20 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

When it says "Modus Operandi" in the template, what does it mean by that?

More or less their way of doing things. If they'r e an Epic, this might include their particular brand of evil, whether or not they fight the evil, and if so ho hard they try. Maybe take a look at some of the characters in Edmonton's Recipe for Epic Maple Pug Treats, if that didn't make sense, because I'm terrible at explanations. Can't wait for you to join us!

P.S. I honestly didn't intend to drop off the face of the planet, but I guess that happened, sorry. I trust you guys have found ways around needing my characters for this past while?

3 hours ago, winter devotion said:

For example, Batman’s MO is dressing up like a bat, punching people, and never killing. I think.

Batman can kill, he just tries not to.  You are thinking of guns.  https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BatmanGrabsAGun

EDIT: Power activate!

Edited by The Young Pyromancer

1 hour ago, Ark1002 said:

Could someone give me a summary of what I need to know to join What Happened in Edmonton?

More or less what has happened in the thread (sorry if I miss something):

• The city houses quite a wide variety of factions. For more details on the major factions, see the initial post in the WHiE thread.
  • Doubletake, a precog and the most powerful epic in the city, disappears.
    • So does Titan, her most powerful supporter.
    • Also, Epoch, a time epic and the leader of a rival faction, had his weakness leaked in the aftermath of Doubletake's death.
    • Various groups respond to this.
  • Various groups of refugees arrive in the city, mostly from Oregon and Calgary. Some of them are epics. To my knowledge, these are the ones that have made a debut so far:
    • Spoiler

• Knoxx, an epic that makes walls and phases through them.
      • Silhouette, an epic with shadow-themed powers. Friends with Knoxx.
      • Scribbler, an epic with ink-themed powers.
      • Impact and MV, twins with momentum creation and manipulation powers, respectively.
      • Taya, a nonpowered fugitive from Toronto who cons epic regimes for a living.
      • Kokichi, a reality warper that creates an area where toon physics applies. Kind of. It's hard to explain, but entertaining.
      • Red, a psychotic blood epic that enjoys being enslaved by other psychotic epics. Including Nighthound, the most abusive epic in the history of Oregon (who is, at least for the time being, dead).
      • Liam the Moose, a nonpowered secret agent type with a motivator-enhanced Volkswagon Samba.
      • Riley, a thermal epic (think Obliteration but less OP) that hates the government.
      • Armageddon, aka Woobie, destroyer of worlds. Brainwashing powers and omnicidal tendencies.
      • Jacklyn, an epic whose power is being attractive, and slowly intensifying relationships with her (uncontrollably).
      • Bloodlight, a high epic whose powers I really can't explain in one sentence.
      • Taylor Swift, a shapeshifter/healer epic being hunted by the Reckoners.
      • A bunch of Oregonian refugees all in one group, including several epics from Corvallis.

• Orbit (gravity epic) is attacked by Knoxx (walls epic) and Silhouette (shadow epic), and fights them off. Sangria (fire epic, kind of) and co help with damage control to ingratiate themselves to Orbit.
  • Armageddon (omnicidal brainwasher) sends out a message to everybody about his motives. He ends up having a long-range conversation with a mystery epic, discussing why he wants to destroy the world.
  • Taya (fugitive) enters Edomonton, and is effectively recruited by Typhon (feral epic, but not). In a plan to save herself from a lethal poison, she is currently impersonating an agent in Circle of the Shield.
  • Scribbler travels towards Edmonton and then makes preparations to enter the city.
  • Liam the Moose heads for Edmonton and runs into the Kokichi (reality warper). Together, they visit a research facility for leads on Liam's mission, and subsequently rob said facility when they are shut out. This causes the Alberta Government to try to arrest them. A car/motorcycle chase ensues, and is then interrupted by the Riley (thermal epic), who kills the people that are chasing Liam and Kokichi, before passing out from injuries gained during the fighting. In the aftermath, Phytomagnet (plant epic) notices them and starts asking questions, but Liam and Kokichi talk their way out of the situation and run away, bringing Riley along. Liam, Kokichi, and Riley are currently situated in an abandoned refinery, with Riley regaining consciousness and making an escape.
  • Jacklyn (attractiveness epic) tries to enter Epoch's territory. Red (blood epic) attempts to swear her undying loyalty to Jacklyn, only for Jacklyn to run away. Meanwhile, Impact (momentum epic) watches the scene from overhead. Epoch (time epic) gets paranoid by all the epic activity and sends enforcers to capture them all, and also sends Quietus (speed-stealing epic), the extremely sadistic head enforcer. Red senses Quietus' approach and allows herself to be captured. Jacklyn gets lost while trying to leave ERA territory and is also detained. Quietus approaches Impact, and they are now conversing.
Edited by Drake Marshall

