I think I speak with everyone that the world PMs are dead. Unfortunately, world hopping is a day-action, not a night action, so we can't do anything about it tonight. However, we need to do something about this. Games are more active when we have people in PMs to talk to. If anyone wants to talk, I'm currently located on Threnody. Hoepfully, we can get a conversation started, instead of having a bunch of inactivity.

LG29: Day 6 - Gold and Glory

Sam Trudite trudged along the dreary fields. Many worldhoppers had become frightened - after all, in a conflict of Shards, what could an ordinary mortal do but hope not to be squished? Well, he was there to show them something more, something they could believe in.

The man with the eyes of hate seemed to appear out of nowhere. His hands flickered, and a jolt of power flew out, slamming into Sam’s chest. Sam crumpled to the ground in pain, but retained enough awareness to roll out of the way of a second burst of multicolored sparks. One connected, and his breath caught in his throat as he realized what was happening.
One of the Sixteen, come to murder me. The power was familiar, terrifyingly potent, and raw hate seeped from it like pus oozing from a week-old wound. Odium.

“You are weak, worldhopper. A mite. You meddle in powers you do not understand. Now you see your own powerlessness. Die alone, little maggot!” Watching Sam’s labored breaths slowing, and the blood flecking the corners of his mouth, the man smiled. “Let this be a message! You cannot stop the power of the Lord of Hate!” Then he was gone.

A watcher would have noticed that Sam’s breaths slowed, then almost seemed to stop for a moment. A more observant watcher would have seen the signs of deception. The worldhopper was gravely injured, it was true, and even perilously close to death. But he was not slipping into blackness yet. After a time, his breathing grew more stable, and his color returned to normal.

His wounds began to close, and he rose to his feet. Now, more than ever, it was important to speak up. Sam Trudite, worldhopper extraordinaire, had a mission to complete before his death, and he would see it through.

Elsewhere, Kelen Taldar woke from a dream. The bright colors and vague shadows that so often haunted his nights had disappeared tonight, replaced with a single, clear vision. He knew now why Endowment had chosen him to Return, and he would not disappoint her.

Today was the day. The day he showed the world the reason he was alive.

Sam Trudite (Sart) was attacked but survived!

Kelen Taldar (Sheep) has given up his Divine Breath and passed to the Spiritual Realm. He was a Returned!

Day 6 has begun, and will end in about 46 hours.

bla_1483822800.png

Player List:
1. Assassin in Burgundy - First of the Game
2. Master Elodin - Second of the Signups
3. Jondesu - Quintus 17th Shard Worldhopper
4. AliasSheep - Kelen Taldar Returned
5. Darkness Ascendant - Kaldain Selblessed
6. A Joe in the Bush - Jack Tormander Returned Agent of Autonomy
7. Doc12 - Silence
8. Kynedath - Desten Kyde
9. TheMightyLopen - Kaloo Vessel of Odium
10. Straw - Malum Farcimen
11. Young Bard - Serol
12. Magestar - Magestar
13. Alvron - Lorna
14. Dalinar Kholin - Sanya
15. Harambe - PUNisher Elantrian
16. I_am_a_Stick - Stic
17. RubiksCube - cubefright archive
18. DroughtBringer - Ralar
19. Araris Valerian - Aralis
20. Arinian - Arinian
21. Zephrer - Tardeick
22. Conquestor - Farallen Oniz Vessel of Preservation
23. Sart - Sam Trudite
24. Aonar Faileas - Nilan Izenry
25. Elenion - emissary of Mandos
26. Kasimir - Tenth of the Dusk

Edited by Alvron

I'm going to post a list of who is active, and who isn't. At this point, we need all the help we can get, and I'm going to die in a turn, so...

Haven't been on this year: @Darkness Ascendant @Zephrer

Didn't vote last cycle, but have been on the Shard: @Assassin in Burgundy @Kynedath @Straw @The Young Bard @RubiksCube @DroughtBringer @Aonar Faileas @Kasimir

Voted last cycle (I'm mentioning you anyways because why not): @Master Elodin @Doc12 @Alvron @Dalinar Kholin @I_am_a_Stick @Araris Valerian @Arinian @Sart @Elenion

We aren't having a problem with inactivity. We are having a problem with lurking. I mean honestly, 8 players not placing a vote last cycle? I suppose I could go back and see if they bothered to post, but that's not the issue. We need people to vote, in order to gain suspicions. We need people to vote, in order to actually play this game. Sure, you can call lurking a strategy, but it's a strategy that is harming the game we are playing. We had only 6 responses in last night's thread. That's pathetic. I agree with Arinian on this one. Aonar, why haven't you voted? You've clearly been keeping track of things, since you posted on Day 5. But this is what you posted?!

