Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

Got a weird waiting list right now:

1. Waiting on a replacement 5-disc DVD case

2. Waiting on a missing Lego piece that's currently out of stock

3. Finding out one of the DVDs my sister bought me on Amazon I already owned and trying to figure out how the heck we're supposed to return it. They give gift receipts but when I tried it only took me to orders I've made and customer support says she needs to do the return itself because she was the one to buy it. Not very convenient the way they claim, especially since we live in different states. I'm waiting on her to see what the deal is when she gets home.

There's a fanfic idea I've been considering for a while now. A crossover between the Cosmere and a... certain anime:

Sailor Sel, Sailor Scadrial, Sailor Natlhis, Sailor Roshar and Sailor Taldain team up to save the Cosmere from Odium.

"In the name of the moon, I shall punish you!"
"Wait, which moon, between us we've got, like, twelve of them."
"See? Told you we should have gone with the Sentai/Kamen Rider theme..."
"Shut up, Nalthis."

5 hours ago, Quiver said:

There's a fanfic idea I've been considering for a while now. A crossover between the Cosmere and a... certain anime:

Hide contents

Sailor Sel, Sailor Scadrial, Sailor Natlhis, Sailor Roshar and Sailor Taldain team up to save the Cosmere from Odium.

"Shut up, Nalthis."

Sel: "Wait, what's a moon?"

xD

7 hours ago, Quiver said:

Hide contents

"Shut up, Nalthis."

YES. Please write this. 

4 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

Sel: "Wait, what's a moon?"

xD

Did you mean: Scadrial

9 hours ago, Quiver said:

"Shut up, Nalthis."

But Nalthis already has Five Power Rangers Scholars...

Edited by Oversleep

10 hours ago, Quiver said:

Reveal hidden contents

"Shut up, Nalthis."

I'm currently imagining Sailor Roshar looking just like in the original series, but she has a long sleeve so her safehand is covered (she's not a heathen, unlike the others). Maybe even a magic safehand pouch, like those magic bags that can fit inexplicably large things in them, but it's a pouch...well, I am having a lot of fun with this idea.
Would this make the cloaked dude with the mask whose purpose I can't at all remember Hoid?

Slowswift Derp #I-stopped-counting-a-long-time-ago:

So a few months ago I shelled out, like, an entire paycheck for new headphones. And good gravy they are amazing. But recently I noticed that the sound was off a bit. Not quite as much oomph as I remembered, and the volume was slightly lower in the left ear than in the right.

Naturally, the thought of my near brand-new headphones wearing out already... peeved me. (Especially considering my last pair fell completely apart in about a year of, admittedly, rather heavy use.) So I decide to put on Mono Audio to see if it's a problem with the speakers or my ears.

It... it was already on. :mellow: I had been listening to crappy audio quality without even knowing it for who knows how long. I promptly turned it off and it was like a choir of angels had staged a concert in my ears. :P 

Edited by Slowswift

14 hours ago, Oversleep said:

Did you mean: Scadrial

But Nalthis already has Five Power Rangers Scholars...

Which is why she was the one to reference the idea :ph34r: There's precedent on Nalthis, which is why she was all like "No, seriously guys, trust me on this one, spandex."
But she got out-voted. 

13 hours ago, A Budgie said:

I'm currently imagining Sailor Roshar looking just like in the original series, but she has a long sleeve so her safehand is covered (she's not a heathen, unlike the others). Maybe even a magic safehand pouch, like those magic bags that can fit inexplicably large things in them, but it's a pouch...well, I am having a lot of fun with this idea.
Would this make the cloaked dude with the mask whose purpose I can't at all remember Hoid?

Hey, if you throw some fan art designs of these characters, it'll only make me more and more likely to carry through and actually write this :ph34r: 
(Also, because I'm nit-picky... the dude in the mask was Tuxedo Mask. I saw him referred to as 'Tuxedo Kamen', btu I'm not sure if that's a "proper" name, or anime fans trying to get some 'street cred' by insisting on using the "real" names only. His purpose was... uh... well, he sure was a love interest.)

(I've actually been re-reading some Sailor Moon stuff likely, since I have some nostalgia for it from childhood, so I DO have an actual, proper answer, just don't want to derail the thread with my ramblings. Moreso, I mean.)

1 hour ago, Quiver said:

Hey, if you throw some fan art designs of these characters, it'll only make me more and more likely to carry through and actually write this :ph34r: 

Im on it.

edit: and here goes 

IMG_3088.JPG

Edited by Del-light-full
Somebody like me I need validation eep.

@A Budgie @Del-light-full

I am not entirely sure how to feel about this. 

On the one hand, this is cool artwork, and yay, I inspired some art with a dumb random joke!
...on the other hand, I think the implicit part of this arrangement was that I'd write fanfic for this joke if there WAS art, so. Uh. Damnation.

I'll.. start seeing if I can figure out some stuff then for actual writing :P 

Well, I've long since left that really bad wheel of time rp group but

A few days ago the really bad admin gave me a deviantart core membership for my birthday.

As much as I love free stuff, I seriously wish they would leave me alone, as its obvious I'm never coming back to their website anyway. :/