1 hour ago, Drake Marshall said:

More or less what has happened in the thread (sorry if I miss something):

• The city houses quite a wide variety of factions. For more details on the major factions, see the initial post in the WHiE thread.
  • Doubletake, a precog and the most powerful epic in the city, disappears.
    • So does Titan, her most powerful supporter.
    • Also, Epoch, a time epic and the leader of a rival faction, had his weakness leaked in the aftermath of Doubletake's death.
    • Various groups respond to this.
  • Various groups of refugees arrive in the city, mostly from Oregon and Calgary. Some of them are epics. To my knowledge, these are the ones that have made a debut so far:
    •   Reveal hidden contents

• Knoxx, an epic that makes walls and phases through them.
      • Silhouette, an epic with shadow-themed powers. Friends with Knoxx.
      • Scribbler, an epic with ink-themed powers.
      • Impact and MV, twins with momentum creation and manipulation powers, respectively.
      • Taya, a nonpowered fugitive from Toronto who cons epic regimes for a living.
      • Kokichi, a reality warper that creates an area where toon physics applies. Kind of. It's hard to explain, but entertaining.
      • Red, a psychotic blood epic that enjoys being enslaved by other psychotic epics. Including Nighthound, the most abusive epic in the history of Oregon (who is, at least for the time being, dead).
      • Liam the Moose, a nonpowered secret agent type with a motivator-enhanced Volkswagon Samba.
      • Riley, a thermal epic (think Obliteration but less OP) that hates the government.
      • Armageddon, aka Woobie, destroyer of worlds. Brainwashing powers and omnicidal tendencies.
      • Jacklyn, an epic whose power is being attractive, and slowly intensifying relationships with her (uncontrollably).
      • Bloodlight, a high epic whose powers I really can't explain in one sentence.
      • Taylor Swift, a shapeshifter/healer epic being hunted by the Reckoners.
      • A bunch of Oregonian refugees all in one group, including several epics from Corvallis.

• Orbit (gravity epic) is attacked by Knoxx (walls epic) and Silhouette (shadow epic), and fights them off. Sangria (fire epic, kind of) and co help with damage control to ingratiate themselves to Orbit.
  • Armageddon (omnicidal brainwasher) sends out a message to everybody about his motives. He ends up having a long-range conversation with a mystery epic, discussing why he wants to destroy the world.
  • Taya (fugitive) enters Edomonton, and is effectively recruited by Typhon (feral epic, but not). In a plan to save herself from a lethal poison, she is currently impersonating an agent in Circle of the Shield.
  • Scribbler travels towards Edmonton and then makes preparations to enter the city.
  • Liam the Moose heads for Edmonton and runs into the Kokichi (reality warper). Together, they visit a research facility for leads on Liam's mission, and subsequently rob said facility when they are shut out. This causes the Alberta Government to try to arrest them. A car/motorcycle chase ensues, and is then interrupted by the Riley (thermal epic), who kills the people that are chasing Liam and Kokichi, before passing out from injuries gained during the fighting. In the aftermath, Phytomagnet (plant epic) notices them and starts asking questions, but Liam and Kokichi talk their way out of the situation and run away, bringing Riley along. Liam, Kokichi, and Riley are currently situated in an abandoned refinery, with Riley regaining consciousness and making an escape.
  • Jacklyn (attractiveness epic) tries to enter Epoch's territory. Red (blood epic) attempts to swear her undying loyalty to Jacklyn, only for Jacklyn to run away. Meanwhile, Impact (momentum epic) watches the scene from overhead. Epoch (time epic) gets paranoid by all the epic activity and sends enforcers to capture them all, and also sends Quietus (speed-stealing epic), the extremely sadistic head enforcer. Red senses Quietus' approach and allows herself to be captured. Jacklyn gets lost while trying to leave ERA territory and is also detained. Quietus approaches Impact, and they are now conversing.

