LG29: Night 6 - Death of a Sleeper

The mob of worldhoppers struck again, this time on Roshar. Desten Kyde had been missing for ages, and the worldhoppers slowly became obsessed with hunting him down. After all, what else could it possibly mean but that he was working with the Wanderer. Or with Odium. Or somebody unsavory. Anyways, he had to die, and that was all that mattered.

They eventually found him in a back alley on Roshar. Wary, the spies waited for more than a week, but he didn’t move. One of them slowly walked into the alley, watching carefully for traps, then checking for illusions. Desten didn’t stir. He crept closer, until he was standing mere feet away from the sleeping form. Desten didn’t stir. The spy coughed loudly, then walked over to him. Desten didn’t stir. He was shaken roughly, and slapped on the face, and still he didn’t stir.

Finally, with a grunt of disgust, the spy plunged a dagger into his heart, and Desten never stirred again.

Sam Trudite (Sart) has died! His role and alignment will be revealed once he passes to the Spiritual Realm

Desten Kyde (Kynedath) was lynched! His role and alignment will be revealed once he passes to the Spiritual Realm

Magestar (Magestar) has passed to the Spiritual Realm. He was the Vessel of Endowment and the holder of the Shattered Shard of Preservation!

Night 6 has begun, and will end in about 23 hours.

blu_1483909200.png

Vote Count:
Doc (1): Alvron
Kynedath (7): Assassin, Bard, Stick, DroughtBringer, Arinian, Sart, Len
Alvron (1): Dalinar
Len (1): Araris

Player List:
1. Assassin in Burgundy - First of the Game
2. Master Elodin - Second of the Signups
3. Jondesu - Quintus 17th Shard Worldhopper
4. AliasSheep - Kelen Taldar Returned
5. Darkness Ascendant - Kaldain Selblessed
6. A Joe in the Bush - Jack Tormander Returned Agent of Autonomy
7. Doc12 - Silence
8. Kynedath - Desten Kyde
9. TheMightyLopen - Kaloo Vessel of Odium
10. Straw - Malum Farcimen
11. Young Bard - Serol
12. Magestar - Magestar Vessel of Endowment, Preservation (shattered)
13. Alvron - Lorna
14. Dalinar Kholin - Sanya
15. Harambe - PUNisher Elantrian
16. I_am_a_Stick - Stic
17. RubiksCube - cubefright archive
18. DroughtBringer - Ralar
19. Araris Valerian - Aralis
20. Arinian - Arinian
21. Zephrer - Tardeick
22. Conquestor - Farallen Oniz Vessel of Preservation
23. Sart - Sam Trudite
24. Aonar Faileas - Nilan Izenry
25. Elenion - emissary of Mandos
26. Kasimir - Tenth of the Dusk

Edited by Alvron

Rules Clarifications:

An ability granted or powered by a passable item (such as a Shard or a charge of stolen investiture) can be used on the round it is passed if:

1 - the ability occurs before or concurrently with passing the item in the OoA, and

2 - the player has put in an order that would use such an item

An ability granted or powered by a passable or grantable item (such as a charge of stolen investiture, a Shard, or the items granted by Cultivation's or a Returned's ability) can be used on the turn that the player receives an item if:

1 - the ability occurs after passing/granting the item in the Order of Actions (hereafter referred to as OoA), and

2 - the player has already put in an order that would use such an item

This one's an old one, but I forgot to put it out here: Dominion cannot force another player to pass a Shard.

Edited by Seonid

1 minute ago, Elenion said:

Seonid, was the cycle title a parody of Death of a Salesman?

Well,  it looks like I was wrong about Mage.  Badly wrong. @Arinian When/how did Endowment say he trusted Mage?

I believe he was referring to Mage's claim to have been Invested by Endowment (which was true, obviously). Endowment trusted Mage because Endowment was Mage.

1 hour ago, Elenion said:

I didn't think about Endowment Investing in themself...  interesting.

If Honor invested in themself, would they gain 2 protects?

No, because they wouldn't be able to use their Shardic ability.

9 hours ago, Elenion said:

Seonid, was the cycle title a parody of Death of a Salesman?

Well,  it looks like I was wrong about Mage.  Badly wrong. @Arinian When/how did Endowment say he trusted Mage?

Aonar's answer right I asked Mage why Endowment believed him to invest. Also I don't like what happens in this game inactivity from normal jumped to damnation really high inactivity.

