985 posts in this topic

I'll join as First of the Game. I'd prefer to be on First of the Sun. 

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Reserved for Rules Clarifications]

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After much thought, Hess decided to sign up for the expedition promising, "Literally Discover new Worlds!"
He thought it was perhaps a bit ridiculous, but after his experiences in the House on the Hill, he thought anything could be possible, even other worlds.

EDIT: If we can choose what world we start on, I'd like to start on Nalthis. If anyone wants to make a character to take Hess on his journey, go ahead.

Edited by JUQ
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JUQ said:

After much thought, Hess decided to sign up for the expedition promising, "Literally Discover new Worlds!"
He thought it was perhaps a bit ridiculous, but after his experiences in the House on the Hill, he thought anything could be possible, even other worlds.

EDIT: If we can choose what world we start on, I'd like to start on Nalthis. If anyone wants to make a character to take Hess on his journey, go ahead.

You can indeed request a world to start on. I'm going to make the distribution even, so if a lot of people request one world and nobody requests another, I'm going to have to move a few, but I'm going to try to honor starting requests.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Seonid said:

You can indeed request a world to start on. I'm going to make the distribution even, so if a lot of people request one world and nobody requests another, I'm going to have to move a few, but I'm going to try to honor starting requests.

OK, thanks. Is referring to the House before LG28 finishes breaking any SE rules? If so, I'll gladly edit that part out of my OP, but even if not, I won't make any more references.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JUQ said:

OK, thanks. Is referring to the House before LG28 finishes breaking any SE rules? If so, I'll gladly edit that part out of my OP, but even if not, I won't make any more references.

That would be up to Wyrm, but I don't think mentioning the name of the game would be a problem. If I recall right, he forbade discussion about the game - which you aren't doing. You're just establishing that the character is the same.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally from Nalthis, Quintus had gained much experience in the intervening years, and spent centuries studying at Silverlight and researching across the worlds. His old master, Hoid, had been absent for most of that time, leaving Quintus to discover his own path and knowledge. Now, Quintus felt the winds of change blowing in the Cosmere, and wished to set things right if he could.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I'll join as Mandos, or at least one of his emissaries.  I'd like to start on Nalthis, since that's where I was in MR16.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Stick woke up.  The steps were cold.  Quite cold.  
"You lie why on floor?" Mist asked.
Hoid sighed.
"It felt appropriate at the time."
"You are strange."
"No kidding.  I think I stopped existing for a moment then."
"True."
"Oh good.  I was slightly hoping you'd say otherwise."
"No. It is true."
"Wonderful.  Still on.. Scadrial, was it?"
"True. We are still Scadrial on."
"Brilliant.  Time to get on with what I missed then, I suppose."

The Stick picked himself off the ground.  It was still quite cold. Ash was falling gently over the streets. Hoid started humming to himself.  He strolled off down the road.

---

Signing up as Kelen Taldar also known as Hoid also known as The Stick :D

 

Edited by AliasSheep
wording
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be Kaldain Selblessed

and will be starting on Roshar if your will be true

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, if possible, can I start on Scadrial?  Thanks!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlimited Shardic power? Heck yes! Aeleus II reporting in from Sel.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

I will be Jack Tormander. I would like to start on Scadrial.

Ooh - excellent! Glad to see you signing up. I changed Preservation's power just so you couldn't break my game again :P

 

6 hours ago, AliasSheep said:

Oh yeah, if possible, can I start on Scadrial?  Thanks!

I might have already anticipated your starting planet from your RP...but yes. Yes you can.

24 minutes ago, Ookthelion III said:

Unlimited Shardic power? Heck yes! Aeleus II reporting in from Sel.

Glad to have you on board.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to be on Threnody if that's fine.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wind whispered over the dunes of Lossand.

Sitting on a high rock amidst the desert, Silence contemplated the change in the air. 

