Just now, Drake Marshall said:

*starts looking desperately for a different healing motivator, only to discover that there are none*

Hmmm... Edgedancer what do you think?

This sounds viable.

I don't think cooperate would be quite the right word, but they'd need to arrive at some arrangement somehow, so the general idea works. Which leaves the question of how much control Nighthound gets over their physical actions. Like, he'd probably be in charge of the fighting and at least able to leverage his powers some but is the proposed motivator implant for example something he could force or something he'd need to blackmail her into by refusing to heal her otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Sazedezas said:

I say new thread. This was the first that wasn't a teenager (read the tags) so the next could be a responsible adult at 21.

Also, Tayahound in a dress is the best idea ever.

If it's 21+ now, does that means we can get Kokichi drunk?

(That concept would be terrifying.)

12 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

I don't think cooperate would be quite the right word, but they'd need to arrive at some arrangement somehow, so the general idea works. Which leaves the question of how much control Nighthound gets over their physical actions. Like, he'd probably be in charge of the fighting and at least able to leverage his powers some but is the proposed motivator implant for example something he could force or something he'd need to blackmail her into by refusing to heal her otherwise.

The way I see it, at first one of them is fully in control at a time, and that switches unpredictably. They might hear the other person's voice in their heads, but not much more than that. When she first activated the motivator, Nighthound would be in control for a while, so he would be able to do the surgery thing.

Later on, they might start to unwillingly compromise with each other on some things, so that one of them isn't undoing what the other was just doing once they gain control. They may also occasionally benefit from the other's particular skills, though I don't think Nighthound or Taya would admit that under anything but the most dire circumstances (ie Taya doesn't currently know how to fight, and might willingly cede Nighthound total control in a sufficiently threatening encounter).

Would Nighthound in fact be able to regulate Taya's access to power from the motivator when she is in control, though?

EDIT: We just hit 101 pages, time for question 21?

Edited by Drake Marshall

7 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

The way I see it, at first one of them is fully in control at a time, and that switches unpredictably. They might hear the other person's voice in their heads, but not much more than that. When she first activated the motivator, Nighthound would be in control for a while, so he would be able to do the surgery thing.

Later on, they might start to unwillingly compromise with each other on some things, so that one of them isn't undoing what the other was just doing once they gain control. They may also occasionally benefit from the other's particular skills, though I don't think Nighthound or Taya would admit that under anything but the most dire circumstances (ie Taya doesn't currently know how to fight, and might willingly cede Nighthound total control in a sufficiently threatening encounter).

Would Nighthound in fact be able to regulate Taya's access to power from the motivator when she is in control, though?

Yes it is. Who makes it?

12 minutes ago, Sazedezas said:

I say new thread. This was the first that wasn't a teenager (read the tags) so the next could be a responsible adult at 21.

Also, Tayahound in a dress is the best idea ever.

I don't think this community will ever be a responsible adult.

10 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Works for me. There's a lot of fun potential to play around there.

On the power control bit, that's the tricky part. The samer power the hounds are based on also allows Nighthound to fine tune his power in his own body and things like that, so it depends if it'd recognize the Nighthound personality as the original in charge or default to whoever is controling the body right now.

Well, we do have somebody with a Talent for making new pages. :ph34r:

Edit: Or we leave it to Winter. That works.

Edited by Edgedancer

9 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Probably not, or if so, only slightly.  And remember, Taya wouldn't be corrupted, as it is motivators.  Wait, does that mean Nighthound would be uncorrupted? :blink:

Just now, The Young Pyromancer said:

Probably not, or if so, only slightly.  And remember, Taya wouldn't be corrupted, as it is motivators.  Wait, does that mean Nighthound would be uncorrupted? :blink:

Nighthound would probably still be corrupted, because Nighthound's consciousness would presumably still reside in the tissue sample that powers the motivator.

Taya would not be corrupted, no. Or at least, more or less as uncorrupted as you can be when you hear Nighthound's voice in your head constantly.

• Voidus locked this topic