Our good friend Rashek got down and dirty

Jedal

I recently saw this in an old AMA of Brandon's: 

[–]ArgentSun 16 points 1 year ago 

I don't think I've seen this asked before, but... Did the Lord Ruler have children? Either as Rashek or as the Sliver of Infinity?

[–]mistborn[S] 24 points 1 year ago 

Yes.

Hot diggity dog! I'm bubbling up with joy right now.

What did his kids do? Did they become kandra? Did they inherit Twinborn powers? Are they still alive through the magic of 

Spoiler

unkeyed atiuminds???

Discuss.

Note that we don't actually know whether he had the children before or after he ascended. Considering how much effort he went to prevent feruchemy from existing, I don't see him intentionally procreating and causing that to happen. As such, I'm more of the opinion that he had children before, in which case he might've turned them into mistwraiths.

Edited by Spoolofwhool

42 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

Note that we don't actually know whether he had the children before or after he ascended. Considering how much effort he went to prevent feruchemy from existing, I don't see him intentionally procreating and causing that to happen. As such, I'm more of the opinion that he had children before, in which case he might've turned them into mistwraiths.

Yeah, he probably had children before he ascended, I don't really think this is going to be very relative to the story, it's just an interesting fact and that's it. 

6 minutes ago, Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew said:

Yeah, he probably had children before he ascended, I don't really think this is going to be very relative to the story, it's just an interesting fact and that's it. 

Yeah, the WoB that Pagerunner provided shows that it really isn't a relevant detail.

2 hours ago, Jedal said:

I recently saw this in an old AMA of Brandon's: 

[–]ArgentSun 16 points 1 year ago 

I don't think I've seen this asked before, but... Did the Lord Ruler have children? Either as Rashek or as the Sliver of Infinity?

[–]mistborn[S] 24 points 1 year ago 

Yes.

Hot diggity dog! I'm bubbling up with joy right now.

What did his kids do? Did they become kandra? Did they inherit Twinborn powers? Are they still alive through the magic of 

Hide contents

unkeyed atiuminds???

Discuss.

Hmmm. Yeah I've referenced them before. Unfortunately they were nothing special.

2 hours ago, Spoolofwhool said:

Well as a reminder, they were part of his onetime plan to give up the Final Empire. That would be hard if they were pre ascension.

5 hours ago, Savanorn said:

Well as a reminder, they were part of his onetime plan to give up the Final Empire. That would be hard if they were pre ascension.

It's been a year or so since I read the mistborn books, so could you tell me where in the books he talks about giving up the final empire?

20 hours ago, randuir said:

It's been a year or so since I read the mistborn books, so could you tell me where in the books he talks about giving up the final empire?

Hi Randuir. 

As Spool said, it is from WoB. A lot of stuff here on the shard is. If you want to know more the Rashek/Lord Ruler Coppermind wiki has some links you might find useful.

• Chaos locked this topic