18 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

I think this enhancer trio needs a name that’s different so I stop mentally confusing them with the Oregon Trifecta. Which group are you referring to?

Enhancers, sorry LOL.

EDIT: Maybe we could call them the Compounder or something.

EDIT: Or the Circuit.

Edited by Sazedezas

1 hour ago, winter devotion said:

The Circuit’s pretty clever.

Haha, thanks. It actually comes from another Branderson thing, where I coined the term Synergized Investiture Circuit for a thing done with actual Nicrobursts or Ettmetal. I realized that the Reckonerverse is all about brevity, so I took of the first two words. Plus, Investiture wasn't really applicable...

37 minutes ago, Sazedezas said:

Haha, thanks. It actually comes from another Branderson thing, where I coined the term Synergized Investiture Circuit for a thing done with actual Nicrobursts or Ettmetal. I realized that the Reckonerverse is all about brevity, so I took of the first two words. Plus, Investiture wasn't really applicable...

Huh

I find it funny that the summary said Nicroburst's location is a well-sought-after secret, yet literally no one has been searching for him, or even expressed any motive to!  I mean, Epoch's laid back, Typhon's Typhon, Armageddon doesn't know anything, we know nothing about the MEC because Voidus is gone and I doubt they would seek him out anyways, Orbit is busy running his criminal operation, and everyone else is either new or neutral.  I mean, I guess Doubletake could have been looking for him, but one faction doesn't really count as "well-sought-after" in my opinion.  :D  There is literally no mention of him in-thread, or any reason why anyone would want to find him.

EDIT: Epic ability activate!

Edited by The Young Pyromancer

2 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I find it funny that the summary said Nicroburst's location is a well-sought-after secret, yet literally no one has been searching for him, or even expressed any motive to!  I mean, Epoch's laid back, Typhon's Typhon, Armageddon doesn't know anything, we know nothing about the MEC because Voidus is gone and I doubt they would seek him out anyways, Orbit is busy running his criminal operation, and everyone else is either new or neutral.  I mean, I guess Doubletake could have been looking for him, but one faction doesn't really count as "well-sought-after" in my opinion.  :D  There is literally no mention of him in-thread, or any reason why anyone would want to find him.

:shrug:

7 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

MEC would actually probably like to find him quite a bit :P
Also I'm not gone, just haven't had much need for the MEC yet.

2 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

"Yeah, I'm totally sought after. Really. Like... everybody's after me. Every... body..."

* starts crying *

"I just want someone to care enough to chase me..."

34 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

"Yeah, I'm totally sought after. Really. Like... everybody's after me. Every... body..."

* starts crying *

"I just want someone to care enough to chase me..."

Backtracks return to the game is now officially canon. :P

(Actually on second thoughts Backtrack is probably pretty happy for nobody to know who he is or where to find him.)

10 hours ago, winter devotion said:

I’ll have you know, the word trifecta still triggers my fight or flight reflexes to this day. 

@Edgedancer Since it seems we might be going with a Tayahound idea, will you bring Ray back? (I’m trying really hard to not pressure you to. Unfortunately, I’m sorta failing. I love her character too much.)

Oh Ray is absolutely on the list of characters to be brought back. Only reason that hasn't happened yet is because my IRL situation isn't clearing up as fast as I would have anticipated and dealing with that first seems more reasonable than getting involved with barely any time and potentially holding people up.

5 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

Oh Ray is absolutely on the list of characters to be brought back. Only reason that hasn't happened yet is because my IRL situation isn't clearing up as fast as I would have anticipated and dealing with that first seems more reasonable than getting involved with barely any time and potentially holding people up.

Okay! Hope you figure that out soon! (I swear, it’s not just cause I want to see more Ray, really.)

10 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Also just because people aren’t thinking about looking for him doesn’t mean people aren’t looking for him.  If his existence is rumoured I could see Notley trying to find him just to eliminate the threat he represents.  It’s not her most pressing concern so she’s not gonna think about it unless it comes up, but she probably has operatives out there searching.   

On 2018-08-10 at 4:45 PM, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

@Comatose Did Notley contact the Circle at all after the research lab incident? Just need to know for something I'm planning.

@Drake Marshall How is Taya's little infiltration under the guise of Agent Rook going?

I think she probably would just to say “hey we caught one of your operatives stealing from our facility.  If you want to collaborate on a mission we would be happy to work out the terms of such an endeavour and thought you should know what one of your agents is up to”

EDIT: also Upgrade is mine and has been introduced ;)   

Did anyone else see Kobold's post here and secretly hope he might have been joining the new RP? :P
I knew it was a long shot but I was still secretly hoping it would happen.

(Totally understand IRL stuff though if you ever read this Kobold, not trying to pressure anyone into anything or make them feel guilty)

31 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Did anyone else see Kobold's post here and secretly hope he might have been joining the new RP? :P
I knew it was a long shot but I was still secretly hoping it would happen.

(Totally understand IRL stuff though if you ever read this Kobold, not trying to pressure anyone into anything or make them feel guilty)

I wouldn’t say it was secretly, haha.

Anyway, @Edgedancer, I can’t stop drawing Ray and it’s getting to be a bit of a problem?

Spoiler

B48D4BA8-FF42-4C43-8AC1-8DA6F76592D5.thumb.jpeg.2430a23e18e605ba2a2dba2d620baa9d.jpeg

Okay, so I've got some potential photos to distinguish characters.

