1 hour ago, winter devotion said:

The thing is, re: neo-nazis I don't think it's going to be possible to keep Red from interacting with them at all or thinking about them and I really don't want to write the squick that'd come from her not too negative opinions. 

Not to mention Quietus. He doesn't in fact believe in racial superiority, but he respects how effectively the mindset can be used to undermine people.

1 hour ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Please no. Though Nighthound would definitely qualify as S9 in my book.

If anything, Nighthound kind of reminds me of...

Oh. Storms.

Heartbreaker lives in Canada, doesn't he :huh:

Storms x2. That also means Red is probably Cherish, and is therefore fated to join the S9.

1 hour ago, winter devotion said:

Well, that would be interesting. But could he? I mean, he's pretty OP but coming back from the dead would've downgraded his abilities somewhat. 

Nighthound's power level definitely outclasses Quietus. A fair fight would probably end in curb stomp, because Quietus can't even hurt Nighthound (assuming Nighthound is immune to hypoxia anyway), and Nighthound can swamp Quietus with hounds, or pursue more indirect vectors of attack.

Although, Quietus makes an art form out of finding weakness, and he would probably piece together very quickly that destroying the motivators would let him win. And he's fast, and gets faster the more peole he is fighting at once. It might be over before Nighthound is able to get creative with things that could slip by Quietus' power.

So shrug I don't really know.

A Nighthound/Quietus/Red/Jacklyn situation would be exquisitely horrifying, though.

We just need five more and it's a party.

2 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

Hm, actually how likely is Nighthound's disaproval to trigger her weakness and how'd that influence things?

It depends on the way he phrased things, really. 

EDIT: And what're you guys talking about? Is it a worm thing?

Edited by winter devotion

Just now, Edgedancer said:

Which in turn might depend on how they meet. Do you have about a ballpark on how scenarios could go?

Well, it depends on what exact brand of possession/body sharing/general shenaniganery Tayahound turns out to be and how long she's been with Quietus by then. Approximately when, in roleplay time, will it start?

2 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

EDIT: And what're you guys talking about? Is it a worm thing?

Yes. The Slaughterhouse Nine is a group of superpowered serial killers from Worm.

In a story with quite a few horrible, nightmare-inducing, and/or cataclysmic beings, the Slaughterhouse Nine is a cut above the rest.

3 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Yes.  Heartbreaker is an evil emotion manipulator crossed with Nighthound.

Actually, I think if Jacklyn gets a permanent boost from a double enhancement she would be the most like Cherish.

Maybe. I said Red was like Cherish mostly by association with Heartbreaker, and the fact that Red can sense heartbeats and emotions to a precision that is reminiscent of Cherish. Although, psychologically speaking, Red is most similar to Crawler.

3 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Well, it depends on what exact brand of possession/body sharing/general shenaniganery Tayahound turns out to be and how long she's been with Quietus by then. Approximately when, in roleplay time, will it start?

That is a good question. If the Tayahound bit is what we're going with that would depend a good deal on @Drake Marshall . And that's assuming he wouldn't prefer to keep Taya Nighthound free after all.

1 minute ago, Drake Marshall said:

Yes. The Slaughterhouse Nine is a group of superpowered serial killers from Worm.

In a story with quite a few horrible, nightmare-inducing, and/or cataclysmic beings, the Slaughterhouse Nine is a cut above the rest.

Maybe. I said Red was like Cherish mostly by association with Heartbreaker, and the fact that Red can sense heartbeats and emotions to a precision that is reminiscent of Cherish. Although, psychologically speaking, Red is most similar to Crawler.

I've started reading it! 

9 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

That is a good question. If the Tayahound bit is what we're going with that would depend a good deal on @Drake Marshall. And that's assuming he wouldn't prefer to keep Taya Nighthound free after all.

Nah, Taya was already fated to have something kind of similar happen to her. She was going to snap and become an epic at some point (I even had a rather interesting powerset in mind). And I don't mean one that could particularly control it; there would have been a full-force rending. Sharing a body with Nighthound is in a sense a more intense version of what I was already planning.

Edited by Drake Marshall

3 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Nah, Taya was already fated to have something kind of similar happen to her. She was going to snap and become an epic at some point (I even had a rather interesting powerset in mind). Sharing a body with Nighthound is in a sense a more intense version of what I was already planning.

Are we thinking a flash back and forth, with vague memories of what's going on, or directly fighting over the control with each action? 

EDIT: What does Taya look like?

Edited by winter devotion

Personally I think dual-personality with Nighthound as one of the personalities sounds incredibly entertaining, but I'm open to other ideas.

Note that to keep things interesting, this means that Nighthound will modify the motivator so that Taya can't remove it when she is in control. Which Nighthound would totally do. He would probably have it made into a collar of some kind.

EDIT: Also, Bloodlight = Grey Boy? :D

(also, if you plan on reading Worm, don't look up too many of those names, because the wiki has spoilers)

Edited by Drake Marshall

3 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Are we thinking a flash back and forth, with vague memories of what's going on, or directly fighting over the control with each action? 

EDIT: What does Taya look like?

Pretty much what I was about to ask.

Is it weird that Nighthound is the guy that's definetly going to vote for growing their hair out? Using super powers at that.

Pretty much what I was about to ask.

Is it weird that Nighthound is the guy that's definetly going to vote for growing their hair out? Using super powers at that.

Taya being all "WE ARE NOT GROWING OUR HAIR OUT, but i guess you can kill that guy if you really want to," would be kinda funny. 

Just now, Drake Marshall said:

Personally I think dual-personality with Nighthound as one of the personalities sounds incredibly entertaining, but I'm open to other ideas.

Note that to keep things interesting, this means that Nighthound will modify the motivator so that Taya can't remove it when she is in control. Which Nighthound would totally do. He would probably have it made into a collar of some kind.

Really, the big question is how we'll handle tossing the control back and forth between each other.

Eh, open chest, put motivator into important organ, make removing it straight up fatal without the healing factor. Problem solved.

2 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

Really, the big question is how we'll handle tossing the control back and forth between each other.

Eh, open chest, put motivator into important organ, make removing it straight up fatal without the healing factor. Problem solved.

*starts looking desperately for a different healing motivator, only to discover that there are none*

3 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I think at first it should be battling, but maybe they figure out they need to cooperate and so have a character arc.

Hmmm... Edgedancer what do you think?

This sounds viable.

5 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I think at first it should be battling, but maybe they figure out they need to cooperate and so have a character arc.

Nighthound... character arc... cooperate. I don't think these words work the way you ant them to work. :P

13 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Taya being all "WE ARE NOT GROWING OUR HAIR OUT, but i guess you can kill that guy if you really want to," would be kinda funny. 

Also fashion. Nighthound is going to be a stickler about dressing properly, so she doesn't emberass him in front of all the other Epics. :P

Nighthound... character arc... cooperate. I don't think these words work the way you ant them to work. :P

Also fashion. Nighthound is going to be a stickler about dressing properly, so she doesn't emberass him in front of all the other Epics. :P

Concept: Tayahound in a dress.