Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

I found an owl today! First time I've ever found one all on my own, without being told where to look. :D

Great Horned Owl (3 photos):

Spoiler

Giving me the side eye...

59f40de18e2a5_IMG_5022_GHO_Crop_Darken.thumb.jpg.8cf34bcba033891918e7a00a89fc093e.jpg

Head-on glare: "Why won't you let me sleep?"

59f40dec7981d_IMG_5024_GHO_Crop_Darken.thumb.jpg.5ce52f89883bd651fc6efcb162082c3b.jpg

"Storm it; I'm going to nap anyway."

IMG_5038_GHO_Crop.thumb.jpg.4df7b7802492c797bacfe19e59f7d523.jpg

6 hours ago, Draginon said:

My mom was watching Norbit and I've got a pretty good question. Why is it considered acceptable for black actors to dress up in yellowface and whiteface but it's racist and wrong when a white actor does the same?

None should be ok? 

But also racism is built into society and systematic, so sometimes just flipping the situation doesn't work. Kinda like #AllLivesMatter. Yes they do, but not all lives are in danger because of biases about their race. Trying to make things 'fair' can actually makes things worse for those already disadvantaged. 

Edited by Delightful

Barnes & Noble haul!

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpg.abd690d8d598a01b62db08869a444e7b.jpg

Never got a chance to see this last year so I can see it now! Wasn't planning on picking this up, was going to do either a current Star Wars or Star Wars Legends book, but picked this when I saw it.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpg.cf576c600c2db4af91e6872c52ccb187.jpg

Had a coupon that was good for any mystery novel so I thought 'Why not Jo Nesbø?' since I recently found out about his Harry Hole books.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpg.622b036e1823ecacb24fc75d007bae78.jpg

New leatherbound! Now this one certainly interested me since I wasn't into reading the Expanded Universe until recently.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpg.7e3f8a5aa45270b9a4bce73a39357e0f.jpg

Also had a coupon good for cookbooks and I immediately thought of one of my favorite YouTube cooks. Ro is quite funny and very geeky.

I preordered Oathbringer for $20.99 when it first went up for presale on amazon. Since that time I have seen it go up in price with it even getting to $32.99; I just saw today that it is back to $20.99. I am curious how they decide on these prices and causes the fluctuation if anyone has knowledge of book prices.

13 hours ago, Ammanas said:

I preordered Oathbringer for $20.99 when it first went up for presale on amazon. Since that time I have seen it go up in price with it even getting to $32.99; I just saw today that it is back to $20.99. I am curious how they decide on these prices and causes the fluctuation if anyone has knowledge of book prices.

*waves hand* magic and stuff