Arachnerd:

Spoiler

5b7066b7f0835_ArachnerdFinal(3).thumb.png.e6b16f50c9bf3e6730f79055058c3fe9.png

Bloodlight:

Spoiler

5b7066bac7f97_Bloodlight2(3).png.ab4aee986ada4ff065e7540b657810b6.png

The one I like best for Karabiner has a Swastika, so I'm wary about using it, lest I appear insensitive. I like it best because he kind of turned Nazi in my writing of his next post. So, trigger warning.

Spoiler

5b706809107be_KarabinerNazi(2).png.0d47bc787814d775eace02084d641b87.png

What do y'all think?

17 minutes ago, Sazedezas said:

Okay, so I've got some potential photos to distinguish characters.

Arachnerd:

Reveal hidden contents

5b7066b7f0835_ArachnerdFinal(3).thumb.png.e6b16f50c9bf3e6730f79055058c3fe9.png

Bloodlight:

Reveal hidden contents

5b7066bac7f97_Bloodlight2(3).png.ab4aee986ada4ff065e7540b657810b6.png

The one I like best for Karabiner has a Swastika, so I'm wary about using it, lest I appear insensitive. I like it best because he kind of turned Nazi in my writing of his next post. So, trigger warning.

Reveal hidden contents

5b706809107be_KarabinerNazi(2).png.0d47bc787814d775eace02084d641b87.png

What do y'all think?

Like, turned nazi as in his character is an antisemetic or just a general fascist?

16 hours ago, Sazedezas said:

The magnet Epic will be called Polarity.

Can we please pair them with an epic with enhanced physique called "Olympian" so their team name would be "Olympia Polaris" :P

16 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

About the trifecta of doom, I have talked a little bit with Ant about what would happen with Borrower and Nicro.  The thing we came up with makes sense, so unless the whole trifecta assembles, we can use that.

Synergized enhancers is a scary thought.

Off the tope of my head, Kokichi (reality is officially out to lunch), Orbit (a literal black hole), Epoch (instant timestops everywhere), Quietus (a wave of stilness kills everyone), Impact (a wave of motion kills everyone), Riley (a wave of heat kills everyone), Armageddon (everyone is brainwashed), Creator (everyone is soulcast into cheese), Arachnerd (the ground becomes spiders), Lethe (everybody is mindwiped), and Euphoria (everyone is brainwashed, part 2) could all pretty much instantly screw the city with the power of an enhancement feedback loop.

16 hours ago, winter devotion said:

@Edgedancer Since it seems we might be going with a Tayahound idea, will you bring Ray back? (I’m trying really hard to not pressure you to. Unfortunately, I’m sorta failing. I love her character too much.)

Nightrook? :P

9 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I mean, Epoch's laid back, Typhon's Typhon, Armageddon doesn't know anything, we know nothing about the MEC because Voidus is gone and I doubt they would seek him out anyways, Orbit is busy running his criminal operation, and everyone else is either new or neutral.

Huh. When you put it that way, it sounds like things are pretty calm.

Time to start working on something to fix that :D

18 minutes ago, Sazedezas said:

Are you telling me that Empire 88 is now a thing in Edmonton?

Oh dear. We now have a faction of neo-nazi supervillains, and a faction of drug dealers, and a faction that's mostly mooks with a conniving leader. We even have a (completely fake) endbringer named Typhon. The logical next step is for the S9 to arrive...

4 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Like, turned nazi as in his character is an antisemetic or just a general fascist?

Less anti-Semitic and more pro-Aryan/Epic-superman. Basically, he considers Hitler's "undesirables" the lowest firm of humanity, with Epics asking then being somewhat more acceptable. Other people are likewise discriminated against based on powers out the lack thereof, with Aryan people second only to Aryan Epics, like himself. Unlike Hitler, he isn't out to exterminate anyone, but he'll kill those he considers lower without provocation, and he constantly strives to become a truer "superman" than Hitler or Steelheart.

1 minute ago, Sazedezas said:

Less anti-Semitic and more pro-Aryan/Epic-superman. Basically, he considers Hitler's "undesirables" the lowest firm of humanity, with Epics asking then being somewhat more acceptable. Other people are likewise discriminated against based on powers out the lack thereof, with Aryan people second only to Aryan Epics, like himself. Unlike Hitler, he isn't out to exterminate anyone, but he'll kill those he considers lower without provocation, and he constantly strives to become a truer "superman" than Hitler or Steelheart.

This is sorta uncomfortable making. 

7 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Oh dear. We now have a faction of neo-nazi supervillains, and a faction of drug dealers, and a faction that's mostly mooks with a conniving leader. We even have a (completely fake) endbringer named Typhon. The logical next step is for the S9 to arrive...

Holy crap.

7 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Off the tope of my head, Kokichi (reality is officially out to lunch), Orbit (a literal black hole), Epoch (instant timestops everywhere), Quietus (a wave of stilness kills everyone), Impact (a wave of motion kills everyone), Riley (a wave of heat kills everyone), Armageddon (everyone is brainwashed), Creator (everyone is soulcast into cheese), Arachnerd (the ground becomes spiders), Lethe (everybody is mindwiped), and Euphoria (everyone is brainwashed, part 2) could all pretty much instantly screw the city with the power of an enhancement feedback loop.

Actually, we were thinking that a double enhancer would give a small/medium permanent powerup.