17 minutes ago, DroughtBringer said:

Dominion? There isn't a shard of domination...and what would Dominion do as part of the 17th that is bad? You Shardic Action isn't overly useful, especially if Dominion can find someone else like a kill role to cut down our numbers...I don't really see what he would do to you.

He can't redirect my investment? Cause I think that he can and +2 lifes(if he will use my investment on Hoid it's really strong). And I always thought that shard called Domination :D.

Edited by Arinian

5 hours ago, Doc12 said:

1. Elenion's claim of being an Elantrian

I have to say, this is convincing evidence. Seeing as no one else is refuting his claim of changing those two votes, and those two vote changes are consistent with the targets he has been attacking, added to the fact that his life was on the line in both lynches, this makes me believe that he is telling the truth about being an Elantrian. On the second part of his claim, I also have to find myself agreeing. If it was him that moved the votes to Mage, then he has chosen to remove Preservation from the game. It still could be a gambit, the 17th having chosen to forsake that primary win con, but at this stage in the game, it makes no sense for one of them to decide to burn the bridges for that first win con. For that reason, I don't think I can accuse Len of being 17th anymore. 

While it might be convincing evidence, its kinda unlikely for there to be two Elantrians in the game. The real player behind the votes might just have decided not to refute his claims maybe? But I don't see why'd they do that..but still

5 hours ago, Doc12 said:

2. Speaking of the Mage lynch, I believe that those who voted on Mage are soft-cleared of being 17th, mostly with the same reasoning that it still doesn't make sense for the 17th to forcibly deny themselves their primary, easier win condition. Mage had made it very clear he had Preservation, and so I'm inclined to look more favorably on those who voted on him.

I think that depends on Mage's alignment, which is yet to be revealed 

15 hours ago, Elenion said:

Stick: Has been a consistent voter from what I've seen, especially against Mage, where she voted on him in the Lopen lynch and this last lynch. Always seems to join existing bandwagons, though, so could be an elim bussing others or following the crowd. If Mage turns out evil (which I think he was), my trust of Stick will increase strongly. Suspiciousness: 4.5

If I wanted to join bandwagons, I would've voted on you along with most of the other players >> 

56 minutes ago, Arinian said:

He can't redirect my investment? Cause I think that he can and +2 lifes(if he will use my investment on Hoid it's really strong). And I always thought that shard called Domination :D.

Investments are day actions, shardic ability is a night action, he couldn't control the investment...you're good.

Hmm... well, the Aonar lynch puttered out. However, I think I have a better candidate for a lynch. Kynedath. Now I know what you're saying, Kynedath is inactive. I was thinking the same thing too, until I checked the Mid-Range game. He's been posting there, and yet remains strangely quiet in this game. I'm paranoid of that. Several players have stated that he is inactive, so if he's Hoid or 17th Shard, we should have a good suspect pool to draw on. I know this isn't the greatest evidence, but I want to hear from him at the very least.

Len - you're right - I have been more inactive lately, rather than less as I'd originally thought. I apologize for that. Part of that is due to unforssen RL stuff coming up, and part of it is just my own laziness, procrastination and nervousness of acting with so little information. This one Cycle delay in information is really throwing me - normally I think I'd have more of an idea as to what's going on, but I have almost no clue. We've actually had a surprisingly low number of deaths (what with only Odium and Ruin intermittently killing), and with the one cycle delay, its even worse. I feel starved of information - but I'll give it a shot :P

1. Assassin in Burgundy - First of the Game
Bandwagonned easily just then, but in general seems relatively uncertain about what's going on. I think if they were an Eliminator, judging from LG25, I think they'd probably hide until it was time to bandwagon at the very last cycle, which its not time for yet, so I'm slightly less suspicious of them for that... But only slightly. Too little to tell. I'd say weak suspicion, mainly because I can't always follow their train of thought in voting habits.

2. Master Elodin - Second of the Signups
Don't think they're an Eliminator. They were under scrutiny towards the beginning of the game, and I feel like they reacted as village Elodin would. I think they'd have been a bit more... forceful in their arguments?

3. Jondesu - Quintus 17th Shard Worldhopper
Died too early for any connections to be made :/ I looked through Night 1 again, and very little comment was made about Jondesu's death. Didn't especially associate with anyone, nobody seemed to push for their revival... In short, theres nothing here to incriminate anyone else, so far as I can see.

