@Assassin in Burgundy That you did. That you did.

@Alvron What put you onto me? I thought you might have been, which was why I had to make sure that you died that night, but I didn't know you would have guessed.

Great game, all! Kudos especially to Doc and Kas, who both called me out for having non-village intel.

Eeesh. Well this was...interesting. If only someone had killed me- I had poisoned Bard. Not that it would've made a difference, but still :-P oh and I had poisoned DA too, but that was way early in the game. Props to Len, though. I couldn't see through him at all. I guess that was mostly because of Assassin's suspiciously weird tech problems, that I didn't stop to think there would be another traitor among us. Silly of me. At least I didn't give up Odium to you :-P And at least my vote stayed on Bard :-P 

GG everyone. Thank you Seonid and Elbereth for running it :]

13 hours ago, Elenion said:

Great game, all! Kudos especially to Doc and Kas, who both called me out for having non-village intel.

Thanks a lot Len.  Thanks for that.  

6 hours ago, Elbereth said:

Doc links coming up. 

Spiritual Realm

Cognitive Realm (there may be more that I'm missing - @Seonid, if you could paste in any that aren't there, that would be appreciated)

Odium's Champions

Honor's Champion

Autonomy's Agents

Autonomy's Converts

17th Shard

Erm.  A few of these Docs are still open. :P And there weren't any Cog Realm Docs after me?

Hmmm.  I might regret completely flipping out in the Cognitive Realm.  Guys, don't take any of that seriously. :P

On another note, I actually put the most in a Cog Realm doc.  Not that any of it was important. :P 

Edit;  That reveal in the Autonomy's Agent Doc had me laughing and laughing.  That was hilarious.

Edit 2;  The Autonomy Doc is OK to.  Meh.  

Edit 3; It's seriously disappointing how many people considered converting me, and ended up not doing it. <_<  COME ON PEOPLE.  CONVERT MEH.

Edit 4;  Watching Bard think about converting me is painful.  face palm @The Young Bard, why did you think I was Endowment?  

Edit 5;  Lol.  Mage is not Devotion!?  What!?  Bard, watching you theorize about who has which Shards is amazing.

Edited by Magestar

I just completed my readthrough of the docs. I was not aware that my playstyle was so averse to the one that the mods encourage. In regard to that, I will be taking a temporary hiatus from SE as soon as the AG ends. I should still be active on the rest of the site, but I think it's in all of our best interests for me to put things on hold for a while.

3 hours ago, Elenion said:

I just completed my readthrough of the docs. I was not aware that my playstyle was so averse to the one that the mods encourage. In regard to that, I will be taking a temporary hiatus from SE as soon as the AG ends. I should still be active on the rest of the site, but I think it's in all of our best interests for me to put things on hold for a while.

Well... okay. That's entirely your choice. I think I'll take a moment away from college apps to give my perspective, though: 

Yes, I do think you could have acted better in this and previous games. I do think your playstyle is unhealthy in the aggregate, and I don't want to see people following your example because SE is primarily about fun, not competitiveness. And for you the competitiveness is the fun, and I can understand that. But if it's interfering with the happiness of other players in the game or making them legitimately angry, it should no longer be acceptable in our community. 

So yes. You can leave. You can take a hiatus, wait indefinitely until you think the time has come to come back, for whatever reason. Or maybe you never do, and SE is just something that you enjoyed for a while and then ended badly and you don't really think about it. You can continue without SE in your life. That's fine. 

But you don't have to. This community is still here. Just because I disagree with some of your choices doesn't mean I don't care. Instead of staying the way you are, you could make a conscious effort to change, to become more aware of the enjoyment of others in the game, not only your own enjoyment. You could learn. That's one of the really amazing things about SE, honestly - it teaches you so much. I know for a fact I've become more honorable directly because of SE. I keep to my word more. I'm a better critical thinker. I'm more open to other perspectives. All these things directly because of the influence SE has had on me. 

You're not suddenly unwelcome here, Len. That doc wasn't trying to tell you that. It's telling you that your behavior needs to change, sure. And if you don't want to do that, that's fine. But you're not going to be suddenly ostracized. You're not an example of a 'bad' player. (You're still better than a habitual inactive.) You're just one who could be better, and that's what that doc was trying to tell you. 

It's your choice, in the end. Stay, and change and learn and grow, or don't, and stay the way you are. I would be happy to see you stay, but that's your decision to make, not mine. 

5 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

It's your choice, in the end. Stay, and change and learn and grow, or don't, and stay the way you are. I would be happy to see you stay, but that's your decision to make, not mine. 

That's good to hear. I still think that I need a bit of a break, but it is definitely my plan to return (hence the hiatus instead of a total farewell). I'm also considering taking a vow of absolute truthfulness, which would make for no betrayals as well as giving me an challenge to work around when I'm an elim. But for now, adieu.

On January 14, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Elenion said:

That's good to hear. I still think that I need a bit of a break, but it is definitely my plan to return (hence the hiatus instead of a total farewell). I'm also considering taking a vow of absolute truthfulness, which would make for no betrayals as well as giving me an challenge to work around when I'm an elim. But for now, adieu.

I don't think you should make that vow. We can't expect you to answer straight-up "I'm an Elim." And in my opinion, it's fun to be betrayed and look back on it. 

@Assassin in Burgundy Glad you like it; I feel the same way. However, many other players do not share our feelings.

As for alignment questions, I'll PAFO anything of that nature, and may restrict my truthfulness to only  non-thread statements like PMs or Docs. What I would do is commit to players that I wouldn't pass on certain information to anyone, or to a faction that I will give them immediate notice if I'm converted to ___  faction.

On 1/15/2017 at 7:10 PM, A Joe in the Bush said:

Before you go Elenion, I don't suppose I could get Cultivation back? I need it to keep it out of the wrong person's hands. I can offer up Nightblood in trade.

36 minutes ago, Elenion said:

@A Joe in the Bush Okay, deal. Culty for Nightblood.

RP or it didn't happen

:P

1 hour ago, Elenion said:

@A Joe in the Bush Okay, deal. Culty for Nightblood.

Deal.

57 minutes ago, Seonid said:

RP or it didn't happen

:P

Jack grabbed Nightblood off his back and threw it at Mandos's emissary, then grabbed the glowing green power he proffered forth. He ran away from the scene before any takebacks could be offered. Once he was safe, he opened up Cultivation, and pulled out the shard of JOdium that had been kept safe and hidden inside. Good, it was still there, Lorna and the emissary hadn't gotten it.

Quickly he stuffed Jodium back into cultivation, then worldhopped away.

Good enough Seonid? =P

@Elenion Thank you for Odium back!

Edited by A Joe in the Bush