Just now, Nohadon said:

Where do I post my character? (once I've made it)

Can characters move between threads? Is that common?

What's the deal with people putting an icon before their in character posts?

(more questions will come when I think of them)

Post it here to start, that way we can all take a look at them.

Right now only the What Happened in Edmonton thread is active.

That's a way to identify easily which character someone with multiple is writing for.

Welcome @Nohadon I think the images thing was at least in part just an imitation of how Robert Jordan and Brandon put headers at the start of their chapters that are content or character dependent. But yeah it does help distinguish between multiple characters in a single post.

Turns out the one thing making writing a post up even harder than moving is having to deal with an internet and electrical blackout back to back for unrelated reasons. So sorry about that, at least it happened when you guys were still free to proceed without me. So there should be a post from me soon, for real this time.

7 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Worse option #2: Nighthound is Kelsier. He died but used hemalurgy to come back.

You jest, but I remember messing with people by implying a horror sequel style follow up where somebody trying to make a full set of Nighthound Motivators ends up getting effectively possessed by him. (Specifically through his meta/controling people powers causing the healing factor to glitch out)

15 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

Turns out the one thing making writing a post up even harder than moving is having to deal with an internet and electrical blackout back to back for unrelated reasons. So sorry about that, at least it happened when you guys were still free to proceed without me. So there should be a post from me soon, for real this time.

You jest, but I remember messing with people by implying a horror sequel style follow up where somebody trying to make a full set of Nighthound Motivators ends up getting effectively possessed by him. (Specifically through his meta/controling people powers causing the healing factor to glitch out)

* Realizes that he said PP might be around making Motivators and would have had ample opportunities to steal some Nighthound blood*

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

* Realizes that he said PP might be around making Motivators and would have had ample opportunities to steal some Nighthound blood*

So you know, if you want to revive the nightmare, feel free to. I'm sure karma won't blame you. :P

1 hour ago, Edgedancer said:

So you know, if you want to revive the nightmare, feel free to. I'm sure karma won't blame you. :P

If I spent several hours in therapy first then I might be able to get the courage to resurrect Nighthound, but I don't think I could ever actually try to write him. :P

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

Well I guess we'll wait to hear back on the opinions of others then. :unsure:

Yeah, I did bring this up mostly as a reaction to a joke and while many a thing in here started as a joke, I'm not exactly pushing the idea. So no need to worry yet. The fate of the universe is still safe.

Edit: And if we're actually treating this as a potential thing now, I should mention that it comes pretty close to the no resurrection rule. I'd say it doesn't break it, out of it being closer to a mix between an artifical resurrection PI and just brainwashing somebody into behaving like Nighthound, than actually bringing him back to life, but I can easily see it being too close for people to just disqualify it on that alone.

Edited by Edgedancer

2 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

Yeah, I did bring this up mostly as a reaction to a joke and while many a thing in here started as a joke, I'm not exactly pushing the idea. So no need to worry yet. The fate of the universe is still safe.

Edit: And if we're actually treating this as a potential thing now, I should mention that it comes pretty close to the no resurrection rule. I'd say it doesn't break it, out of it being closer to a mix between an artifical resurrection PI and just brainwashing somebody into behaving like Nighthound, than actually bringing him back to life, but I can easily see it being too close for people to just disqualify it on that alone.

I don't mind on the basis of plausibility, but I'm not sure how it would effect things.  

I"M ALIVE!!!
Truly sorry for the absence, and anything that it might have caused. I'll just say that now.

I'll also say that you guys are amazing writers! Superb stuff in the thread! Now that I'm back in the scheme of things, I'll have to start pulling my weight.

A few ideas: One, I would like Liam and Kokichi to interact with as many PCs as possible, just for the fun of it. In RP-Time, they are currently cruising through Sherwood Park, where the Alb-Gov't Cycle patrol is about to spring upon them. This will cause a car chase, some nice action, and then my plan is that they chance upon Riley.

Riley is a very interesting person, because he views his powers as a curse. His life was fine until Calamity came. Additionally, he hates the Albertan Government, so I think that will be the grounds for his intervention.

Once Riley deals with the cycle patrol, it will be the nudge to get the van out of Sherwood Park and into the city. Once the crew is in the city, anything can happen.

1 minute ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

I"M ALIVE!!!
Truly sorry for the absence, and anything that it might have caused. I'll just say that now.

I'll also say that you guys are amazing writers! Superb stuff in the thread! Now that I'm back in the scheme of things, I'll have to start pulling my weight.

A few ideas: One, I would like Liam and Kokichi to interact with as many PCs as possible, just for the fun of it. In RP-Time, they are currently cruising through Sherwood Park, where the Alb-Gov't Cycle patrol is about to spring upon them. This will cause a car chase, some nice action, and then my plan is that they chance upon Riley.

Riley is a very interesting person, because he views his powers as a curse. His life was fine until Calamity came. Additionally, he hates the Albertan Government, so I think that will be the grounds for his intervention.

Once Riley deals with the cycle patrol, it will be the nudge to get the van out of Sherwood Park and into the city. Once the crew is in the city, anything can happen.

This is gonna be great.

7 hours ago, Voidus said:

Well I guess we'll wait to hear back on the opinions of others then. :unsure:

I would LOVE to have Nighthound return.  He is one of my favorite characters in the whole RP, and I actually originally thought of Jacklyn as a character enslaved by him.  You guys will probably think I'm weird, but I really like Nighthound instead of hating him.

2 hours ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

I"M ALIVE!!!

Hehehe.  If they could get Nicroburst involved in the story that would be great.  66% of my characters are really reactionary.

18 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I would LOVE to have Nighthound return.  He is one of my favorite characters in the whole RP, and I actually originally thought of Jacklyn as a character enslaved by him.  You guys will probably think I'm weird, but I really like Nighthound instead of hating him.

You’re talking to the person who wrote Red for the sole purpose of having her be enslaved by Nighthound.