A bit of info on a secret role aligned with the village.

Abilities:

Base ability: (while shattered) Each night turn you may target a player. If that player dies than they turn into a Shade.

Shardic ability: (when unshattered) Once per turn you may send a 100 word message to a dead player. They can send a 100 word message back.

Investment: (when unshattered) Your investee ignores a random action targeted at them.

25 minutes ago, DroughtBringer said:

Like direct violent...or subtle violent?

...um

EDIT: I may have somewhat  possibly have maybe been the one who might have finally sort of killed Manukos, or Harambe at the time. But it took two to kill him (not saying I was that person) since he was protected. 

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy

46 minutes ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

...um

EDIT: I may have somewhat  possibly have maybe been the one who might have finally sort of killed Manukos, or Harambe at the time. But it took two to kill him (not saying I was that person) since he was protected. 

Huh. I'll convert you tonight, and pass you a bunch of charges to power your Voidbringing. You get to sit back, send in orders, and enjoy the ride. Sound good? :)

After all, you do want to be on the winning side, don't you?

45 minutes ago, The Young Bard said:

Huh. I'll convert you tonight, and pass you a bunch of charges to power your Voidbringing. You get to sit back, send in orders, and enjoy the ride. Sound good? :)

After all, you do want to be on the winning side, don't you?

What side is that?

Just now, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Oh. Um. I can't resist this change, right? Well. Um. Please don't kill me. 

He's probably just bluffing. It's doubtful that he's even got a conversion left, much less one that he would be willing to use on a player who he just told everyone that he would convert.

2 minutes ago, Elenion said:

He's probably just bluffing. It's doubtful that he's even got a conversion left, much less one that he would be willing to use on a player who he just told everyone that he would convert.

So you aren't going to kill me?

EDIT: (Honor plz protect me just in case)

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy

So you aren't going to kill me?

Where'd you get that idea?

Even if I wanted to, I don't even have Odium anymore. :D Holding onto it would be like waving a big flag and saying "Come on, Dominion! Redirect my kill onto myself!". I passed it off to minimize risk.

LG29: Day 8 - Shattered Dreams

Odium watched his prey, quietly, hidden. There was only one reason anyone would come to this unforsaken region of the Cosmere - to lie in wait for some unsuspecting target. In his eyes, he was just returning the favor.

A light tap on his shoulder startled him. He brought his Shardic awareness down into his corporeal form, to see a majestic figure towering over him. He readied his power to blast the arrogant fool who had dared interrupt him, and then the vision of greatness spoke. The Lord of Hate listened in rapt attention.

When it was finished, he knew what he had to do.

The broken body of Lorna lay on the floor of the opulent summer home - one of the finest on Sel. Odium looked up from the scene, watching the Shattered remnants of a Shard unleash their raging energies on the Cognitive Realm. “Have I done well, master?”

But the majestic visage that had guided him was gone.

Silence tinkered in his workshop, surrounded by vats of ichor alcohol and a full platoon of Lifeless. He was so absorbed in his work that he hardly noticed when his door exploded. That was unfortunate, he later thought, because it meant that his reaction time wasn’t quite enough.

An exploding door would normally be cause for concern - perhaps less so in a laboratory, but perhaps even more so. Generally, doors were not meant to explode, at least in his experience. It took him nearly three seconds to turn and realize that two masked and robed figures had burst into his home.

Now, a casual onlooker - he thought - might have noted that two individuals breaking into the home of such a well-guarded individual was implausible. After all, a platoon of Lifeless - armed, of course, with the most powerful gunpowder weapons imported from Taldain and Scadrial - was a fearsome and implacable foe, and all it took was a single word to set them in motion. These were not ordinary Lifeless, either, but infused with Investiture from half-a-dozen Shardworlds. They had even been proven powerful enough to intervene against the full power of a Shard; at least, long enough for the person they had protected to escape.

Silence reflected on his surprise when, upon opening his mouth to utter the command word, he had found that the air between his jaws had abruptly solidified. In retrospect, it might not have been the greatest of ideas to put the lynchpin of the entire protective arrangement in the hands of a distractible researcher. But what was a worldhopper to do? Hire someone else to do it for them?

He reached for a pencil and paper to jot it down before abruptly remembering that he was now dead. At least, he was pretty sure of it. There had been pain, and agony, and watching his body dissolved by the pure power of entropy. He was pretty sure that death was the next step. Looking down at what had once remained of his body, Silence sighed inaudibly. Then, he moved on through the Cognitive Realm, waiting for whatever came next.

