Bard. If we don't get rid of Bard today, I'd want everyone with a kill role (voidbringer, Mistborn) to try and get him tonight. Hoid won't survive multiple attacks. And Survival, if you're supplying Hoid with extra lives, please stop :]

Edited by I_am_a_Stick

3 hours ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

Bard. If we don't get rid of Bard today, I'd want everyone with a kill role (voidbringer, Mistborn) to try and get him tonight. Hoid won't survive multiple attacks. And Survival, if you're supplying Hoid with extra lives, please stop :]

Someone recharge me...

13 hours ago, The Young Bard said:

:( Sorry...

Although... You really think you can kill me? I had protection yesterday... You really think I don't have protection today? Or I won't tonight?

Humans... So predictable. *sigh

I'll let you in on a little secret. Right now, the earliest you can kill me is Night 9 (Well, actually, we can control all the Night kills right now, so Day 10, really, but let's be optimistic her). The game is currently on track to end Night 8. It could end this turn, even, if only @Arinian sides with us in the lynch today. Survival? The quicker this game ends, the less likely it is you're caught in the crosshairs by Odium or someone else. We're promising to make the game end this turn, which is better for both of us.

I think we should kill Dalinar Kholin. I'd put reasoning and all, except I'm kind of an eliminator, and I'm also busy, so I can't be bothered.

I don't see any profit for me in helping you. Not looks like you will win this lynch, also if Len not lied Odium now in hands of village and he lost his win condition. And I doubt that you will waste your kill actions on me cause you have better targets. I just not gonna vote today... there no need for me in it.

6 hours ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

I'm supplying only myself with extra lifes.

It's a trap!

First, let me out myself. I'm an Autonomite, and we have Odium in our faction. Last night, the elims roleblocked my protect on Alv (I'm a Knight Radiant), redirected Odium into Alv, and sniped Doc through a temporary hole in the defense grid. Because of the nature of this, we knew that there was a leak in our faction's info system: nobody but an Autonomite would have known that Doc would have been exposed and that I was protecting Alv. I held this information back until now because I was waiting for authorization to out myself from my teammates.

Secondly, the Bard lynch is too easy. We saw that yesterday: the lynch went along well until Bard just tanked it with Devotion. I think today is going to be the same way: Bard won't die. That's the 17th's plan: get us to waste our lynches on Bard while they get a monopoly on all of the night-kills. Bard is really just a distraction for Dominion.

Thirdly, we Autonomites are fairly sure we know who Dominion is: it's Assassin in Burgundy. The night Alv died was the first Night cycle Assassin was on our team; that's a pretty big 'coincidence'. Secondly, Assassin hasn't said one word in doc the entire time (he hasn't even chosen a color), although the rest of us keep seeing anonymous readers at the same times as Assassin has been active on the Shard. Thirdly, although we know Assassin didn't have Dominion when we converted him, what better place to put your best Shard than in the hands of a player who was hard-cleared to not be a Shard two nights ago?

I know this seems super suspicious, but please trust me. This game depends on it.

51 minutes ago, Elenion said:

It's a trap!

First, let me out myself. I'm an Autonomite, and we have Odium in our faction. Last night, the elims roleblocked my protect on Alv (I'm a Knight Radiant), redirected Odium into Alv, and sniped Doc through a temporary hole in the defense grid. Because of the nature of this, we knew that there was a leak in our faction's info system: nobody but an Autonomite would have known that Doc would have been exposed and that I was protecting Alv. I held this information back until now because I was waiting for authorization to out myself from my teammates.

Secondly, the Bard lynch is too easy. We saw that yesterday: the lynch went along well until Bard just tanked it with Devotion. I think today is going to be the same way: Bard won't die. That's the 17th's plan: get us to waste our lynches on Bard while they get a monopoly on all of the night-kills. Bard is really just a distraction for Dominion.

Thirdly, we Autonomites are fairly sure we know who Dominion is: it's Assassin in Burgundy. The night Alv died was the first Night cycle Assassin was on our team; that's a pretty big 'coincidence'. Secondly, Assassin hasn't said one word in doc the entire time (he hasn't even chosen a color), although the rest of us keep seeing anonymous readers at the same times as Assassin has been active on the Shard. Thirdly, although we know Assassin didn't have Dominion when we converted him, what better place to put your best Shard than in the hands of a player who was hard-cleared to not be a Shard two nights ago?

