Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

8 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

I say hi, walk past him and that's all. 

Sorry, I'm unbelievably resistant to nightmares, I've had only 3 in my entire life :P

I'm like this, only dreams are included. Most nights are a long, timeless blackness until my alarm goes off.

9 minutes ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

Your leg! Ah! Its caught in a bear trap!

Either your brain is awesome or you are a very calm person or both. Oooor you just don't remember nightmares. All are good options.

I scream, panic, then force it open and pull my leg free. I then sit and try to wrap my head around the pain while using my shirt as a makeshift bandage.

Why must bear traps hurt so badly? I read your words and felt a phantom pain in my leg. :lol:

7 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

I'm like this, only dreams are included. Most nights are a long, timeless blackness until my alarm goes off.

I scream, panic, then force it open and pull my leg free. I then sit and try to wrap my head around the pain while using my shirt as a makeshift bandage.

Why must bear traps hurt so badly? I read your words and felt a phantom pain in my leg. :lol:

There's blood on his face! My God there's blood everywhere!

1 hour ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Really? I never remember my dreams, but sleep is like a chunk of time is just ripped away. I wait for however long it takes to fall asleep, and then my alarm goes off and everything between is gone. 

1 hour ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

Either your brain is awesome or you are a very calm person or both. Oooor you just don't remember nightmares. All are good options.

If that's a real bear trap then I probably don't have a leg anymore <_<

57 minutes ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

There's blood on his face! My God there's blood everywhere!

We kinda missed those parts where he's following you thirty feet back, gets down on all fours and breaks into a sprint and is gaining on you. So you look for your car but you're all turned around and then he's almost upon you and then you see all the blood.

So you run for your life, he's brandishing a knife... then it's dark and it seems you have lost him; but you're hopelessly lost yourself - stranded with a murderer!
You creep silently through the underbursh. Aha! In the distance, hope! Small cottage with a light on! You move stealthily towards it...

1 hour ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

Now you have to gnaw off your leg. But quietly...

4 hours ago, Oversleep said:

We kinda missed those parts where he's following you thirty feet back, gets down on all fours and breaks into a sprint and is gaining on you. So you look for your car but you're all turned around and then he's almost upon you and then you see all the blood.

So you run for your life, he's brandishing a knife... then it's dark and it seems you have lost him; but you're hopelessly lost yourself - stranded with a murderer!
You creep silently through the underbursh. Aha! In the distance, hope! Small cottage with a light on! You move stealthily towards it...

Now you have to gnaw off your leg. But quietly...

You limp towards the cottage. But quietly...

Man, I love this song. It's hilarious.

7 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Shia LaBeouf by Rob Cantor. Look it up on YouTube. It's hilarious.

I laughed so damnation hard the first time I saw that. I've made countless people watch it. 

You're running for your life from Shia LaBeouf! 

On 5/13/2017 at 4:33 PM, Oversleep said:

If it's too small to read, you can open it in new tab :)

shard.thumb.jpg.a7bbf8d9c3d072beb8c156b2b8b8c480.jpg

I'm not sure how to quote what I said about this afterwards with it, but this is our crowning achievement.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by StrikerEZ

33 minutes ago, Erunion said:

Hey! Has anyone seen @TwiLyghtSansSparkles Around? She used to be a regular here but I haven't heard from her in a while? Does anyone know if she's ok? 

Twi said in Discord that she is taking a hiatus from the Shard for a while. She's okay as far as I know, and she still pops into Discord periodically. I believe @Kaymyth has more regular contact with her.

15 hours ago, Erunion said:

Hey! Has anyone seen @TwiLyghtSansSparkles Around? She used to be a regular here but I haven't heard from her in a while? Does anyone know if she's ok? 

14 hours ago, Sunbirb said:

Twi said in Discord that she is taking a hiatus from the Shard for a while. She's okay as far as I know, and she still pops into Discord periodically. I believe @Kaymyth has more regular contact with her.

Yep. We're friends on Facebook. She's fine. :)

4 minutes ago, Sunbirb said:

I joined a Facebook group all about jumping spiders just so I could look at super-macro photos of them. I've been squeeing over cute fuzzy spiders for the past 20 minutes.

If you ever want something more intimate, do you know that if you hold a flashlight level with your eyes and sweep it around you in the wilderness, the light will reflect off the eyes of any spider as a gresn flash? You can then find all the cute spiders you want! And because there are always more spiders than you think (especially here in Aus), you get to see how many are actually staring back at you. Knowledge you can't unknow.

6 minutes ago, Extesian said:

If you ever want something more intimate, do you know that if you hold a flashlight level with your eyes and sweep it around you in the wilderness, the light will reflect off the eyes of any spider as a gresn flash? You can then find all the cute spiders you want! And because there are always more spiders than you think (especially here in Aus), you get to see how many are actually staring back at you. Knowledge you can't unknow.

Ahahaha, no thanks. I don't think the kind of spiders I'd find with that method at night in Australia would fall under the "cute" label. Jumping spiders are okay because as a general rule, they're tiny and not dangerous, but I've heard about the 8-legged terrors that live in Australia.

In other news, did you know that jumping spiders will chase laser pointers like cats? (Links to video)

35 minutes ago, Extesian said:

Like @Sunbirb said, I have no desire for an intimate encounter with the monstrosities you people call spiders. 

I'm not the type to be frightened by crawly things, but your crawly things are big, skittery, life destroying crawly things. 

No thank you.