Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

I just saw that the next book in The Expanse series (Persepolis Rising) is coming out next week. This is my favorite Science Fiction series so that's kind of exciting. I noticed that it had December 5,  up for a while now on amazon, but the author never confirmed it and I had been hearing no buzz. I just discovered these wonderful books in January of this year so I probably hold off buying this one right away and do a full reread next year to prepare for book 8 (they have been really good about releasing one book per year). Anyways just thought I would pass this information along!

17 minutes ago, Ookla the Tremendous said:

Was scrolling through some old chat and found this. I'm so befuddled. :huh: 

@Argent, @Chaos... I'm still here. I'm just not active in the same parts of the forums you guys are. :P 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2017-11-30-11-15-35.png

I can even still hear Sharder's voice sometimes... 

Spent the last few nights befriending a one-eyed stray cat that showed up outside of where I work. My boss let me make a box full of old sheets next to the garage, and I named him Toc. I called around local shelters, checked a bunch of area poster boards (grocery stores and such,) and looked on Craigslist but nobody has listed the cat as missing. If nobody claims him before it snows again, I'm going to have to bring him to the shelter, cause I already got told that the box is as far as I'm allowed to go with him at work. 

So I didn't know where else to put this...

I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed a few days before christmas and I'm worried I wont be able to eat the food I want to or spend time with my family, because we're basically having a family reunion, but my mom says that's the only time we can do it....

8 hours ago, Run Ookla, run! said:

I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed a few days before christmas and I'm worried I wont be able to eat the food I want to or spend time with my family, because we're basically having a family reunion, but my mom says that's the only time we can do it....

ooooooooh...yeah, I've never had my wisdom teeth removed but I've heard it leaves you numb for a fair while, so it might still effect you. Maybe ask your dentist what will allow you to do the things you want?

8 hours ago, Run Ookla, run! said:

I've heard eating an entire pineapple the day before helps with swelling. I don't know if it is true or not

4 hours ago, The Honor Spren said:

Hello, hi. I have returned. 

Hooray! 

15 hours ago, Run Ookla, run! said:

I was mostly good after a day. My brother needed a couple more days. My sister had recurring dry sockets for months afterwards. Chances are, if you follow procedure, you'll be fine. Horror stories of wisdom teeth removal are memorable, but not indicative that you will have issues. Heck, my sister was still able to do flag core, piano playing and family activities during her ordeals. 

You may have to avoid certain foods like nuts and such, but you can still have some tasty foods, I bet! I would only recommend taking smaller bites and care where in your mouth you are chewing. 

23 hours ago, Kobold King said:

I was about to give you a piece of my mind for calling The Rithmatist "BS" till I remembered whose initials those were. :P

:P I would never dream of calling his stuff BS unless he made a truly awful book. It was weird how they didn't have much from the last couple years, understandable since it's a discount surplus bookstore, and yet had Dan Brown's new book already. I was so hoping they would've had more Sanderson after seeing The Rithmatist on the shelves.

On 07/12/2017 at 5:40 PM, Steeldancer said:

I was a little numb for I think 3 days post procedure. 

On 08/12/2017 at 4:39 AM, The Honor Spren said:

Hello, hi. I have returned. 

Hiiiiiiii! *jumps up and down waving enthusiastically*

On 08/12/2017 at 2:42 AM, Ookla that Watches said:

I've heard eating an entire pineapple the day before helps with swelling. I don't know if it is true or not

.......O_o sounds dubious to me. 

Dear sweet baby Heru, I'm ordering appliques. And fabric swatches. Blue bordering on turquoise, black lace for trim, with touches of red here and there. And black/gold/silver appliques to go everywhere.

This dress is either going to be amazing, or going to be the most amazing failure ever.

...I'm rooting for Option One, tbh.

I have more pictures! :D Some birbs and some scenery this time.

Woodhouse's Scrub-jays (2 photos):

Spoiler

Several of these pretty blue birds were kicking around in the dry leaf litter, looking for tasty things to eat. This was the first time I'd ever managed to get a decent photo of one, so I was very pleased!

5a2f61646bb30_IMG_5661_Scrub_Jay_Crop_Contrast.thumb.jpg.8de7daba1dd8a2d440c6ce9f480aca11.jpg

The same jay from the previous photo flew up into a bush to investigate some berries.

IMG_5674_Scrub_Jay_Crop.thumb.jpg.5edb110cb8a7d820548ca8fed2349a42.jpg

Steller's Jay (1 photo):

Spoiler

This guy paused just long enough for me to get ONE good photo of him. All the others turned out pretty cremmy, LOL. But this photo is still better than any I've gotten of a Steller's before. :)

5a2f6175f2039_IMG_5680_Stellers_Jay_Crop_Sq.thumb.jpg.2c30d95dd00df7d648662c757516bedf.jpg

Black-billed Magpies (3 photos):

Spoiler

This first photo was taken from the edge of the valley, up at the base of the mountains while I looked down into the valley. That's what all the buildings in the background are. As bird pictures go, it's nothing amazing, but I find it interesting because of the perspective. :)

IMG_5688_Magpie_Crop.thumb.jpg.9504c035448a5394c62683a4aab2035b.jpg

I spent a little while chasing magpies around my neighborhood yesterday trying to photograph them, and they didn't really want to cooperate. Kept flying off before I got close. XD But I did manage to get a couple of decent pictures, including these next two.

IMG_5714_Magpie_Crop.thumb.jpg.92df02e4aaa2f3c053634520b28bd3bf.jpg

5a2f61aa38f92_IMG_5730_Magpie_Crop_Lighten.thumb.jpg.c8dbaf9984396a518c75db60dbc164f7.jpg

Mountains at sunset (2 photos):

Spoiler

5a2f61b4471d0_IMG_5732_Sunset_Mtns_Contrast_Crop.thumb.jpg.70426975f86072caf3f72df8def2feff.jpg

5a2f61be2c9f2_IMG_5736_Sunset_Mtns_Contrast_Crop.thumb.jpg.510773afecfa04e22118f980f5c68aa6.jpg

10 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

To quote Molly Weasley: "Beds empty?! No note?!"

RUSTIT @Quiver I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD IN A DITCH SOMEWHERE I SWEAR...

*HUGS*

/mom-mode

...you know, I was planning on not having my first post back invovle saying sorry copious amounts of times but... uh... sorry? 

...well, guess I can also post this which, for some reason, YouTube won't let me embed on my home page:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQUfOopOTsY

So... yeah. Hey everyone.

2 minutes ago, Quiver said:

...you know, I was planning on not having my first post back involve saying sorry copious amounts of times but... uh... sorry? 

...well, guess I can also post this which, for some reason, YouTube won't let me embed on my home page:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQUfOopOTsY

So... yeah. Hey everyone.

Hee. It doesn't have to be a lot of times. Just once is fine. ^_^

Welcome back! And don't drop off the face of the earth again, please. :rolleyes:

OOKLA THE @Quiver HAS RETURNED! :D

So much stuff happened since I last saw you! I gained Arcanist rank... like last month, so that's for stupidly fresh... And then I went on a journey of theorycrafting... and now you're back!

Edited by Ookla the Indefatigable