alive in your soul.

You wake up. Today was the day, he could feel it. For the past few years you had felt it in your bones. The creaks, aches, the pain of living at such an age. Then you got diagnosed with a stage 4 spinal tumour.

A blinding light, slowly dimming as you adjust yourself. The sterile white room greets you. You smile and watch the heart rate monitor to your left beat steadily. A nurse walks in bearing breakfast, you ignore her. You knew today was the day. The nurse walks out irritated.

A few moments later she returns with a doctor and a syringe. But it’s too late. Finally, you would see your beloved again. And explain everything to her.

Beep. Beep. Beeeeeeeeep.

Feedback/Criticism would be appreciated.

:)

15 minutes ago, Deliiiiiightful said:

How long did nine last for?

i remember there being some noise about the next doctor being a woman....any idea if that's likely?

One season. 

No idea. I'd love to see it, and I know a percentage of the fan base is clamoring for  it, but I don't know how likely it is.