Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

@Computer peoples here:

Is it worth the headache of trying to partition this darn thing? Or should I just write over everything (including the previous OS), since I believe all the essential files are elsewhere and the most I stand to lose is a bunch of random files?

ETA: I did a thing. I don't know if it's the right thing. I don't even know if I know what the thing is. But here's hoping everything isn't stormed to pieces.

ETA2: It didn't work. :P Hooray for erasing the drive, then! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Slowswift

21 hours ago, Briar King said:

I just wanted to check on her for her 1st tropical storm possibly striking. I think it's going to effect me more then on NOLA side of state.

All of the parish's government buildings were pre-emptively closed for today, so she's got a free day off. It's raining buckets, but nothing worse than that.

5 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

All of the parish's government buildings were pre-emptively closed for today, so she's got a free day off. It's raining buckets, but nothing worse than that.

Cool deal. I knew she would experience it one day but atleast her 1st time is only a tropical storm and not a full blown rusting HURRICANE!

Edited by Briar King

17 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

@Silverblade5 Like Colonel Sanders of Kentucky Fried Chicken fame? Or is this a completely different Sanders?

The Dave Sanders that was shot and killed on April 20, 1999. The Dave Sanders that saved at least 100+ lives by clearing out the lunch room. 

Edited by Silverblade5

On 6/24/2017 at 8:35 PM, Silverblade5 said:

The Dave Sanders that was shot and killed on April 20, 1999. The Dave Sanders that saved at least 100+ lives by clearing out the lunch room. 

I know many of y'all weren't even alive when this happened but this was my senior yr less then a month from graduation and I still remember the bone chilling silence from everyone when this news started coming in over the speaker. 

5 hours ago, Delightful said:

Just want to say hi I'm alive, insanely busy, haven't had much time for recreation, I'll pop in when I can and hopefully return to my normal presence here once all this insanity is over.

Love you all. 

Don't let this wedding overwhelm you :) we'll be waiting for you :)

5 hours ago, Delightful said:

Just want to say hi I'm alive, insanely busy, haven't had much time for recreation, I'll pop in when I can and hopefully return to my normal presence here once all this insanity is over.

Love you all. 

Thanks for letting us know you're okay. You will do GREAT at this whole getting married thing. =)

1 hour ago, Briar King said:

I know many of y'all weren't even alive when this happened but this was my senior yr less then a month from graduation and I still remember the bone chilling silence from everyone when this news started coming in over the speaker. 

I was 4 when it happened, so I was utterly clueless. I didn't learn about until yeeeears later when my high school band played "An American Elegy" in class and our director explained the origins of the piece.

12 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Today's XKCD is now how I choose to forever picture @Chaos's classes.

I seriously cannot stop laughing at that one. The alt text is even funnier.

(Unfortunately though I'm too much a mathematician. Generally when you have an existence proof you don't want to explicitly find it because it's hard, and I'm lazy. So you just cite the theorem and call it a day.)

40 minutes ago, Chaos said:

(Unfortunately though I'm too much a mathematician. Generally when you have an existence proof you don't want to explicitly find it because it's hard, and I'm lazy. So you just cite the theorem and call it a day.)

Well, of course it's hard. Did you not see that they require swords and horses in order to track it down? Have you ever tried to do complex math on horseback?

(Your realism is getting in the way of my fun headcanon. There are advantages to not knowing enough calculus to know the exact level of silly the comic has reached.)

6 hours ago, Chaos said:

I think f(x) = 1^x might be a good candidate. 

Just got done reading Interlude I-8 in WoK and seriously think Brandon was having some fun with us fans who create elaborate theories and visit the coppermind. Ashir and Geranid sound like a lot of members on this site. It's all in good fun though.

8 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

Just got done reading Interlude I-8 in WoK and seriously think Brandon was having some fun with us fans who create elaborate theories and visit the coppermind. Ashir and Geranid sound like a lot of members on this site. It's all in good fun though.

Was that the interlude with the two ardent scientists?