Also something wrong with post edit It  automaticaly changes damnation  d a m n a t i o n a t i o n a t i o n (it's killing me) on damnation. Damnation "facepalm".

Also looks like Sart was poisoned by Kynedath really weird situation.

Edited by Arinian

2 hours ago, Arinian said:

Aonar's answer right I asked Mage why Endowment believed him to invest. Also I don't like what happens in this game inactivity from normal jumped to damnation really high inactivity.

Also something wrong with post edit It  automaticaly changes damnation  d a m n a t i o n a t i o n a t i o n a t i o n (it's killing me) on damnation. Damnation "facepalm".

Also looks like Sart was poisoned by Kynedath really weird situation.

You have just encountered the 17th Shard's very persistent word filter. :P Frequently when one sees words like "Damnation," "Chull," "Crem" or "Storms," they are not, in fact, the words they appear to be. :P

The write-up made it sound like Sart was a Feruchemist, which seems to have proven true given that he died now.

2 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Unless you're Len, in which case you actually do type the Sanderson exclamations.

Arin, Sart claimed Feruchemist because last Day he said he'd be dying at the end of the cycle.

Oh I forgot that Feruchemist dying later if attacked by Shard.

LG29: Day 7 - Plan Odious Ruination: Failure to Execute

Hatred. Overpowering, blind, all-consuming hate. That was all there was, in the world. All that could exist. Nothing else mattered to Serol. There was nothing else. Just the feeling of crimson hatred, surrounding him, drowning him. Something, someone, Hated him. A hatred so overpowering that he could feel nothing else, not even his own emotions, so real that he could not but hate himself, too. It grew and grew, suffocating him until he thought he would die from the agony. 

Then… something pulled away. Attention shifted, or something within him changed - he couldn’t tell. All he knew was that the Hatred was gone. And he had survived. 

Silence stood in the darkness, and listened. He’d been in this cavern for a while, watching and waiting. Perhaps it was time to emerge into the sunlight again. The night was quiet, across the worlds, though the dangers of the Cosmere were quietly moving forward with their plans. For now, though, it seemed safe. 

Slowly, carefully, he walked towards the mouth of the cave, watching the light grow brighter until he stood before the boundary on the ground between shadows and true sunlight. 

Cautiously, he stepped over the line. 

There was an explosion of sound and blackness, and a body shoved him backwards, covering him from the brunt of the blast. 

When he awoke hours later, there was no sign of what had happened except for the lifeless destroyed on him (and dripping ichor-alcohol everywhere). 

Apparently it wasn’t quite safe yet. 

Sam had died. He'd lay there, watching his life slowly peter out, unable to do anything. 

Then... color, light wonder, joy, awe. Endowment. He remembered... snatches. Multicolored, iridescent eyes. A glimpse into his future and what it would entail. A purpose. 

He awoke, lying on the ground where he had been left. The colors were already fading, but he remembered enough. He knew what he had been, and what he was. 

He had become Returned. 

No one died! 
Bard was attacked, but survived!
Doctor was attacked, but survived! 
Sart was returned!

Day 7 has begun. It will end in 48 hours. 
blu_1484082000.png

Player List:
1. Assassin in Burgundy - First of the Game
2. Master Elodin - Second of the Signups
3. Jondesu - Quintus 17th Shard Worldhopper
4. AliasSheep - Kelen Taldar Returned
5. Darkness Ascendant - Kaldain Selblessed
6. A Joe in the Bush - Jack Tormander Returned Agent of Autonomy
7. Doc12 - Silence
8. Kynedath - Desten Kyde
9. TheMightyLopen - Kaloo Vessel of Odium
10. Straw - Malum Farcimen
11. Young Bard - Serol
12. Magestar - Magestar Vessel of Endowment, Preservation (shattered)
13. Alvron - Lorna
14. Dalinar Kholin - Sanya
15. Harambe - PUNisher Elantrian[/b]
16. I_am_a_Stick - Stic
17. RubiksCube - cubefright archive
18. DroughtBringer - Ralar
19. Araris Valerian - Aralis
20. Arinian - Arinian
21. Zephrer - Tardeick
22. Conquestor - Farallen Oniz Vessel of Preservation
23. Sart - Sam Trudite
24. Aonar Faileas - Nilan Izenry