Ketektomy

emailanimal

Let's translate the poetry of Earth, from the lowest schoolyard rhymes to the finest Shakespearean verse into Vorin languages.

Rules:

1. An actual piece of poetry (or so called poetry)
  2. Translated as a ketek
  3. Earth-specific references replaced with Rosharian realities.

Here is a start:

Fire Illuminates the breeches of a liar whose breeches are lit of fire.

This, of course, is the fifth tenet (or taunt) of Truthwatchers: Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Edited by emailanimal

Errs one of two who name selves Talanel, as Talanel as a name of two is one error.

Spoiler

One of my favorite lines from early Mark Knopfler:

"Two men say they are Jesus, one of them must be wrong" (Industrial Disease, from Lover over Gold)

Heh. Let's try one from a Brandon quote.

Ever confident, mostly the immature one, I am one with immaturity, the most confident ever.

Original:

Spoiler

"I've always been very confident in my immaturity." - The Final Empire

If anyone can come up with a better ketek of this quote, please share. I'm not very satisfied with mine.

Sooner the lonelier pack Axhound finds Rockbud, finds Axhound pack lonelier the sooner.

[a play on "the early bird gets the worm". Although I guess it's closer to an allegory of "if you take all for yourself, you leave nothing for the others"- but that's only because I had to adapt it for ketek form x.x] <- does that count as "poetry"?

"Am I not what I am?"

[a very simple play on Iagos famous "I am not what I am" from Shakespeare's "Othello"]

Edited by Unodus

• Chaos locked this topic