4. AliasSheep - Kelen Taldar Returned
Held Devotion. Didn't have any particularly strong views in thread, before apparently using his Breath up for something. Did he say anything to the people in his World PM about his intentions? Who else was with him?

5. Darkness Ascendant - Kaldain Selblessed
Inactive. Too little to tell. At least we know they're not lurking and sending in orders - they haven't even been online. Leave them alive - I don't honestly think we can afford 

6. A Joe in the Bush - Jack Tormander Returned Agent of Autonomy
I don't understand why Joe was converted to Autonomy, knowing he would commit suicide. The only thing I can think of is that Auto thought Joe had information. Maybe Auto thought Joe was 17th Shard, and therefore knew who the Shards were? In which case, I strongly suspect Auto is someone who voted on Joe Day 1. Which coincides with what... someone, sorry I've forgotten who you are, said when they accused Alv of being Autonomy. That's all I could get from here.

7. Doc12 - Silence
I've had a bad gut read developing on Doc over the last Cycle or two - I really should have posted before, but I've been busy. I'd like to do a more detailed post analysing Doc's posts... but not right now. Probably one of my top picks for the lynch right now. Either they're a Hoidite or possibly an Automite at best, I think. I find it highly unlikely that they're village.

8. Kynedath - Desten Kyde
Inactive Lurker. I'd be OK with killing them, but they said in MR19 that they were on mobile and had RL stuff, so wasn't doing many posts, or lengthy ones. That could explain his behaviour here too.

9. TheMightyLopen - Kaloo Vessel of Odium
I also had a relative village read on Lopen. I think Lopen's too good a player to have an obvious champion. Odium, whoever you are, I think the only chance you have of completing your win con right now is to work with the village against the Hoidites.

10. Straw - Malum Farcimen
Errr... I think they were pretty clearly the Threnody Shard, by the looks of things. Assuming the Threnody Shard didn't have it's own alignment, they're village.

11. Young Bard - Serol
Slightly inactive - will probably work things out 'eventually'... *sigh

12. Magestar - Magestar
I'll wait to see Mage's info after it's revealed in the writeup to talk about this. I could break down and explain what it means if Mage were in every faction, but I think I could do better things with my time. One thing I find interesting is that Mage died and then Odium starting killing again - I think it very possible that Mage could have been the Champion of Honor to Lopen, and recieved it after he died. When he passed on, it was moved again and given to someone who actually killed.

13. Alvron - Lorna
I agree that Alv is probably Autonomy. Which makes me very nervous, but the Hoidites are the bigger threat at the moment, so I'm hoping that we can side through mutual necessity. Alv, I never thought I'd ask this, but any pieces of information you could reveal, that would be very valuable right now.

14. Dalinar Kholin - Sanya
Posted just then in response to a claim of inactivity - they didn't contribute one line of discussion.

15. Harambe - PUNisher Elantrian
Nothing that I can see to be learned from this, unfortunately, except that Harambe is a particularly chaotic player.

16. I_am_a_Stick - Stic
Not much to say here except a mild gut good read? Dunno.

17. RubiksCube - cubefright archive
Not enough to go on, unfortunately. I haven't noticed them playing especially different to how they usually do, but I think it's possible they are an eliminator. Neutral.

18. DroughtBringer - Ralar
They've been playing well this game - I don't know if that's a sign that they're getting help, or if I'm just growing paranoid. If this is their own playstyle, then they'll be a player to watch in the future. Weak suspicion.

19. Araris Valerian - Aralis
Difficult to tell. Araris has always kept their cards close to their chest. I think they might be slightly more inclined to post either more or less if they were an Eliminator, and I haven't seen either so much, so... Neutral, with a slight evil bias due to paranoia, knowing I probably couldn't catch them if they were an Elim or an Automite.

20. Arinian - Arinian
Dunno... Arinian, have you claimed Survival to anyone before this Cycle, like was suggested by Joe? I was in your World PM's the last... 3(?) cycles, and you didn't claim there. I understand being afraid of Odium, but Survival is the easy claim role when you're about to get lynched.

