Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

So, I attended a panel by Brian McClellan (author of Powder Mage Trilogy). Towards the end it was time for questions from the audience.

And a guy goes with first asking whether Brian likes dogs (yes, he has three of them) and the saying that he hates Sanderson: he tried to read Mistborn but when he started Well Of Ascension he just quit. Why?

Because Vin is a horrible person - because after killing the assassins she should have let OreSeur eat one of them but instead she had gone and killed a dog!

This was really ironic for me since throughout the previous panels I attended both Brian and Graham Masterton mentioned that when they killed dogs in their books they got lots of hatemail - Graham mentioned he did horrible things to humans in his horror books, like (I'm going off my memory) nailing children to walls and such but it was only when he described dogfighting he got lots of backlash and hatemail from readers.

People are weird.

Edited by Oversleep

12 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

So, I attended a panel by Brian McClellan (author of Powder Mage Trilogy). Towards the end it was time for questions from the audience.

And a guy goes with first asking whether Brian likes dogs (yes, he has three of them) and the saying that he hates Sanderson: he tried to read Mistborn but when he started Well Of Ascension he just quit. Why?

Because Vin is a horrible person - because after killing the assassins she should have let OreSeur eat one of them but instead she had gone and killed a dog!

This was really ironic for me since throughout the previous panels I attended both Brian and Graham Masterton mentioned that when they killed dogs in their books they got lots of hatemail - Graham mentioned he did horrible things to humans in his horror books, like (I'm going off my memory) nailing children to walls and such but it was only when he described dogfighting he got lots of backlash and hatemail from readers.

People are weird.

People are weird confirmed.

@Oversleep Similarly, Dan Wells says the most hate mail he gets is for killing a cat in one of the John Cleaver books. Never mind the other murders and the torture he inflicted on human characters; everyone gets bent out of shape over the one cat.

Edited by Sunbird
Typo

1 minute ago, Calderis said:

I think I'll aim for bunnies. Dunno why, but I think that'll get a pretty good reaction. 

I'll make the rabbits the usual sacrifice to the gods then.

Dogs will die more randomly.

Edited by Oversleep

So, I just had a really weird dream. It started with me being sent to some military school for some reason. They wanted everyone to get tattoos despite my heavy objections. I was just debating whether or not attending a blood drive later that day should disqualify me from the tattoo.

1 hour ago, Idealistic Mistborn said:

Arcanum Unbounded is finally coming out in spanish this october, I just read the title and I am already complaining about the traduction.I guess I am a bit too demanding about Cosmere's spanish translation.

Why, how bad was the title translation? 

Just now, A Budgie said:

Why, how bad was the title translation? 

It was no too bad, instead of unbounded they translated it like unlimited, but, you know, they do that a lot, for example until I joined this site I had no idea about the unmade because they translated it differently every time they are mencionated, sometimes there are google translate kind of mistakes or even sentences that doesn't appear in the spanish version, in general it is not too bad but I loses a lot of minor details and it bothers me.

2 hours ago, A Budgie said:

Ooooooh, sounds great!

Yep. Yet another step in preparation for portraying an Egyptian deity on Sunday.

In related news, I am a moron and I burned my fingers on my iron while working on sewing. Eh. At least it's not as bad as the burn I got from the oven the last time I tried to bake something. I really am a tragic failure at domesticity.

On 10 July 2017 at 11:20 PM, Oversleep said:

And now I need to write a book with at least one dog dying each chapter.

Its either about a serial dog-killer, or they all have a virus. 

29 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Yep. Yet another step in preparation for portraying an Egyptian deity on Sunday.

In related news, I am a moron and I burned my fingers on my iron while working on sewing. Eh. At least it's not as bad as the burn I got from the oven the last time I tried to bake something. I really am a tragic failure at domesticity.

Does sewing count as domesticity for you? Were you making a cosplay? :)

15 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Its either about a serial dog-killer, or they all have a virus. 

Dogs dying of sickness won't cause an uproar and books about serial dog-killer won't be picked up by people who care about dogs dying. It needs to be more stealthy than serial dog killer.

52 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Dogs dying of sickness won't cause an uproar and books about serial dog-killer won't be picked up by people who care about dogs dying. It needs to be more stealthy than serial dog killer.

Oh you dont say its a dog killer on the cover! You make it all about the subplot!

Actually my roommate loooooves dogs and I'm thinking of her reaction and that would just be cruel. 

20 hours ago, Delightful said:

Does sewing count as domesticity for you? Were you making a cosplay? :)

Sewing counts as domesticity for most people? But you're right, costumes are probably not technically "domestic".

Working on my Bast costume for God Auction. I pleated so much linen. So. Much.

5 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

At work, someone brought up the idea of taking every single meat we had and putting it all on one sandwitch as a joke. So naturally I end up taking it literally. It was actually pretty good.

Where do you work?