20 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

If we plan it out, then Ruin won't stop anyone from taking an action. I've already put in order to leave Scadrial for Roshar. If everyone else on Scadrial does the same, then Ruin can blow up the planet tonight without blocking anyone. No actions or information prevented. Does it reduce Ruin's power and influence later in the game? Yes. but the later it is, the more likely it's in evil hands, and you're advocating passing the shards anyway (I am too) so Ruin's current vessel will already be losing his influence and power if he does it tonight.

I don't know.  Destroying a planet this early seems like a bad idea.  I think that it might be useful later in the game to mass role-block a group of players, and it kind of seems like destroying a planet this early doesn't really accomplish anything good.  Destroying Scadrial effectively disables Endowments ability to make/be a Mistborn, however, another planet could be destroyed.  Plus Endowment losing that ability isn't necessarily a con?  I don't know.

I'm also not sure that destroying a planet now just so it can't be done later isn't really as effective as you say, seeing as the only situation where someone would destroy a planet would be a break glass in case of emergency moment anyway.

The benefits have already sort of been discussed, and I don't know whether or not this is a good idea.  I'm going to say not, but I think it has to be up to Ruin to decide.

TL;DR:  This was really just me thinking through the pros/cons.  Ruin has to make the decision.

Edited by Magestar
Formatting.

36 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Scadrial has four people on it, but all can worldhop away during the day, and we just need people to not worldhop to it today, and then it will be empty.

I am proposing that ruin destroys 1 planet. If he does that, then Hypothetical Evil Future Ruin can't risk destroying another planet, because if he did, he would lose his nightly kill. I am not proposing removing Ruin's kill ability. I also think we'll need that in the future. (especially if it's in the hands of one of the inactive killers)

I just decided i wanted to share planet information so i could find my favorite people to talk to and scheme with.

If we plan it out, then Ruin won't stop anyone from taking an action. I've already put in order to leave Scadrial for Roshar. If everyone else on Scadrial does the same, then Ruin can blow up the planet tonight without blocking anyone. No actions or information prevented. Does it reduce Ruin's power and influence later in the game? Yes. but the later it is, the more likely it's in evil hands, and you're advocating passing the shards anyway (I am too) so Ruin's current vessel will already be losing his influence and power if he does it tonight.

Yeah, I'd be okay with Ruin destroying a planet. I don't think it's very likely that village!Ruin will ever really need the planet destroying ability later on(why would 17th Shard members congregate on the same planet?), while it could be useful to the 17th Shard(like it was in LG21 >.>). Plus, I wouldn't think Ruin is gonna kill on N1 anyways. But, like Magestar said, it's up to Ruin.

Passing Shards - That probably is the best plan. Since I'm guessing the 17th Shard just started with Hoid and maybe 1 more member or something, most everyone is village right now, so passing Shards should make it a bit more difficult for the 17th Shard to get very many Shards and I think you'd be pretty likely to pass your Shard to a villager.

Edit: Stick :P

Edited by TheMightyLopen

15 minutes ago, Magestar said:

I don't know.  Destroying a planet this early seems like a bad idea.  I think that it might be useful later in the game to mass role-block a group of players, and it kind of seems like destroying a planet this early doesn't really accomplish anything good.  Destroying Scadrial effectively disables Endowments ability to make/be a Mistborn, however, another planet could be destroyed.  Plus Endowment losing that ability isn't necessarily a con?  I don't know.

Oh.

Oh.

I had forgotten How endowment works. Well in that case, I'm much less supportive of the plan, and would also like to switch the plan over to threnody since Shade is maybe the weakest role? Well, actually, uh.

@Seonid Shade isn't mentioned in Endownment's invested ability. Can Endowment make shades? Or is everyone on Threnody automatically a shade? Can you just explain a bit more?

6 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Oh.

Oh.

I had forgotten How endowment works. Well in that case, I'm much less supportive of the plan, and would also like to switch the plan over to threnody since Shade is maybe the weakest role? Well, actually, uh.

@Seonid Shade isn't mentioned in Endownment's invested ability. Can Endowment make shades? Or is everyone on Threnody automatically a shade? Can you just explain a bit more?

I would think that Shade is an actual role, rather than everyone on Threnody being one. But you're right that Shade is probably the weakest role Endowment can give out. Kind of a shame to destroy it when it barely made it in though. :P

1 minute ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Lopen, I have GM'd seven games on this site. 90% of the actions taken by the players are a shame. If we only did what the GM's want, the GM's would have a lot more fun, but we would be bored out of our skulls. We need to outthink the GM just as much as the other players.

Umm, which of Lopen's comments are you directing this at?

I don't know what to say cause game looks really complicated(And I still haven't read all rules:D). So  I will just post some RP.