Which do you think is stronger, Red’s masochism or Quietus’s sadism? 

Also there is a mysterious Epic being mysterious.

EDIT: Also, I can't wait until Jacklyn and Kokichi interact.  They both have anime-type powers, and Kokichi might think that she is meant to be their love interest or something because they think they are in an anime.

Edited by The Young Pyromancer

1 hour ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Also there is a mysterious Epic being mysterious.

EDIT: Also, I can't wait until Jacklyn and Kokichi interact.  They both have anime-type powers, and Kokichi might think that she is meant to be their love interest or something because they think they are in an anime.

Nah, they’d probably not care about her in a hillarious gag. Like, the idea of them having a romantic interest in anyone is kinda antithetical to their completely oblivious about feelings nature. They’re probably aro ace, come to think about it, though their powers interacting with hers would be literally the best thing to ever happen.

Hey, so I just realized something: If Karabiner were to get his hands on Upgrade, he could do some wacky things that might result in both having much larger powersets (making them both Links, basically) and Epic poer Mobile apps. Maybe that's a bit OP, but I just came up with a reason for everybody -not just the Circle of the Sheild - to want his head. What do y'all think?

Also, @Drake Marshall Karabiner should respond soon.

Also also actually actually, my brother @TheRutabagaKing! decided he didn't want to join the RP yet, and wants me to write for his unnamed magnet Epic until he has makes time for this, so I'm going to try to get him set up. He (unfortunately) needs to stay alive past the end of this RP, so just keep that in mind.

Spoiler

Name: (I'll ask him if he has one in mind, but I'm thinking Joe)

Epic Name: (Neither of us can think of any good ones, input appreciated)

Primary Power: Nonferrous Magnetization: [Epic] can magnetize any piece of metal even partially within 100', regardless of iron content or absence. Can be used subconsciously as part of a PI. Metals remain magnetized indefinitely, regardless of proximity, though they can be discharged via the normal means of discharging magnetized iron (giving it an equal and opposite charge, heating it above the Curie temperature, etc.,)

Secondary Power: Magnetic Manipulation: Can control the strength and polar alignment of any and all magnets within 200'. Can be used subconsciously.

Tertiary Power: Heart Magnet: [Epic]'s heart generates an ultra-magnetic field, extending 4' in all directions from it. He can control it's poles and strength like any other magnet, but it acts as a compass by default. When used in conjunction with his primary and secondary powers, it grant him an immunity to metal attacks of virtually all kinds.

Quaternary Power: Magnet Awareness (passive): [Epic] is automatically aware of the location, strength, and polar alignment of all objects he has magnetized, regardless of distance, and all other magnets within 1/2 mile of him.

MO: I'll have to talk to my bro about this, but I can confirm that he's totally Corrupt.

Short Backstory: Been an Epic for a few years, but always stopped by something from getting Newcago, which would be disastrous for all who opposed him, as he would basically be unstoppable there. Most recently, he was/will be teleported to Olympia Polaris by Risk, a teleportation Epic who can send things and people to random places he has no serious connection to, but nowhere else. Is seeking a way to teleport back to Newcago, as he believes any other route would run him afoul of Risk's people, who seem determined to protect Newcago from him, rather than just join him in a takeover like normal Epics.

...I’ll try to get some posts up soonish; the last couple days I was busy with other stuff but I have some ideas.

2 hours ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

@Drake Marshall How is Taya's little infiltration under the guise of Agent Rook going?

She is waiting to speak with Premier Notley, I think.