21. Zephrer - Tardeick
True inactive. Let them lie - lynching them won't solve anything, except having one less villager to count to the eliminator win con, I imagine.

22. Conquestor - Farallen Oniz Vessel of Preservation
Conq's death combined with Sheeps, to me, made me think that Odium was working with the Hoidites, because otherwise it was a very lucky guess. But... there's no sign of further co-operation, which gives me hope.

23. Sart - Sam Trudite
Hmmm... I'm slightly suspicious that Sart didn't mention the attack... With the write-up, I think Sart sounds like a Feruchemist. Is that right, Sart?

24. Aonar Faileas - Nilan Izenry
Paranoia + Lurkishness makes gives me a slight elim read. Dunno.

25. Elenion - emissary of Mandos
I do think Len isn't a Hoidite, assuming they're telling the truth about causing Preservation to leave the game. They still could be an Automite or an Odiumite, but they're not my primary concern right now.

26. Kasimir - Tenth of the Dusk
Uhhh... could definitely be evil... Again, someone who I'm slightly paranoid over because I know I couldn't catch them if they were an Eliminator.

Pheww.... That took a while. And I didn't find someone to vote for... I think Doc is probably my best bet, but I don't want to do all the analysis now for that, so I'll put a placeholder vote on Kynedath as well until I've prepared my analysis post on Doc. I should get to that in about 8-10 hours or so at most.

4 hours ago, Arinian said:

Not sure that I should pass my Shard, I think I will keep it and hope that atleast Champion of Honor will protect me. Only reason for me to pass Shard it's if Domination in hands of 17th Shard.

Also about Aonar. Reasons why I'm focused on him cause I've seen him many times viewing thread but no any impact from him in this game, looked like that he just trying to stay in shadows not to be target for someone, also I just don't like lurking style to play game it's not helps village so why he should stay alive if he not helpful. Also someone tried to invest in me this night(don't know if that useful info but maybe someone can see something in that).

I take offence to this. Just because I'm viewing the thread doesn't mean I'm going to post; sometimes I'm busy with other things, (Like the fact that my English teacher is an utter incompetent, so upon realizing that they hadn't taught over a third of the course material, assigned it all over winter break. >>) sometimes there just isn't a point. I am trying to stay caught up and be helpful, however. It's not like I'm going to be getting game-changing roles, or conclusions or evidence all the time. (Although, ironically...)

I think I know who Cultivation is, and odds are, if I've figured it out, so has the 17th Shard. I'm not going to reveal quite yet, but they might be worth lynching, as if the 17th had a conversion left last night, I'll be willing to bet that they were the one converted...

1 hour ago, The Young Bard said:

Held Devotion. Didn't have any particularly strong views in thread, before apparently using his Breath up for something. Did he say anything to the people in his World PM about his intentions? Who else was with him?

I was on Scadrial with sheep last cycle, along with Aonar and Araris. Sheep was in the Cog Realm for the night turn, and didn't say anything at all in the Day turn, when he was returned. Don't know about last night though 

1 hour ago, Aonar Faileas said:

I take offence to this. Just because I'm viewing the thread doesn't mean I'm going to post; sometimes I'm busy with other things, (Like the fact that my English teacher is an utter incompetent, so upon realizing that they hadn't taught over a third of the course material, assigned it all over winter break. >>) sometimes there just isn't a point. I am trying to stay caught up and be helpful, however. It's not like I'm going to be getting game-changing roles, or conclusions or evidence all the time. (Although, ironically...)

I think I know who Cultivation is, and odds are, if I've figured it out, so has the 17th Shard. I'm not going to reveal quite yet, but they might be worth lynching, as if the 17th had a conversion left last night, I'll be willing to bet that they were the one converted...

Okay, sorry not tried to offence you. Len Kynedath

Edited by Arinian

2 hours ago, The Young Bard said:

6. A Joe in the Bush - Jack Tormander Returned Agent of Autonomy
I don't understand why Joe was converted to Autonomy, knowing he would commit suicide. The only thing I can think of is that Auto thought Joe had information. Maybe Auto thought Joe was 17th Shard, and therefore knew who the Shards were? In which case, I strongly suspect Auto is someone who voted on Joe Day 1. Which coincides with what... someone, sorry I've forgotten who you are, said when they accused Alv of being Autonomy. That's all I could get from here.

