Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

So the sequel of a book I very much enjoyed (Cold Iron) is coming out August 8 by Stina Leicht called Blackthorne. I wonder if Brandon wanted this to be the title of Stormlight #3, but his agent told him it would be too confusing for some readers? Perhaps Oathbringer was his choice all along...just a random thought.

James and I watch iZombie. It's a hilariously fun show, and we enjoy the heck out of it. And it slips little jokes in under the radar that a lot of people would miss.

Well, a friend of mine recently discovered it and has been binge-watching to catch up. And he found the most glorious pun hidden in there that I totally missed and shared it with me, saying, "Bad zombie show! Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done."

Me: "THIS IS GLORIOUS, I must share it with James so he can giggle now!"

Him: "No! Bad. You're both bad. You're why they do this."

I'm not sorry at all. :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Orlion On a Cob said:

That is the only place where I will eat ham. 

Everywhere else, ham is gross. 

Maybe it's just me, but ham is the only meat I don't like there. Whatever type they use has this sweet edge that just kills it for me. 

5 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I understand, but it's like they glazed each slice individually rather than glazing the ham before cutting it. 

Just... So sweet... Blech

It still amazes me that after a month working there, I have not yet seen someone start a hot sauce challenge.

Just now, Silverblade5 said:

If you want the real spicy stuff, ask for mad dog. It's so spicy, that a guy once had a seizure from having to much of it. Because of this, we now keep it behind the counter.

I've had some of the sauces that make you sign waivers. I like spicy stuff. 

The main issue I have with hot sauces is that, above a certain threshold, all they care about is heat. 

If you're ever in Portland OR, there's a chicken wing place called Fire on the Mountain that has a sauce called "El Jefe" that is the best balance of heat and flavor I've ever found. 

I highly recommend it. 

6 hours ago, Calderis said:

I've had some of the sauces that make you sign waivers. I like spicy stuff. 

The main issue I have with hot sauces is that, above a certain threshold, all they care about is heat. 

If you're ever in Portland OR, there's a chicken wing place called Fire on the Mountain that has a sauce called "El Jefe" that is the best balance of heat and flavor I've ever found. 

I highly recommend it. 

Best balance of heat and flavor I've found during my sampling would be the Gator Hammock.

Edited by Silverblade5

35 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

It's always interesting when I find a word or term that I have never heard of before. Today it was "pyrrhic victory"

I love learning new words! How did you come to learn about "pyrrhic victory"?

4 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

I love learning new words! How did you come to learn about "pyrrhic victory"?

I am watching Samurai Seven and was comparing it to Kurasawas' The Seven Samurai. It's been a few years since I have last watched that movie so I was looking at the Wikipedia page. The page said the ending was a example of a pyrrhic victory.

On 14/07/2017 at 10:21 PM, Kaymyth said:

James and I watch iZombie. It's a hilariously fun show, and we enjoy the heck out of it. And it slips little jokes in under the radar that a lot of people would miss.

Well, a friend of mine recently discovered it and has been binge-watching to catch up. And he found the most glorious pun hidden in there that I totally missed and shared it with me, saying, "Bad zombie show! Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done."

Me: "THIS IS GLORIOUS, I must share it with James so he can giggle now!"

Him: "No! Bad. You're both bad. You're why they do this."

I'm not sorry at all. :ph34r:

Ooh do share!

49 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

It's always interesting when I find a word or term that I have never heard of before. Today it was "pyrrhic victory"

That phrase is painful to RWBY fans. 

57 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

I think I have seen only the following: Samurai Champloo, Samurai 7 (now), Death Note, Code Geass, Cowboy Beebop, Dragonball z (when I was younger) and Avatar the last airbender (not sure if it counts as a anime)

At first I read that as Samurai Shampoo.

596bdea179cb9_CannotBrainCat.jpg.5bc6229b901b472e25fbe61e3b06bdc6.jpg