55 minutes ago, Sazedezas said:

Hey, so I just realized something: If Karabiner were to get his hands on Upgrade, he could do some wacky things that might result in both having much larger powersets (making them both Links, basically) and Epic poer Mobile apps. Maybe that's a bit OP, but I just came up with a reason for everybody -not just the Circle of the Sheild - to want his head. What do y'all think?

Also, @Drake Marshall Karabiner should respond soon.

Also also actually actually, my brother @TheRutabagaKing! decided he didn't want to join the RP yet, and wants me to write for his unnamed magnet Epic until he has makes time for this, so I'm going to try to get him set up. He (unfortunately) needs to stay alive past the end of this RP, so just keep that in mind.

Reveal hidden contents

Name: (I'll ask him if he has one in mind, but I'm thinking Joe)

Epic Name: (Neither of us can think of any good ones, input appreciated)

Primary Power: Nonferrous Magnetization: [Epic] can magnetize any piece of metal even partially within 100', regardless of iron content or absence. Can be used subconsciously as part of a PI. Metals remain magnetized indefinitely, regardless of proximity, though they can be discharged via the normal means of discharging magnetized iron (giving it an equal and opposite charge, heating it above the Curie temperature, etc.,)

Secondary Power: Magnetic Manipulation: Can control the strength and polar alignment of any and all magnets within 200'. Can be used subconsciously.

Tertiary Power: Heart Magnet: [Epic]'s heart generates an ultra-magnetic field, extending 4' in all directions from it. He can control it's poles and strength like any other magnet, but it acts as a compass by default. When used in conjunction with his primary and secondary powers, it grant him an immunity to metal attacks of virtually all kinds.

Quaternary Power: Magnet Awareness (passive): [Epic] is automatically aware of the location, strength, and polar alignment of all objects he has magnetized, regardless of distance, and all other magnets within 1/2 mile of him.

MO: I'll have to talk to my bro about this, but I can confirm that he's totally Corrupt.

Short Backstory: Been an Epic for a few years, but always stopped by something from getting Newcago, which would be disastrous for all who opposed him, as he would basically be unstoppable there. Most recently, he was/will be teleported to Olympia Polaris by Risk, a teleportation Epic who can send things and people to random places he has no serious connection to, but nowhere else. Is seeking a way to teleport back to Newcago, as he believes any other route would run him afoul of Risk's people, who seem determined to protect Newcago from him, rather than just join him in a takeover like normal Epics.

There are reasons why enhancers are powerful, yes. The most dramatic synergy would very probably be Upgrade-Nicroburst, although they would need a third epic for things to really start to get interesting.

A magnetism epic. Fun.

Edmonton seems to house a noteworthy population of both meta epics and physics-themed epics. How very meta-physical :P

Actually though, from the books I think that having prevelant themes in a region is fairly common. It helps give each city a unique vibe.

Edited by Drake Marshall

12 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

And then add Kokichi to the equation and laugh as reality as we know it falls to pieces.

Kokichi’s powers are already pretty high level— getting enhanced would probably give them Discord esc full on reality warping. A scary thought.

Okay, so my other brother came up with a name and  we both felt pretty dumb. The magnet Epic will be called Polarity. What's more, he is a Tongan albino who's name escapes me, and we know his weakness, which I'll PM to... Who?

Edited by Sazedezas
typo

2 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Edgedancer.

About the trifecta of doom, I have talked a little bit with Ant about what would happen with Borrower and Nicro.  The thing we came up with makes sense, so unless the whole trifecta assembles, we can use that.

I’ll have you know, the word trifecta still triggers my fight or flight reflexes to this day. 

@Edgedancer Since it seems we might be going with a Tayahound idea, will you bring Ray back? (I’m trying really hard to not pressure you to. Unfortunately, I’m sorta failing. I love her character too much.)

2 minutes ago, Sazedezas said:

I just realized, if we put the trifecta with Karabiner, they would all permanently become Trifecta-fied Karabiner. That would be insane.

I think this enhancer trio needs a name that’s different so I stop mentally confusing them with the Oregon Trifecta. Which group are you referring to?