You're putting words in Kas's mouth there, mate. He was distinctly ambiguous as to whether or not Araris had a role. Doesn't mean he's not 17th, but unless Kas shows up and definitely says whether or not Araris gave him a role, your reasoning's faulty. (Ditto for you Len.)

Okay. So as for my own thoughts... I'm not sure. Things have been so dead today it's hard for me to get a solid feeling on anyone in the wake of last cycle's events.Some things (like the fact that Alvron is either Autonomy/Autonomy's current Agent) are glaringly obvious, but none of them are terribly useful. I'm suspicious of Len, but it feels like I'm always suspicious of Len, evil or not. :P I'm fairly certain Kas is either good, or was good up until last night, but that doesn't really get us anywhere. And as for everyone else... complete neutral. I was hoping to have stronger feelings by the end of the day, but it's half over and nothing has happened...

You're completely neutral on everyone... Nothing else is going to happen unless you make it happen. Place a vote, see what happens. Maybe you'll get stronger feelings when they defend themselves. Don't just post that you don't have any suspicions! That's just leads to less suspicions, which leads to less activity, which leads to less fun.

I'm a little suspicious of Sheep's death: he didn't seem like he had a death wish. Did Sheep mention any plans to anyone before he died?

Also, Odium is back again. Lovely.

I need to go help make dinner in a minute, but when I have more time I'm going to reevaluate my suspicions list in light of recent developments and see who might be Odium or 17th.

24 minutes ago, Elenion said:

I'm a little suspicious of Sheep's death: he didn't seem like he had a death wish. Did Sheep mention any plans to anyone before he died?

Also, Odium is back again. Lovely.

I need to go help make dinner in a minute, but when I have more time I'm going to reevaluate my suspicions list in light of recent developments and see who might be Odium or 17th.

Forget about Odium if we won't kill him and his investy in one same turn it's will be endless story.

While I am somewhat suspicious of Aonar for defending me last cycle, I think it is a bit premature for him to have 2 votes, both for lurking. Assassin, this early on in the cycle, a vote like that doesn't really accomplish much.

I would like to point out that night discussion isn't always super relevant. I try to post a minimum of once or twice during day cycles, but quite often I don't say anything during the night.

I'm going to bring back my vote from last cycle on Elenion. Nothing has really changed there, and I don't like how he jumped on me with so little justification.

...? I've been contributing to the discussion where there is relevant discussion to be had. I've shared my thoughts on several occasions, and posted (I think?) every day so far? I won't claim my thoughts have been good thoughts, but... :P 

I tend to observe more than say, unless there is good reason to do otherwise. I haven't had a good reason, yet. Really, little has changed since the last time I posted. I still feel suspicious of Len, and I'm going to take everything Alv says with a fair sized shaker of salt, but otherwise... So far, this game has been dominated by the discussions of a fairly small group of vocal players, most of whom are now dead. There simply isn't enough information on anyone else to really say anything. I'll try to share what little I have though.

Although there were valid reasons to suspect Mage, he never read as an eliminator to me, (hence why I didn't participate either way in that lynch) and looking back, there seems to be a fairly obvious possibility to explain them that never came up. Assuming my suspicions are verified, I'll be doubly suspicious of Len, with a bit on Elodin and Stick as well. (More so on Elodin, as it looks like he had the same suspicion I do, but voted on Mage anyways. While there may have been good reasons for that things seem a little too convenient.)

I'm mildly suspicious of Arin as well, with how fluid his opinions have been. Could be honest confusion, could be a 17th trying to conform to public opinion, could be a neutral (Survival? Odium?) messing around. 

Anyways, Araris, it's three votes. (And I didn't defend you. I'd noticed the night before that Len's logic was faulty, when it seemed to be gaining traction with other players I figured I should point it out. You're welcome anyways, though. :P) So Assassin, I'm not inactive. We shouldn't be lynching true inactives, anyways. And bandwagon, much? One poke vote I can understand, I guess two makes sense I guess if people really think I've been lurking, (I don't think I am, but then again I'm rarely a vocal player without provocation) but was adding a third really necessary?

I might place a vote of my own tomorrow, we'll see. My main suspicions ride on the outcome of Mage's lynch though, which we won't have until the day's end.