Lorna (Alvron) has been killed! His role and alignment will be revealed when he pases to the Spiritual Realm!

Silence (Doc12) has been killed! His role and alignment will be revealed when he pases to the Spiritual Realm!

The Shard of Autonomy has been Shattered!

Day 8 has begun, and will end in about 48 hours.

gre_1484341200.png

Player List:
1. Assassin in Burgundy - First of the Game
2. Master Elodin - Second of the Signups
3. Jondesu - Quintus 17th Shard Worldhopper
4. AliasSheep - Kelen Taldar Returned
5. Darkness Ascendant - Kaldain Selblessed
6. A Joe in the Bush - Jack Tormander Returned Agent of Autonomy
7. Doc12 - Silence
8. Kynedath - Desten Kyde Mistborn
9. TheMightyLopen - Kaloo Vessel of Odium
10. Straw - Malum Farcimen
11. Young Bard - Serol
12. Magestar - Magestar Vessel of Endowment, Preservation (shattered)
13. Alvron - Lorna
14. Dalinar Kholin - Sanya
15. Harambe - PUNisher Elantrian
16. I_am_a_Stick - Stic
17. RubiksCube - cubefright archive
18. DroughtBringer - Ralar
19. Araris Valerian - Aralis
20. Arinian - Arinian
21. Zephrer - Tardeick
22. Conquestor - Farallen Oniz Vessel of Preservation
23. Sart - Sam Trudite
24. Aonar Faileas - Nilan Izenry
25. Elenion - emissary of Mandos
26. Kasimir - Tenth of the Dusk

Edited by Alvron

First of the Game woke to a pounding headache. He blinked, rubbed his eyes, and smiled. He held out his hand, and-

Nothing. 

Bard had lied. He would not give him special powers. He was just a plain trapper from First of the Sun. Nothing special. As that one worldhopper, the Emissiary of Mandos, had told him. 

Still, it hurt anyway. But the feeling of a rope around his neck would hurt Bard far more. 

1 hour ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

First of the Game woke to a pounding headache. He blinked, rubbed his eyes, and smiled. He held out his hand, and-

Nothing. 

Bard had lied. He would not give him special powers. He was just a plain trapper from First of the Sun. Nothing special. As that one worldhopper, the Emissiary of Mandos, had told him. 

Still, it hurt anyway. But the feeling of a rope around his neck would hurt Bard far more. 

:( Sorry...

Although... You really think you can kill me? I had protection yesterday... You really think I don't have protection today? Or I won't tonight?

Humans... So predictable. *sigh

I'll let you in on a little secret. Right now, the earliest you can kill me is Night 9 (Well, actually, we can control all the Night kills right now, so Day 10, really, but let's be optimistic her). The game is currently on track to end Night 8. It could end this turn, even, if only @Arinian sides with us in the lynch today. Survival? The quicker this game ends, the less likely it is you're caught in the crosshairs by Odium or someone else. We're promising to make the game end this turn, which is better for both of us.

I think we should kill Dalinar Kholin. I'd put reasoning and all, except I'm kind of an eliminator, and I'm also busy, so I can't be bothered.

Edited by The Young Bard
Forgot to put in my actual vote (oops...)

35 minutes ago, The Young Bard said:

:( Sorry...

Although... You really think you can kill me? I had protection yesterday... You really think I don't have protection today? Or I won't tonight?

Humans... So predictable. *sigh

I'll let you in on a little secret. Right now, the earliest you can kill me is Night 9 (Well, actually, we can control all the Night kills right now, so Day 10, really, but let's be optimistic her). The game is currently on track to end Night 8. It could end this turn, even, if only @Arinian sides with us in the lynch today. Survival? The quicker this game ends, the less likely it is you're caught in the crosshairs by Odium or someone else. We're promising to make the game end this turn, which is better for both of us.

I think we should kill Dalinar Kholin. I'd put reasoning and all, except I'm kind of an eliminator, and I'm also busy, so I can't be bothered.

So basically you're offering a quick end if we let you win?

So basically you're offering a quick end if we let you win?

I'm offering a quick win with Survival if they help us win. With him, and the inactives, we can win this lynch even without me protecting myself, which will end the game.