985 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Lorna is joining in the hunt for Shards.

Has Second retired from shard holding, then? :P

 

29 minutes ago, The Young Bard said:

Wait. Didn't your character get converted to an Eliminator accidentally by the Puppetmaster, and then get lynched? How do you intend to continue the story from there? :P

Shame - I was looking forward to a Shard Zero meta-group Doc. :P I don't think all meta-roles are a problem, just a couple like the Stick and Puppetmaster were last game, which was a shame, because they looked really fun.

Well, like I said, some of the meta roles got converted into regular roles with items and investiture and everything. The only one I really miss is the suicidal analyst, though the troll was kind of fun. The puppet master became the forger, the stick and the scapegoat are gone (good riddance). No more outed player zombies - That's what feruchemists are for :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Seonid said:

Has Second retired from shard holding, then? :P

Second holds Odium.  The Collective doesn't want to risk losing it. I was going to use an unknown member of the Collective but Mage said something in Discord that got Lornas attention so the Collective will just have to miss out this time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have waited , and waited and my pun-metalmind is full 

i will join as the antihero that this game deserves and bring down my fury on those who oppose me .  i am, the PUNisher


P.S. 1 thanks @STINK for calling me 

P.S. 2 i have just finished reading the rules and i think that i get it , but in case i have any questions where should i ask them?

P.S. 3 put  me in roshar if @Darkness Ascendant doesnt want to be alone

P.S. 4 is joke-mind  better than pun -metalmind as a term?

,PS5 doesnt come out until 2019

P.S. 6 you can put me just( punisher ),for fster typing

Edited by harambe
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll join as...as..Stic. Would've been Stick but I guess that's not an option :'( *coughsheepcough*

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, harambe said:

i have waited , and waited and my pun-metalmind is full 

i will join as the antihero that this game deserves and bring down my fury on those who oppose me .  i am, the PUNisher


P.S. 1 thanks @STINK for calling me 

P.S. 2 i have just finished reading the rules and i think that i get it , but in case i have any questions where should i ask them?

P.S. 3 put  me in roshar if @Darkness Ascendant doesnt want to be alone

P.S. 4 is joke-mind  better than pun -metalmind as a term?

,PS5 doesnt come out until 2019

P.S. 6 you can put me just( punisher ),for fster typing

If you have any questions before the game, put them here. After it starts, you can either ask in the thread or you can ask in the PM that has your role and faction in it.

 

4 hours ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

I'll join as...as..Stic. Would've been Stick but I guess that's not an option :'( *coughsheepcough*

Well, sheep's official name in-game isn't Stick, so you could still if you wanted to...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Seonid said:

 

Well, sheep's official name in-game isn't Stick, so you could still if you wanted to...

Yeah but it'll get confusing if he uses it in his RP \_(ツ)_/¯. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, harambe said:

P.S. 2 i have just finished reading the rules and i think that i get it , but in case i have any questions where should i ask them?

 

11 hours ago, Seonid said:

If you have any questions before the game, put them here. After it starts, you can either ask in the thread or you can ask in the PM that has your role and faction in it.

For clarity, if you have questions about this game and its mechanics, Seonid is right. Ask them here because Seonid knows the ins and outs of their game. But if you have questions about the format of the SE games as a whole, our Q&A thread is also there to help players with any general questions you might have. And it's worthwhile to use it because you'll be able to get advice from multiple people with different ways of playing. 
Just another place you can go for helpful advice and information. Welcome! :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2016 at 6:05 PM, Magestar said:

If I can make my brain work, I'll do some RP.  But probably not a lot.  Btw, My name will be Magestar, and I can be seem holding a grey, slightly decayed thumb.  I'd like to start on First of the Sun, if that's OK.

@Seonid, not sure if you caught this.  Seonid, do you know who's thumb this is?

Thanks! :D 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/12/2016 at 1:09 AM, The Young Bard said:

Wait. Didn't your character get converted to an Eliminator accidentally by the Puppetmaster, and then get lynched? How do you intend to continue the story from there? :P

I didn't get lynched.  I did get temporarily erased from existence.  I figure that that's Someone Else's Problem though.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in, still kinda new to this Sanderson Elimination, but I have read through stuffs and understand how it will work. I have no preference for where to start, or anything else.

Umh....Hi.

Name....I think I am supposed to have a name.... 

"Ralar"

Edited by DroughtBringer
Name
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, DroughtBringer said:

I'm in, still kinda new to this Sanderson Elimination, but I have read through stuffs and understand how it will work. I have no preference for where to start, or anything else.

Umh....Hi.