Edit: Italics being weird.

Edited by Aonar Faileas

1 hour ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Eh, let's start lynching inactives, which I probably qualify as but whatever. Aonar.

That's usually a bad idea. Inactive elims don't really help their teams except as an extra body towards 'outnumber' win cons.

2 hours ago, Arinian said:

Forget about Odium if we won't kill him and his investy in one same turn it's will be endless story.

An alternative is to target them with Dominion and let them Shatter themself.

Okay, here are my current reads. In addition to each, I've included a suspiciousness rating out of 10. 2 or below is a trust. 3-4 is a good read, but I could see some room for them to be evil. 5 is my "meh, don't care too much" zone. 6 and above means I would be fine with lynching them. No one got higher than a 7. I didn't factor possible Autonomite alignments into my ratings, because at this point Autonomy's goals should match ours: find Hoid and his converts.

Assassin: My read on him hasn't changed very much. He does seem just active enough to hold a Shard, though, but that's just circumstantial. Suspiciousness: 5

Elodin: Helped lynch Mage, but that seemed more like he put his vote on at the start and then forgot about it. Mostly inactive, and hadn't done anything memorable prior to that. Suspiciousness: 4.5

DA: Inactive. I don't care if inactives live or die: it's no different. Suspiciousness: 5

Doc: While I do think there's a fair chance he's an Autonomite by this point (unless he holds a Shard), Autonomy seems like a pretty benign faction compared to Odium and the 17th, and so that doesn't bother me too much. I doubt Doc is is 17th because he seemed to be truly convinced that I was one. He opposed the Mage lynch, though, or else he would be a 3 to me. Suspiciousness: 4

Kynedath: Inactive. Suspiciousness: 5

Straw: Nothing much has changed with him, probably because he's either inactive or lurking. I still think he was lying about [that one Shard], and that really doesn't seem village-like to me. If he is an elim, though, I doubt he's contributing much to their side. Suspiciousness: 7

Bard: So far he hasn't done much that has rung a bell either way in my mind. Also, is it me or has he been less active than usual recently? Suspiciousness: 5

Alv: Alv strikes me as an Autonomite or Auto themself. He was on board when we destroyed the 17th's win con. Despite his probable faction difference, both the Autonomites and us want to find Hoid. Suspiciousness: 3

Dalinar Kholin: Mostly-inactive, no read. Suspiciousness: 5.

Stick: Has been a consistent voter from what I've seen, especially against Mage, where she voted on him in the Lopen lynch and this last lynch. Always seems to join existing bandwagons, though, so could be an elim bussing others or following the crowd. If Mage turns out evil (which I think he was), my trust of Stick will increase strongly. Suspiciousness: 4.5

Rubiks: I'm not sure why I had a village read on him before. Maybe due to low activity. Suspiciousness: 5

Drought: Inactive. Suspiciousness: 5

Araris: I came down pretty hard on him based on a post misread of Kas, which Aonar promptly pointed out that night. Araris still doesn't trust me due to that incident (see above for proof). I haven't gotten a new read on him since my misread, so he gets a neutral result. Suspiciousness: 5

Arinian: Last time I noted his willingness to switch votes, although I was willing to ignore that at the time. However, since then Arin's voting has only become more erratic, especially in the Mage lynch. It looks to me like he's purposefully trying to keep everyone happy in the voting department. Suspiciousness: 7

Zepherer: Suspiciousness: 5

Sart: Odium tried to kill him, and he's claimed Feruchemist (right?). He's also pushed for activity and voting. That's good enough for me to trust him fairly well, but if he survives until next day he has some explaining to do. Suspiciousness: 3.5

Aonar: I don't have much of a read on him, other than him lurking, but if votes are any indication then some other players do. Suspiciousness: 5.5

Len: Adonalsium. Duh! :P

Kas: I trust Kas more than most everyone here, based on gut and his contributions, even though he's made a point of shooting my logic down. He would, however, have made an attractive conversion target for Hoid the last couple of nights... Suspiciousness: 4

In short, right now most players are close to 5 on my scale. My biggest good reads right now are Alv, Sart, and Doc, and my biggest evil reads right now are on Straw and Arinian.