9. TheMightyLopen - Kaloo Vessel of Odium
I also had a relative village read on Lopen. I think Lopen's too good a player to have an obvious champion. Odium, whoever you are, I think the only chance you have of completing your win con right now is to work with the village against the Hoidites.

10. Straw - Malum Farcimen
Errr... I think they were pretty clearly the Threnody Shard, by the looks of things. Assuming the Threnody Shard didn't have it's own alignment, they're village.

13. Alvron - Lorna
I agree that Alv is probably Autonomy. Which makes me very nervous, but the Hoidites are the bigger threat at the moment, so I'm hoping that we can side through mutual necessity. Alv, I never thought I'd ask this, but any pieces of information you could reveal, that would be very valuable right now.

20. Arinian - Arinian
Dunno... Arinian, have you claimed Survival to anyone before this Cycle, like was suggested by Joe? I was in your World PM's the last... 3(?) cycles, and you didn't claim there. I understand being afraid of Odium, but Survival is the easy claim role when you're about to get lynched.

22. Conquestor - Farallen Oniz Vessel of Preservation
Conq's death combined with Sheeps, to me, made me think that Odium was working with the Hoidites, because otherwise it was a very lucky guess. But... there's no sign of further co-operation, which gives me hope.

23. Sart - Sam Trudite
Hmmm... I'm slightly suspicious that Sart didn't mention the attack... With the write-up, I think Sart sounds like a Feruchemist. Is that right, Sart?

I believe that Sheep gave up his life to roleblock me.  I was roleblocked and I like to think it was Sheep but if another wishes to lay claim to the deed then please speak up.

The only ones to vote on Joe D1 were Sheep and Lopen.  Both are now dead.  As for why Joe was made an Agent even when he was going to kill himself, I can only theorize that it was for the location of Cultivation.  Or maybe in the hopes that either Odium or Hoid would also Convert them opening up communications between the sides.

Lopen didn't have a Champ at the start of D4.  He could've and likely did make one once he saw he was about to be lynched.  At least that's what I would've done.  That or send it to an Inactive so it stays hidden for a couple of cycles before going to another player and there has been a couple of people coming out of Inactivity this last cycle.....

The {Redacted} Shard may or may not exist.  I for one have seen no sign of it being in use.  All those that die have passed on at their appointed time.

Why are you nervous about me possibly being a neutral Shard?  If I am Auto then killing Hoid is in my best interest as they are the only one that cannot be converted.  Killing Hoid is also good for the village.  Only a Hoidite wouldn't want Hoid to die.  As for valuable information, I have none.  So far I have only found some people that can't be Hoid.  Hoid himself eludes me.

A Survival claim is interesting given that Odium is clearly still out there killing.  @Arinian why did you claim so when there were only two votes on you?

Not possible unless Lopen lied to me.  This may sound immodest but I don't think he could lie that well for me not pick up that something was off.  I was very careful in my questioning.  Lopen claimed that he was using his Investment ability to find those with Shards as they couldn't be Invested.  Sheep also confirmed that he received a failed Investment on the same cycle that Lopen claimed to have tried to Invest in him.

I too would like an answer to this question.

As for my vote, I'm not sure yet.  Kas didn't come online to answer my question about if he got a role from Araris.  In the mean time, have a vote tally:
Aonar (0): Ari, Sart, Assassin
Len (2): Araris, Ari
Ari (0): Len, Assassin
Araris (1): Len
Kyne (2): Sart, Bard

Ari: you retracted the wrong vote. It's currently on Len not Aonar.

Edited by Alvron
cleaning up phrasing

9 minutes ago, Alvron said:

I believe that Sheep gave up his life to roleblock me.  I was roleblocked and I like to think it was Sheep but if another wishes to lay claim to the deed then please speak up.

The only ones to vote on Joe D1 were Sheep and Lopen.  Both are now dead.  As for why Joe was made an Agent even when he was going to kill himself, I can only theorize that it was for the location of Cultivation.  Or maybe in the hopes that either Odium or Hoid would also Convert them opening up communications between the sides.