I know this seems super suspicious, but please trust me. This game depends on it.

First of all- I'm not Dominion. I'm a different Shard. And the reason I'm not on the doc is because I'm always on mobile, so I can't access doc's. 

EDIT: If you lynch me, I reserve the full right to say "I told you so," once the game is over. 

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy

3 hours ago, Elenion said:

It's a trap!

Wow that's interesting... but anyway I not gonna take part in lynch :D

Well I guess I could win the the Automites...potentially...but I assume the Hoidites have used their conversions by now...so I’ll vote with the Automites on Assassin.

Also @Assassin in Burgundy

2 hours ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

First of all- I'm not Dominion. I'm a different Shard.

What shard are you? At this point just saying you aren't Dominion is going to get you killed.

1 hour ago, DroughtBringer said:

Well I guess I could win the the Automites...potentially...but I assume the Hoidites have used their conversions by now...so I’ll vote with the Automites on Assassin.

Also @Assassin in Burgundy

What shard are you? At this point just saying you aren't Dominion is going to get you killed.

^ yeah. Assassin

Nilan Izenry was watching, as was his want. He'd always felt most comfortable as an observer. He'd watched the whole time, as Silverlight had torn itself apart in the search for Hoid.

Nilan barely had to do anything.

He hadn't been completely passive, of course; he'd offered input where necessary, and used his powers as he saw fit, however little of that was obvious to his fellows.

It was the main point upon which he disagreed with his father's policies, really. He had been for too.... active, in the everyday affairs of their profession. Nilan had no intention of becoming a martyr.

The only other point was Ruin. His father had seen it as Ati had: a force of destruction, of ending, of uncreation. That could be Ruin. But Ruin was more than that. Fundamentally, Ruin was change. All change required loss, destruction of some sort, but Ruin was not destruction for destruction's sake. Where one thing ended, another began. Changed, but not eradicated.

See, Ruin's true opposite, true enemy, was Stasis. People oft thought of it as Preservation, but Stasis was a better name. Ruin cannot abide the unchanging, and there is no truer Stasis than emptiness, than absolute destruction. So destruction was not Nilan's purpose today, as he finally made an appearance in Silverlight.

It was time for change.

The air in shadesmar practically boiled with power. Almost three quarters of the Shards in one spot.... There was enough Investiture here to reshape the Cosmere, properly applied. It was only a matter of time, now.

He nodded discreetly to his fellows as he walked Silverlight's winding halls, slowly making his way to their impromptu court. The great stone chamber had been a dining hall at one point, going by his father's memories, but it had become a place of execution in the wake of the first Shardic conflicts.

Serol lounged upon the stand at the far end, somehow managing to make the hard stone seat look comfortable. The other worldhoppers stood uneasily in a rough semicircle around him, waiting, hoping, that the pale white glow of Preservation's Investiture would fade.

Nilan couldn't help but break into a grin, seeing the dismayed scowls on the faces of Autonomy’s followers.

Alright. This has gone on long enough. Let's get the party started. Twin clouds of black smoke gathered around his hands, sparking and crackling as they conflicted with the other powers in the room. Ruin's power surged at his fingertips, straining to be released, to alter, to destroy.

Nilan kept an even pace, walking slowly to the group as silence fell. Without thinking, he waved a hand, dismissing the worldhoppers that were just now beginning to turn. Explosions rippled through the hall, stone shattering as they were thrown from their feet. The shockwave parted around Nilan, barely ruffling his mistcoat.

When the dust settled, only two of the original nine were still standing, flickers of Investiture outlining their frames.

He inclined his head to the man outlined in faint blue. “If you will not help, Arin, it may be best for you to take a step back. You wouldn't want to be caught in the crossfire.”

Survival disappeared in a flash of light, rematerializing leaning against the far wall. The woman in red sneered at the retreating Shard, voice dripping with contempt. “Coward.”