28 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Drought: Inactive. Suspiciousness: 5

Okay well I haven't been overly active, not because I haven't had the time, but because I still am not sure about some of the small things in the game, with this being my first game I don't want end up saying something overly weird, (Kinda like what happened with Harambe earlier) and end up getting lynched for it, or just getting suspicion put upon me. Also within this point you guys have all of these gut reads, and other cool methods of figuring out who is an Elim, but I have nothing to really base this upon, you guys are like "Wow this guy is being more/less active than normal" or "This person is never this aggressive!" or "This person used the word 'the' 3 times, they normally only use it 2 times in a post, obvious Elim" So I am still learning all of the small details like that. So yeah, I have been lurking.

@Sart I'm having a harder time voting this game because I am not entirely certain whom I should be voting for.  I am feeling a little paranoid since one of the people on my planet was a vessel of Odium, and I trusted Lopen.  I'm not sure who is aligned with whom at all anymore.

1 hour ago, Elenion said:

Rubiks: I'm not sure why I had a village read on him before. Maybe due to low activity. Suspiciousness: 5.

What is it that makes you suspicious of me?

Edited by RubiksCube

3 minutes ago, RubiksCube said:

@Sart I'm having a harder time voting this game because I am not entirely certain whom I should be voting for.  I am feeling a little paranoid since one of the people on my planet was a vessel of Odium, and I trusted Lopen.  I'm not sure who is aligned with whom at all anymore.

What is it that makes you suspicious of me?

He doesn't see you as suspicious...just he doesn't see you as not suspicious either

7 minutes ago, Elenion said:

@RubiksCube My suspiciousness scale goes from 1 to 9. You're right in the middle, not village but not elim.

@DroughtBringer I understand your reasoning, even if I don't necessarily agree with it. But if you have something to say, don't hesitate to say it, even if you think it's a crackpot theory.

Fair enough, I'll make a note to talk more...just for you ;)

7 hours ago, Elenion said:

In short, right now most players are close to 5 on my scale. My biggest good reads right now are Alv, Sart, and Doc, and my biggest evil reads right now are on Straw and Arinian.

7 hours ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

I'll trust you Len. Aonar Arinian

You wrong, both of you. Okay, cards on the table, lets say I'm only proven villager right now I'm Survival. I wanted to hear what Aonar gonna say but didn't hear nothing substantial from him. So Aonar you not helping the village by your lurking you just distracting it's all what you doing, but for now Len.

Edited by Arinian

Some questions, and some observations. Vote to come later in the cycle.

1. @Sart. This is just out of curiosity, but the writeup said you had something very important to tell us. Was that just flavor, or was there actually something? I just wondered after seeing the writeup, and seeing you post, but say nothing about your own survival. 

2. Anyone know what action Sheep took before he died?

3. Len, I'm just curious as to how you've seemed fairly certain that I might have been turned by Autonomy. I'm just wondering where you drew this conclusion from.

9 hours ago, Elenion said:

Doc: While I do think there's a fair chance he's an Autonomite by this point (unless he holds a Shard), Autonomy seems like a pretty benign faction compared to Odium and the 17th, and so that doesn't bother me too much. I doubt Doc is is 17th because he seemed to be truly convinced that I was one. He opposed the Mage lynch, though, or else he would be a 3 to me. Suspiciousness: 4

And moving on to observations.

1. Elenion's claim of being an Elantrian

One, I confess to manipping Mage onto himself. I am an Elantrian, and I also was the one who moved that vote in the Lopen lynch.

Two, in lynching Mage with my manip, I have denied the 17th their primary win con. That should offer you something in the way of proving my innocence

I have to say, this is convincing evidence. Seeing as no one else is refuting his claim of changing those two votes, and those two vote changes are consistent with the targets he has been attacking, added to the fact that his life was on the line in both lynches, this makes me believe that he is telling the truth about being an Elantrian. On the second part of his claim, I also have to find myself agreeing. If it was him that moved the votes to Mage, then he has chosen to remove Preservation from the game. It still could be a gambit, the 17th having chosen to forsake that primary win con, but at this stage in the game, it makes no sense for one of them to decide to burn the bridges for that first win con. For that reason, I don't think I can accuse Len of being 17th anymore. 

2. Speaking of the Mage lynch, I believe that those who voted on Mage are soft-cleared of being 17th, mostly with the same reasoning that it still doesn't make sense for the 17th to forcibly deny themselves their primary, easier win condition. Mage had made it very clear he had Preservation, and so I'm inclined to look more favorably on those who voted on him.