Lopen didn't have a Champ at the start of D4.  He could've and likely did make one once he saw he was about to be lynched.  At least that's what I would've done.  That or send it to an Inactive so it stays hidden for a couple of cycles before going to another player and there has been a couple of people coming out of Inactivity this last cycle.....

The {Redacted} Shard may or may not exist.  I for one have seen no sign of it being in use.  All those that die have passed on at their appointed time.

Why are you nervous about me possibly being a neutral Shard?  If I am Auto then killing Hoid is in my best interest as they are the only one that cannot be converted.  Killing Hoid is also good for the village.  Only a Hoidite wouldn't want Hoid to die.  As for valuable information, I have none.  So far I have only found some people that can't be Hoid.  Hoid himself eludes me.

A Survival claim is interesting given that Odium is clearly still out there killing.  @Arinian why did you claim so when there were only two votes on you?

Not possible unless Lopen lied to me.  This may sound immodest but I don't think he could lie that well for me not pick up that something was off.  I was very careful in my questioning.  Lopen claimed that he was using his Investment ability to find those with Shards as they couldn't be Invested.  Sheep also confirmed that he received a failed Investment on the same cycle that Lopen claimed to have tried to Invest in him.

I too would like an answer to this question.

As for my vote, I'm not sure yet.  Kas didn't come online to answer my question about if he got a role from Araris.  In the mean time, have a vote tally:
Len (2): Araris, Ari
Araris (1): Len
Kyne (2): Sart, Bard

Ari: you retracted the wrong vote. It's currently on Len not Aonar.

"Shrug" if you want you can lynch me and see that I not gonna die from it. Anyway I asked Honor's Champion(in my post) to protect me so Odium will think twice attack me or not.

Just now, Arinian said:

"Shrug" if you want you can lynch me and see that I not gonna die from it. Anyway I asked Honor's Champion(in my post) to protect me so Odium will think twice attack me or not.

I have no desire to lynch you.  I just want to know why you role claimed when there were only two votes on you.

^To be fair, Survival/Arinian has no reason not to claim; if Odium attacks him he's basically guaranteed to get his win, unless he's converted by the Shard and then killed by the village afterwards. Odium's attack will just Shatter his Shard, not kill him, and that's the part that matters. (Odium's kill bypasses the innate extra life all Shards have, but not the extra one on top of that that Survival has, I believe.)

3 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

^To be fair, Survival/Arinian has no reason not to claim; if Odium attacks him he's basically guaranteed to get his win, unless he's converted by the Shard and then killed by the village afterwards. Odium's attack will just Shatter his Shard, not kill him, and that's the part that matters. (Odium's kill bypasses the innate extra life all Shards have, but not the extra one on top of that that Survival has, I believe.)

And I have 2 extra lifes cause I invest myself. And I can't be converted, and Shard not shatters till all lifes lost.

Edited by Arinian

Hmm, I missed that. So we'd have to coordinate it so you were attacked once to remove the extra life, and then get an Honour's Champion/Surgebinder to protect you while you're attacked again in order for you and Odium to both achieve your wincons... That sounds rather difficult to arrange.

Aonar, if you know who Cult is, and you're pretty sure the 17th knows who Cult is, then I think it's best for us all to know, sooner rather than later.

I guess it's time for the SE Bandwagoneer to do what he does best: Aonar Kynedath

@Kynedath Hopefully this will seriously encourage you to post. You are now the leading lynch candidate.

Edited by Elenion

On 1/5/2017 at 9:06 PM, Elenion said:
9 hours ago, The Young Bard said:

14. Dalinar Kholin - Sanya
Posted just then in response to a claim of inactivity - they didn't contribute one line of discussion.

I apologize for the strange formating, although this is sort of a response to Elenion too.

First, discussion for the sake of discussion is pointless. Considering the Hoidites don't have an elimination role (at the moment/at the very least haven't been using it), there's no information to be gained from analyzing kills as responses to information revealed on the thread. Then theoretically we could go back and analyze why they might have been responding to and having a thread with various hypothesis could become valuable.