This time when Nilan spoke, his voice was deeper, more resonant. Not loud, but still somehow carrying throughout Silverlight. The voice of a god, come to dispense justice. “Stic. My Lady Odium. We need not have been enemies, but you appear to have left us no choice. As per the traditions of Roshar, your homeworld, I challenge you to single combat, under the Codes.

“What say you? I must admit, I have wondered before which would win in a battle of wills and magics. Perfect Hate, or perfect Destruction. One way or another, this will end today. This began as a conflict of gods; it seems fitting that it should end as one, does it not?”

Below the break was written by Elenion (I'm posting it because he couldn't be online before the turnover); go give him some upvotes. :P

Meanwhile....

Lorna’s mansion burned as the sun set behind it.

It bathed the surrounding landscape in a fiendish light, a patchwork of oranges and blacks, garish lights and lurking shadows. The corpses of several Lifeless were slumped outside, cut down with a blade that had sliced through them as if they were made of nothing. They had fallen without a move, heads severed by a hand that they had once protected.

Inside, in the great hall, yet unburned by the fire, stood an ornate casket that stood open, revealing Lorna’s body. His followers, before abandoning the mansion, had taken great care to ensure that Lorna received a proper ceremony. The figure that now paced back and forth in front of the casket had been among them when they had done it. Next to Lorna’s casket lay a smaller one: Silence’s, the Lifeless Commander.

The pacing figure wore a dark-green cloak, unadorned. Power radiated from the figure like heat from a cooking fire, although nobody was alive to feel its warmth. The whole mansion was vacant. Dead. Just like Lorna and Silence. And the figure that now stood near the two was to blame.

“Do you know, Lorna, why I did it? Why I broke my oath to protect you?

Lorna’s body gave no reply, but the cloaked figure evidently discerned something, for it went on talking to it.

“Your plan for the Cosmere… it was so wasteful. We had all of the potential of the worlds at our disposal, but yet you failed to see it. You only wanted to keep the worlds apart; make them Autonomous.”

The west wall of the great hall groaned ominously. The fires on its other side had weakened it, and soon it would give way, leaving the hall to be consumed with the rest of the mansion. But for now, it held.

“You could have helped us,” the figure spoke louder, angrier, speaking to everything and nothing at the same time, “All that we desired was a new Adonalsic empire!”

The wall groaned again, and shifted, dislodging chunks of rock from the masonry that rolled on the marble floor like so many rough marbles. Smoke seeped in through cracks.

“But now, despite your interference, our dream has been realized.”

The wall groaned one last time and fell inwards. Crumbling stone shattered the marble tiles on the floor of the great hall, and the sun bathed the smoky room in blood-red. The figure near the caskets threw back his hood.

The emissary of Mandos stood stationary, heedless of the crumbling stone that skittered across the floor all around him. His hand extended and a Shardblade materialized. No, not a Shardblade, a Shardscythe. The weapon of Cultivation.

“The time of the harvest has come, old friend. It is time for the Worldhoppers to reap what they have sown.”

And, on that note, Stic. Assassin. Numbers aren't quite right for the game to end now, but they will be after tonight. :D 

LG29: Finale

The air in Silverlight crackled with tension. The witchhunt for Hoid had been going on for too long, and the strain was showing in the eyes of everyone there. Khrissala had opened the doors for the first time since the ill-fated celebration, and the Hall of Justice was in session.

“First of the Game,” she said in her implacable voice. “You stand charged with aiding and abetting the terrorist organization known as the 17th Shard. How do you plead?”

First’s voice trembled a little. “Not guilty, your honor.”

“Then let the prosecution bring it’s case forward.”

The trial was brief. The emissary of Mandos brought forward convincing evidence that the accused held a Shard, stolen from one of the Sixteen - probably murdered. The only organization known to be pursuing Shards was the followers of the Wanderer. The Shard was almost certainly Dominion, known to have forcibly directed the power of Odium at Lorna.

It was almost a formality. With the tension among the worldhoppers, even the formality of a trial was no protection. If the Hall of Justice had found him innocent, he would have been lynched by a mob. Fear ruled now, and only the thinnest lines stood between order and chaos.

As the bailiffs took him away, he screamed out. “You have the wrong person! I follow Autonomy, not Hoid! And I don’t have Dominion!” He began to twist away from their grip, Shardic power shining out of him.