3.Speaking of Mage, I don't believe he was 17th after all, despite what Alvron said about him trying to trick Cultivation into unshattering Preservation. If he had truly been 17th, there was still time in the cycle for him to have passed the Shard to one of his teammates when it became clear that he was going to be lynched. Of course, he might not have been online when the lynch tipped, but still, when there was a chance of him dying, he did not pass the Shard, which would have been wiser for him to do. Thus I'm inclined to believe he is not 17th. We'll see. 

4.In this cycle, Arinian's claim of being Survival. Many players have already noted his indecisiveness in voting, and above, Aonar has made mention of how Arinian seems to be trying to conform to the general opinion to stay alive. His actions seem consistent with his claim for now. Arinian, I suggest you start looking to pass the Shard, for by revealing that you have a Shard, you've just painted a target on your back.

5. Speaking of Arinian, he seems to have a fixation on Aonar. He seems to have asked after Aonar a couple of times in the last few cycles, specifically Aonar, such as the time he mentioned Aonar twice in day 4

Also I wanted to say(in one of my previous posts, but forget) that I want to hear answers from inactives and lurkers. Especially Aonar cause he really wasting many time in thread but not very active(maybe that he just opened page but who knows).

Also we have many inactive players and lurkers(Aonar) so I'm not sure in solidness of my judgments.

And he starts off this cycle by trying to poke Aonar. I'm not sure what to make of this, but this seems oddly focused.

7. The Ruin and Odium kills. Yesterday's Ruin kill was a bit of a surprise, considering it had been a while since he last struck. Similarly, Odium's kill was unexpected this cycle as he had not killed since he struck Jondesu. This leads me to believe that the Vessels are either villagers who are very cautious about their vigilante kills, or more likely, sporadically active villagers. This makes me look at people like Araris, Aonar, and Bard, who have been on intermittently, enough to have swept over the thread and put in an action or two and stay caught up with the information. Sart, Stick, Rubiks, Assassin and Drought have also been generally on and off, which might make the intermittent kills make sense.

That's about all I have to say for now. As of now, I have no active suspicions to act on just yet, but I will be voting in this cycle.

Edited by Doc12
Bolded main points for easier reading

Hmmm, Survival, eh? Fits with the info, not a danger to us, and nobody has stepped forward to claim that you're lying. Seems legit enough for me. Arinian

My next-biggest suspicion is Straw, but he's inactive and I would prefer not to waste a lynch on an inactive. Hmmm... I'll put a placeholder vote on Araris for voting on me, until I find a better vote.

1 hour ago, Doc12 said:

4.In this cycle, Arinian's claim of being Survival. Many players have already noted his indecisiveness in voting, and above, Aonar has made mention of how Arinian seems to be trying to conform to the general opinion to stay alive. His actions seem consistent with his claim for now. Arinian, I suggest you start looking to pass the Shard, for by revealing that you have a Shard, you've just painted a target on your back.

5. Speaking of Arinian, he seems to have a fixation on Aonar. He seems to have asked after Aonar a couple of times in the last few cycles, specifically Aonar, such as the time he mentioned Aonar twice in day 4

And he starts off this cycle by trying to poke Aonar. I'm not sure what to make of this, but this seems oddly focused.

Not sure that I should pass my Shard, I think I will keep it and hope that atleast Champion of Honor will protect me. Only reason for me to pass Shard it's if Domination in hands of 17th Shard.

Also about Aonar. Reasons why I'm focused on him cause I've seen him many times viewing thread but no any impact from him in this game, looked like that he just trying to stay in shadows not to be target for someone, also I just don't like lurking style to play game it's not helps village so why he should stay alive if he not helpful. Also someone tried to invest in me this night(don't know if that useful info but maybe someone can see something in that).

18 minutes ago, Arinian said:

Not sure that I should pass my Shard, I think I will keep it and hope that atleast Champion of Honor will protect me. Only reason for me to pass Shard it's if Domination in hands of 17th Shard.

Also about Aonar. Reasons why I'm focused on him cause I've seen him many times viewing thread but no any impact from him in this game, looked like that he just trying to stay in shadows not to be target for someone, also I just don't like lurking style to play game it's not helps village so why he should stay alive if he not helpful. Also someone tried to invest in me this night(don't know if that useful info but maybe someone can see something in that).

If you're just Survival, then we might just want to let you be. Arinian.

3 hours ago, Arinian said:

Dominion? There isn't a shard of domination...and what would Dominion do as part of the 17th that is bad? You Shardic Action isn't overly useful, especially if Dominion can find someone else like a kill role to cut down our numbers...I don't really see what he would do to you.