Second, it causes the possibility for miscommunication. Considering that it's highly improbably that my logical analysis will be superior to players of more experience who have a capacity to analyze others through both experience and a series of precedents to compare current actions too. Throwing out guesses substantiated in little fact will likely only be ignored, or draw suspicious onto someone who isn't guilty (considering I have no idea who the elim's are). Giving my reads on people is pretty futile as well, I have little experience playing with these people, no extra information, and thus my only basis for suspicious is gut instinct and detecting flawed logic. I've already given out my suspicious of Alvron b/c of flawed logic for targeting Araris. There my vote will stay because I have no other evidence or sufficient suspicion to accuse anyone else.

Third, I'll contribute what I can in actual information b/c Odium is dead and even if it was accurate it's probably no longer the case. On the 26th I was invested by Honor, on the 29th I was reinvested. Last Sunday that investment expired. Darkness Ascendant posted one post methodically every cycle in the pm in Roshar, this included a question of what was going on. I responded, It was later that cycle that I was invested in. It's probably he was Honor, but considering he hasn't been on recently most likely his shard has passed on by now. I protected two people, neither was attacked. That is all I have done this game. If I had something further beneficial to contribute to the conversation I would, but I do not.

Now that part about DA is interesting: I thought that he was fully inactive, at least after I came back. I agree with you about him probably being Honor at that time:  he was staying just active enough to keep his Shard.  Well played, DA.

But now the more serious question: what happened to Honor? It must have passed, unless DA still sent in actions even while being silent. If it did pass, chances are it went to an inactive or lurker, because more active players have a greater chance of holding a Shard and Shards are redistributed to those who do not have one yet. And that's a bad situation: We have no way to tell where it went.

19 hours ago, Elenion said:

Aonar, if you know who Cult is, and you're pretty sure the 17th knows who Cult is, then I think it's best for us all to know, sooner rather than later.

I guess it's time for the SE Bandwagoneer to do what he does best: Aonar Kynedath

@Kynedath Hopefully this will seriously encourage you to post. You are now the leading lynch candidate.

Funny you should ask, Len. I'm about 90% sure you're Cultivation. I've had you pegged as a possible Shard for a while, but assuming the conclusions I've come to so far are correct, you didn't start with one. Which means you must be Cultivation, *Spoilers* (assuming it exists) or Odium. However, you've exhibited vote-changing powers, expressed extreme suspicion of Mage for asking for Cultivation's action to target him, and been consistently fearful of/aggressive towards Odium, making Cultivation a likely suspect.

Thoughts?

23 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

Funny you should ask, Len. I'm about 90% sure you're Cultivation. I've had you pegged as a possible Shard for a while, but assuming the conclusions I've come to so far are correct, you didn't start with one. Which means you must be Cultivation, *Spoilers* (assuming it exists) or Odium. However, you've exhibited vote-changing powers, expressed extreme suspicion of Mage for asking for Cultivation's action to target him, and been consistently fearful of/aggressive towards Odium, making Cultivation a likely suspect.

Thoughts?

That is some interesting stuff ^ 

Do you have anything to say, Elenion?

Meanwhile, I'm going to place my vote on Kynedath too

Wait, what? I can see the logic of your reasoning, but you've got the wrong guy. My suspicion of Mage was because he literally tried to help the 17th win, realizing it or not. That's not necessarily a good thing to happen, so I helped get rid of him and deny the 17th their primary win con.  That really shouldn't say much about if I'm a Shard or not.

As for my vote-changing, that's just my Elantrian stuff. And fearing Odium is common sense. Again, nothing really Shard-worthy there.

However, while your reasoning is flawed, it is logical, so it doesn't really make me suspicious of you.

On a related note, Odium, don't even bother tonight.  Even if I did have Cult, it'd be long gone before the end of this Day.

On the topic of Kynedath, I spotted him/her reading the thread last night, so I know that they are following the game.

Finally, last time I voted I retracted the wrong vote. I accidentally mixed up Aonar and Araris. I do actually want my vote on Kynedath.

Huh, was going through making vote tally and saw that I haven't placed a vote yet.  Could've sworn that I did. :(   I don't really have any suspects anymore but am wary of those that have been online and not posting so Doc I know you've been online, why no post?  Note, I don't expect an answer this cycle but it would be nice if we heard from you during the night.

Votes:
Len (1): Araris, Ari
Araris (0): Len
Kyne (5): Sart, Bard, Ari, Stick, Len
Alv (1): Dalinar
Doc (1): Alv