I walked through the tropical forest on the border between Hallandren and the mountains where placed Idris kingdom, sun shined high in the sky, day was warm and calm, hundreds of birds with no less variety of colors were chirping high in the treetops. There were no signs of trouble or rain. I again looked on map.
“Hmm ... it seems us left to go no more than half an hour to our destination”. – white raven that silently was sitting on my right  shoulder all this time, raised his head. He bowed his head and pulled the corner of map.
“What? What do you want to say… Ahh, I understood I'm holding the map upside down, yes?” - raven nodded.
“Sooo all this time we walked in wrong direction, nice. Then us left to go ten hours. That’s not so bad, previous time we almost fell in nest of poisonous snakes. Just a slightly longer stroll in the beautiful day”. - I smiled to myself, turned and walked forward to meet the new story.

And Seonid my nickname It's also name of my character. 
And I know here many mistakes, and I'm not very familiar with the topography of Nalthis.(but i hope that it's atleast understandable )

4 minutes ago, Conquestor said:

I agree with the shard passing plan. I think destroying Threnody would be a good move for Ruin, only me and Sart are on Threnody at the moment. So, I haven't been counting votes, could someone please put up a vote chart? :)

You sure about that? There are 7 (can't remember, sorry) planets, and 26 players. All planets should have 3 or 4 players on them, unless Seonid made a mistake.

Current World List, assuming everyone got the world they signed up for, and that no one has lied so far:

Roshar:
Darkness Ascendant
Kynedath
Dalinar Kholin
Harambe

Nalthis: Revealed by Bard
Straw
Bard
Arinian
Elenion

First of Sun:
Assassin in Burgundy
Magestar
kasimir
                        Jondesu (Added Later)

Scadrial: Revealed by Joe
Sheep
Joe
Araris Valerian
Aonar

Threnody: Revealed by Conquestor
Conquestor
Sart
                Elodin (Added Later)

Sel: Revealed By Alvron
Lopen
Alvron
Stick
Rubik's Cube

Taldain:
Doc12
Drought Bringer (How thematically appropriate.)
                 Zephrer (Added Later)

Unknown:
Jondesu
Zephrer
Elodin

Assuming two on on taldain, and one is on the First of the Sun, then Threnody could very well have only 2 players, which is weird, but okay.

EDIT: Jondesu, Zephrer and Elodin have been placed on this list.
EDIT2: Conquestor and Elodin have been switched
EDIT3: Kasimir has been corrected.

Edited by A Joe in the Bush
adding Kasimir to First of the Sun

8 hours ago, The Young Bard said:

Oh. Also, poke votes. Hmmmm... RubiksCube. Welcome back! Have a poke vote.

@The Young Bard  I finally have a break from school, so I can do this again.   Thanks for the welcome - although I could go without the welcoming gift, if it's all the same to you. . . .

Edited by RubiksCube
Grammar fix, and quote shorten.

Kelen pulled over a seat and sat himself down.

"Kelen Taldar.  Pleasure meeting you.  Have either of you visited Roshar before?"

--

Destroying Threnody doesn't seem like too bad an idea. @Master Elodin @Sart If either of you are planning important actions and object to the plan then I suggest bringing them up now.  I'm really indifferent on which planet gets destroyed.  

I also agree with the Shard-passing plan.  I was worried about the possibility of passing a shard to the 17th Shard, but as Lopen pointed out, there won't be that many members of the 17th Shard, so the risk is minimal at best.

With that out of the way, I'd like to bring something up that Joe said earlier:

20 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

As for the sharing of information, I'm thinking that near complete freedom of information is important.

I'm sceptical as to the usefulness of this.  Joe mentioned that it would be useful for helping people make more informed decisions, but from what I can see, it's just putting more information in the hands of the 17th Shard who are able to use it much more effectively than any village due to their ability to cooperate and coordinate effectively.  That being said, I'm interested in knowing what kind of information you were thinking of, Joe?

I am new to all this gons  And the rules haven't settled in me long enough to start forming strategies , but when the hoid gets more and more people in his crew , won't it be much harder for the rest of us . By no means do I think that we should form a mob and start lynching and murdering people , but still i think that the swiftest the better. 

I think that the shard trading is a great idea since the chance of hoid or his one follower getting it is approximately 4-8%

-and not at all becouse I want to have godly powers-

I wasn't sure if I wanted to reveal it, but Elodin is also on Threnody with myself and Conquestor.

I'm not sure how I feel about blowing up planets. In a purely RP sense, that would probably destroy millions of lives. Not sure that's the greatest idea. The other problem I see with it is PMs. Right now, we have 7 planets. Since he has a Conversion ability, I doubt Hoid started off with more than one follower. That means there are probably 5 planets that don't have his minions on them. We want to have places to talk without people listening in. Already in Threnody, there's been discussions of a role-swap. We don't want Hoid knowing that information. By eliminating a planet, we dramatically increase the likelihood that the 17th shard has infiltrated that world. In addition it also functions as a role-block. We need to redistribute the shards, so Hoid can't track where they are. Role-blocking that action seems extremely harmful in this game. PMs are a useful tool, and getting rid of them this early seems like a waste.

4 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

I find it a little in bad taste to reveal publicly where other players are, in addition to yourself. I won't reveal who is with me, though I'm on First of the Sun.

I don't completely agree but let's try being nice for a turn or two 

there are more people on Roshar , though I am unsure if they are  admins or smt.