Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

7 hours ago, Sunbirb said:

Ahahaha, no thanks. I don't think the kind of spiders I'd find with that method at night in Australia would fall under the "cute" label. Jumping spiders are okay because as a general rule, they're tiny and not dangerous, but I've heard about the 8-legged terrors that live in Australia.

In other news, did you know that jumping spiders will chase laser pointers like cats? (Links to video)

Holy cow that is so awesome. 

Friends I have who do not even normally attend GCUU services are now talking about going to God Auction. Cause they want to see me be Bast. (Or, more accurately, they are intrigued by my costume skills and want to see how it all comes out.)

:mellow:

1 hour ago, The Sovereign said:

I saw this a couple of years ago but just stumbled upon it again, still glorious:

comicpowers.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSI

I gave five shekel to a beggar yesterday and saw her entire face light up. It was wonderful. 

And then I walked straight into a randomly open glass door. 

17 hours ago, Sunbirb said:

Ahahaha, no thanks. I don't think the kind of spiders I'd find with that method at night in Australia would fall under the "cute" label. Jumping spiders are okay because as a general rule, they're tiny and not dangerous, but I've heard about the 8-legged terrors that live in Australia.

In other news, did you know that jumping spiders will chase laser pointers like cats? (Links to video)

Ok. What did you do to me today? 

It started with that video. Then I followed it to a cool video (narrated by David Attenborough no less) about jumping spiders on the BBC Earth channel. And from there, I spent most of my school day watching short nature clips. I learned about how hedgehogs mate, what the world's biggest flower looks like, and about a thousand other things. I don't know whether to thank you or curse you. 

16 minutes ago, The Flash said:

It started with that video. Then I followed it to a cool video (narrated by David Attenborough no less) about jumping spiders on the BBC Earth channel. And from there, I spent most of my school day watching short nature clips. I learned about how hedgehogs mate, what the world's biggest flower looks like, and about a thousand other things. I don't know whether to thank you or curse you. 

But did you learn about what the world's largest flower smells like? 

24 minutes ago, The Flash said:

I'd say a day spent learning about nature was a day well spent. =)

1 hour ago, The Flash said:

Yeah i had 2 tests today. But I'm so fast with testing that I got a good grade and spent time watching little praying mantisis scuttle around

Know what's really fun? Watching adult male Egyptian Pygmy Mantises fly. They're really good fliers. Unfortunately I was unable to find a video, but I've seen it in person and boy, it's entertaining! They're only like an inch long as adults and sorta look like a large-ish moth from a distance.

I did, however, find a nice video of an adult male Spiny Flower Mantis. I had the opportunity to raise a couple of these and they're also tiny, but stunningly beautiful as adults! They look like ants when newly hatched, though, because they're completely black and so itty bitty.

Video spoilered because it contains close-ups of mantis faces, which I know may creep some people out.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

This is a link to an AI called pix2pix that will render your sketch in the left box, as a "picture" in the right box. 

http://fotogenerator.npocloud.nl

My wife and I both just spent about 20 minutes making things that are simultaneously hilarious and terrifying. 

You're welcome. 

Well that was...fun.
I'd like to see what someone who can actually draw would make of this though. Like put in something that actually looked really good...and get a monstrosity...

1 hour ago, A Budgie said:

Well that was...fun.
I'd like to see what someone who can actually draw would make of this though. Like put in something that actually looked really good...and get a monstrosity...

Well, here's what one of my friends did when I showed her the link:

.eJwVyEsOwiAQANC7cAA-Q0HoriZuGlca3RNap41toTCujHdX3_K92assrGUTUa6tEMNcYyoDr5RKwJFjSriMIc-Vx7SKQBTitI4bVaGV1R608SCdMgfljNAA8EvbSAONc8qD6OL5Ku_2Ieu-d3_H_nIzp_LsEZHnDdnnCzPaKQY.-QvUbZjVdq9yTaM-IRzcvWPwJXQ?width=831&height=416

4 hours ago, A Budgie said:

Well, here's what one of my friends did when I showed her the link:

.eJwVyEsOwiAQANC7cAA-Q0HoriZuGlca3RNap41toTCujHdX3_K92assrGUTUa6tEMNcYyoDr5RKwJFjSriMIc-Vx7SKQBTitI4bVaGV1R608SCdMgfljNAA8EvbSAONc8qD6OL5Ku_2Ieu-d3_H_nIzp_LsEZHnDdnnCzPaKQY.-QvUbZjVdq9yTaM-IRzcvWPwJXQ?width=831&height=416

I didn't save any, but I got some weird monstrosities. Where it got super weird is when my wife decided to start drawing objects instead of people. 

She drew an apple tree and it's algorithm tried to turn the apples to eyes. She drew a dollar bill and it was a weird hellscape wallpaper made from flesh. 

It's... Something for sure. 

So I recently found out that hand fed birds think they're human. So when they fly into a mirror on accident, then they blame the bird for getting in the way. It's also why they don't get why they can't eat what you're eating, cause "they are a human too". Cool, right?

15 hours ago, Calderis said:

This is a link to an AI called pix2pix that will render your sketch in the left box, as a "picture" in the right box. 

http://fotogenerator.npocloud.nl

My wife and I both just spent about 20 minutes making things that are simultaneously hilarious and terrifying. 

You're welcome. 

Ah, nice

Spoiler

fotogenerator.npocloud_nl.png.ec68a4bead9e637d10c02b1325520353.png