“Not today, traitor!” The emissary of Mandos stretched his hand out, and his own Shardic power snapped out of him, blocking First as he tried to escape. Shardblades flashed, and it was over.

“Well, that was exciting, wasn’t it?” Mandos’ emissary turned around. “For a last verdict from this court, though, it was a little bit anticlimactic.”

Khriss turned towards him, eyes widening in horror. From behind her, Serol walked in. All of his illusions were thrown aside, and his white hair and wizened features were clearly identifiable. Hoid had returned. Behind him came Ralar and Nilan, the power of Endowment, Dominion, and Ruin blazing. The emissary turned, revealing Cultivation’s Shardscythe. Sam Trudite and Aralis slammed the doors shut, trapping the court and assembled worldhoppers inside.

The Shard of Honor slowly coalesced from the burnt-out body of First. “Aralis, I believe that that is rightfully yours.” Serol smiled. “And if not, we still need it.” Aralis smiled. “Finally. It’s been a little bit too long.”

Khriss turned around again, furious. “You will not get away with this, villain!”

Hoid smiled at her. “I already have.” A flash of power from Nilan,and Khrissala, Steward of the Shards in Silverlight, fell to the ground, unconscious. Nilen raised his fist, but Serol stopped him. “We’ll need her knowledge to reassemble Adonalsium. She may not give it willingly, of course, but that doesn’t change the fact that we need it.”

He looked out over the assembled worldhoppers. The last of the active Shards he needed were in this room. Finally, he had done it. Finally, he had brought the power together under a single purpose. All that remained was to reassemble God. How hard could that be?

First of the Game (Assassin) has been lynched! He was the Vessel of Honor!

The game is over. The 17th Shard wins! Survival has also won!

Great game, everyone! I enjoyed GMing this one, even if it was quite complicated. It was a much more tense game than it might have looked from the outside. Tune in to my next Long Game to see the next installment in the epic saga of Adonalsium’s renewal!

To forestall questions, I have chosen to ignore long-term inactives for purposes of counting outnumbering.

Vote Count: >Assassin (6): Dalinar, DroughtBringer, Araris, Aonar, Len, Bard

Bard (3): Assassin, Stick, Rubiks

Player List:
1. Assassin in Burgundy - First of the Game Vessel of Honor
2. Master Elodin - Second of the Signups Champion of Odium, Devotion (shattered)

3. Jondesu - Quintus 17th Shard Worldhopper
4. AliasSheep - Kelen Taldar Returned
5. Darkness Ascendant - Kaldain Selblessed Vessel
6. A Joe in the Bush - Jack Tormander Returned Agent of Autonomy

7. Doc12 - Silence Lifeless Commander
8. Kynedath - Desten Kyde Mistborn

9. TheMightyLopen - Kaloo Vessel of Odium
10. Straw - Malum Farcimen Vessel
11. Young Bard - Serol Hoid
12. Magestar - Magestar Vessel of Endowment, Preservation (shattered)
13. Alvron - Lorna Vessel of Autonomy
14. Dalinar Kholin - Sanya Worldhopper, *Name redacted*(shattered)
15. Harambe - PUNisher Elantrian
16. I_am_a_Stick - Stic Vessel of Odium

17. RubiksCube - cubefright archive Investigator
18. DroughtBringer - Ralar Vessel of Dominion, Endowment

19. Araris Valerian - Aralis Vessel
20. Arinian - Arinian Vessel of Survival
21. Zephrer - Tardeick Mastrell
22. Conquestor - Farallen Oniz Vessel of Preservation
23. Sart - Sam Trudite Returned
24. Aonar Faileas - Nilan Izenry Vessel of Ruin
25. Elenion - emissary of Mandos Vessel of Cultivation, Knight Radiant
26. Kasimir - Tenth of the Dusk Forger

Edited by Alvron

That was a very enjoyable game.  Thank you Seonid and El for running it.  I really enjoyed being given both Cultivation and Odium.  I was however most sad that I died right at the end.  I was perfectly willing to work with the Hoidites as long as Hoid died but sadly the one mole, which I worked out too late, chose not to reveal themselves to us.  Ah well, next time maybe.