The Healer had not lied. There was a great disturbance amongst the Shards. Bavadin no longer ruled Taldain, and the Shard Autonomy no longer protected it. He had stayed far too long on this planet since the Healer accidentally left him behind on this planet, but now it was time to take his part in the great changes that were going to happen. To...carve out a name for himself. It was time.

He looked to the skies, where Autonomy burned, where many worlds away the Shards were found and claimed. And he smiled, for he knew they would never hear him. On Threnody, he had gained the name Silence, a child that had not cried when his mother delivered him. A child that smiled but never spoke.

He stood, Like a shadow, he vanished from sight.

As the cosmere raged and fought and Shards were claimed and lost, amongst the tumult and the war... No one would hear him coming until it was too late. 

No one.


I'll join as Silence. I'd like to start on Taldain, please :) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Master Elodin said:

I'd like to be on Threnody if that's fine.

Unfortunately, Threnody isn't an option for a starting planet at the moment. But, if we get enough players - say, 30 - I'm willing to put it in, and maybe even add a role for it.

 

2 hours ago, Doc12 said:

Wind whispered over the dunes of Lossand.

Sitting on a high rock amidst the desert, Silence contemplated the change in the air. 

The Healer had not lied. There was a great disturbance amongst the Shards. Bavadin no longer ruled Taldain, and the Shard Autonomy no longer protected it. He had stayed far too long on this planet since the Healer accidentally left him behind on this planet, but now it was time to take his part in the great changes that were going to happen. To...carve out a name for himself. It was time.

He looked to the skies, where Autonomy burned, where many worlds away the Shards were found and claimed. And he smiled, for he knew they would never hear him. On Threnody, he had gained the name Silence, a child that had not cried when his mother delivered him. A child that smiled but never spoke.

He stood, Like a shadow, he vanished from sight.

As the cosmere raged and fought and Shards were claimed and lost, amongst the tumult and the war... No one would hear him coming until it was too late. 

No one.


I'll join as Silence. I'd like to start on Taldain, please :) 

 Welcome!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, I'm totally ambivalent about which planet I start on. I plan for Quintus (who I think I'll carry through most games) to in theory have access to the 5th Heightening, Allomancy (at least as a Steel Misting, maybe Mistborn), and others as I make them up, courtesy of Hoid, who used him as an experiment in addition to grooming him. Obviously some of those wouldn't be true if a game mechanic used one or more of those magics, though.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'll try this one. I've never played one of the shard games before since they seemed way too complicated at the time (or I just wasn't there) but I think that I might be able to keep up with this one. Maybe not. Who knows?

I'll sign up as Desten Kyde. Starting out on Roshar please.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to pull out of this game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JUQ said:

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to pull out of this game.

Sorry to hear it. Hope you can make it into another game I run later.

 

4 hours ago, Kynedath said:

Yeah, I'll try this one. I've never played one of the shard games before since they seemed way too complicated at the time (or I just wasn't there) but I think that I might be able to keep up with this one. Maybe not. Who knows?

I'll sign up as Desten Kyde. Starting out on Roshar please.

Welcome to a Game of Shards! (Well, not really, that was the first Shard Game, IIRC. But the sentiment isn't that far off...)

I think you might have made it into the signups of LG21 (you are on the player list...) but I don't know if you were active in it. Either way, glad to have you here!

 

We are now 2/5 of the way to the minimum number to play this game (I really don't want to do less than 25 because of how many different roles there are), and 1/3 of the way to our stretch goal of 30 players. Sign up now to unlock a new world - Threnody, and at least one new role associated with it!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Seonid said:

Welcome to a Game of Shards! (Well, not really, that was the first Shard Game, IIRC. But the sentiment isn't that far off...)

I think you might have made it into the signups of LG21 (you are on the player list...) but I don't know if you were active in it. Either way, glad to have you here!

Thanks. I thought I had pulled out of the game before it started, but apparently not.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll sign up! Gotta restore my Honor after all... <_<

Not sure what my character's gonna be quite yet, but I'll try to figure something out soon.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.