Name....I think I am supposed to have a name.... 

"Ralar"

Welcome to SE! I look forward to brutally murdering becoming good friends with you in future! :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Young Bard said:

Welcome to SE! I look forward to brutally murdering becoming good friends with you in future! :P

Oh thank you! I will enjoy The Same, and:
KILLING YOU AND ALL THAT YOU ALLY YOURSELF TO!!!!! *Evil Laugh* MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll sign up as Aralis, who is on Scadrial, since he is pretty sure that people don't live on any other planets. He is open to being proven wrong, however.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DroughtBringer said:

I'm in, still kinda new to this Sanderson Elimination, but I have read through stuffs and understand how it will work. I have no preference for where to start, or anything else.

Umh....Hi.

Name....I think I am supposed to have a name.... 

"Ralar"

Welcome to Sanderson Elimination! I hope you enjoy our community here - I think it's one of the best on the internet.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm seriously considering delaying the game start by a week to avoid overloading myself (and others) over Christmas.

Would this cause issues for anyone?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Seonid said:

I'm seriously considering delaying the game start by a week to avoid overloading myself (and others) over Christmas.

Would this cause issues for anyone?

Hmmm... Eventually, perhaps? I'm going away on the 13th, but that was during Day 9 on the old schedule, and I thought the odds were against me actually *surviving* that long if the game even lasted that long, so I wasn't too worried. Delayed a week, it becomes the end of Night 6, which I'm a lot less sure about. (Don't let that influence you, though - wait to see what everyone else thinks...) If I don't pull out of signups, I might have to midgame, which would be a shame...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Seonid said:

I'm seriously considering delaying the game start by a week to avoid overloading myself (and others) over Christmas.

Would this cause issues for anyone?

This shouldn't be an issue unless it's one for you personally. We've run games during basically every holiday in the calendar year with the idea that those holidays are coming up and they've all worked out just fine. There's even been some fun play with the situation that it's a holiday!
In fact, the AG typically starts just around now and we're putting it off a bit for your game. So unless there's some extenuating reason why you can't, it'd be preferable that you follow through. 
Trying to move games around after they've already been started due to GM complications (which is part of why we have the GM PM to start with; to catch these types of scenarios) would be an incredibly convoluted mess, IMO.

The players know that they signed up for a game around the holidays and, as such, should be prepared to being able to check in during the holidays. I'd even go so far to say that some signed up knowing that they'd have the additional free time. Thus, it's all on you and what you can handle. 

So if You need to, fine. But, overall, I wouldn't recommend it. 

Edited by Metacognition
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Seonid said:

I'm seriously considering delaying the game start by a week to avoid overloading myself (and others) over Christmas.

Would this cause issues for anyone?

I have way to much time, so it wouldn't cause an issue in my schedule.  However, I'd rather this game not be postponed.  I'd love if more people signed up, but typically people I know have more time around Christmas.

Also, the things it would do to other games is not good.  

While I wish more people would sign up, I think it's better not to delay it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I will sign up. (Cause looks like atleast in one game I'm playing I soon gonna die :D)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Metacognition said:

This shouldn't be an issue unless it's one for you personally. We've run games during basically every holiday in the calendar year with the idea that those holidays are coming up and they've all worked out just fine. There's even been some fun play with the situation that it's a holiday!
In fact, the AG typically starts just around now and we're putting it off a bit for your game. So unless there's some extenuating reason why you can't, it'd be preferable that you follow through. 
Trying to move games around after they've already been started due to GM complications (which is part of why we have the GM PM to start with; to catch these types of scenarios) would be an incredibly convoluted mess, IMO.

The players know that they signed up for a game around the holidays and, as such, should be prepared to being able to check in during the holidays. I'd even go so far to say that some signed up knowing that they'd have the additional free time. Thus, it's all on you and what you can handle. 

So if You need to, fine. But, overall, I wouldn't recommend it. 

Ooh - if the AG is already postponed for this, then I definitely don't want to interfere with that.

I'll prolong signups for 24 hours, as I'm not going to have access to a computer until just before when signups are scheduled to end.

Also, given that, there is a rollover scheduled for Christmas Day for Day 2 - that cycle will be extended for 24 hours, as I will not be able to do rollover as that time. Other than that, I think everything should be fine.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry but I'm going to have to drop out of the game anyway.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, STINK said:

Sorry but I'm going to have to drop out of the game anyway.

 Sorry to hear it.

 

3 hours ago, Arinian said:

Okay, I will sign up. (Cause looks like atleast in one game I'm playing I soon gonna die :D)

Welcome!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.