10 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Just finished Epoch's reaction. Unfortunately, Jacklyn's powers may rather be working against her at the moment, although she has a head start on fleeing to another territory.

Also, I updated my post in the characters thread in a few ways.

In light of recent events, it is very possible that they will cross paths. Which is slightly concerning.

How would Quitus react to Red begging him to make her his slave?

Drake, I like your PRT classifications, but I have 1 thing to add.

Jacklyn, due to her secondary secondary (that sounds dumb, but it's not tertiary, so that's probably the right term), would probably be granted a Brute rating of zero.  Combine that with the fact that her other secondary makes people reluctant to kill her, I think her powers have a meta-Brute rating of 1, if such a thing exists.

EDIT: While I'm here, I can take any map-alteration requests you have.

Edited by The Young Pyromancer

Seeing that latest Epoch post, I'm disturbed and excited for the near future which will likely involve disturbing amounts of Quitus/Red. 

Please tell me they're at least similar ages? I think Red's probably in her late twenties, maybe, though I need to check. How old is he?

8 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Quietus:  The new Nighthound

If Quietus also ends up enslaving Jacklyn, things will be very awkward between her and Red.

Those words fill me with immeasurable dread...

That'd be amazing. We should do it. It's like a love triangle except it's terrible. 

2 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Yeah.  I'm fine with it, if Drake wants to set it up.  And if it doesn't happen, there's always WHOOC.

EDIT:  Winter, I think you forgot that 1. the cloak is ripped and 2. Impact is here.

Impact is a bit of a distance away so it's understandable, but Red would probably pick up on the hearbeat yeah.

8 hours ago, Voidus said:

Impact is a bit of a distance away so it's understandable, but Red would probably pick up on the hearbeat yeah.

She probably heard it but didn't care enough to actually acknowledge it. 

EDIT: @Voidus Is Neverthere's real body close enough to Red for her to hear?

Edited by winter devotion

I'm going to add a bit of a limitiation to Kokichi's powers. Or, at least, clarify a natural extension of them. If they're in enough physical pain or emotional pain, they lose their carefully polished control of their own mind. An extension of this is they stop being able to manipulate their powers in a constructive manner. Not sure if that was already obvious from what I've written, but, whatever. 

8 hours ago, winter devotion said:

She probably heard it but didn't care enough to actually acknowledge it. 

EDIT: @Voidus Is Neverthere's real body close enough to Red for her to hear?

Probably not but what's Reds range?

5 hours ago, antgrgmn said:

Voidus what do you think about Borrower keeping his main ability hidden and working with the MEC? 

Sounds possible if he didn't use their powers in front of them.

16 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Probably not but what's Reds range?

Sounds possible if he didn't use their powers in front of them.

The distance between the floating museum (from the top) to her house was basically just inside her range. Was there an actual address you’d established? We could do some math to find out if how far that was if you did. 

14 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Seeing that latest Epoch post, I'm disturbed and excited for the near future which will likely involve disturbing amounts of Quitus/Red. 

Please tell me they're at least similar ages? I think Red's probably in her late twenties, maybe, though I need to check. How old is he?

Yeah, I realized Red and Quietus would probably be running into each other eventually. Which is disturbing. Thing is, being part of a relatively organized faction results in a stronger "friend or foe" mentality (or, in Quietus' case, more like "accomplice or victim"). For Red, I'm honestly not sure which he will see her as, and both would be... Disquieting (pun totally intended).

If I remember right, he's in the vicinity of mid-twenties.

14 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Quietus:  The new Nighthound

If Quietus also ends up enslaving Jacklyn, things will be very awkward between her and Red.

Wow. I don't think awkward even begins to describe such an exquisitely terrible situation.

In general, enslavement is not Quietus' trademark. Nighthound already did such a good job of it, and I don't just want to clone Nighthound (nor had I properly read up on Nighthound's epic slontzedom when I started writing).

But, Quietus might enslave Jacklyn under the right(?) circumstances. He prefers not to repeat the same methods of breaking somebody twice. So at some point, he would definitely experiment with slavery. At least once, possibly more, if he could think of a sufficiently novel approach to enslavement to justify giving it another try.

13 hours ago, antgrgmn said:

What was Epoch’s weakness? The character sheet doesn’t say.

Monophobia. It triggers if he is alone, or if everybody around him is overtly hostile. It is also part of why he feels the need to have so many mooks.

13 hours ago, Weirdpersonx said:

Should I send Ironwood in on the Red situation as Epoch's "enforcers?"

That depends. Do you want Ironwood to get involved? It would not be too difficult to justify either situation, so I think you should do what you prefer.

Logistically speaking, Epoch asking for Ironwood's presence depends on the exact relationship between Epoch and Phytomagnet (ie, is Phytomagnet sort of like a satrap/governor, or a normal extension of the ERA chain of command, or pretty much just an ally, or something else entirely?). It also depends on how vulnerable that part of the territory would become with Ironwood gone.

Also, I just thought of a random power that for some reason I find rather amusing.

Basically, an uncontrolled ability to generate coincidences. In the epic's vicinity a lot of weird things would happen, which could be pretty entertaining. But it would also extend throughout the city, which makes for an interesting plot device, since it justifies the use of coincidence to advance the plot in interesting ways (for example, multiple unrelated epics all just happening to cross paths at the same time). In the right setting, this could also be a catalyst for why things are suddenly getting so interesting at the beginning of an RP thread.

1 minute ago, Drake Marshall said:

Yeah, I realized Red and Quietus would probably be running into each other eventually. Which is disturbing. Thing is, being part of a relatively organized faction results in a stronger "friend or foe" mentality (or, in Quietus' case, more like "accomplice or victim"). For Red, I'm honestly not sure which he will see her as, and both would be... Disquieting (pun totally intended).

If I remember right, he's in the vicinity of mid-twenties.

Wow. I don't think awkward even begins to describe such an exquisitely terrible situation.

In general, enslavement is not Quietus' trademark. Nighthound already did such a good job of it, and I don't just want to clone Nighthound (nor had I properly read up on Nighthound's epic slontzedom when I started writing).

But, Quietus might enslave Jacklyn under the right(?) circumstances. He prefers not to repeat the same methods of breaking somebody twice. So at some point, he would definitely experiment with slavery. At least once, possibly more, if he could think of a sufficiently novel approach to enslavement to justify giving it another try.

Monophobia. It triggers if he is alone, or if everybody around him is overtly hostile. It is also part of why he feels the need to have so many mooks.

That depends. Do you want Ironwood to get involved? It would not be too difficult to justify either situation, so I think you should do what you prefer.

Logistically speaking, Epoch asking for Ironwood's presence depends on the exact relationship between Epoch and Phytomagnet (ie, is Phytomagnet sort of like a satrap/governor, or a normal extension of the ERA chain of command, or pretty much just an ally, or something else entirely?). It also depends on how vulnerable that part of the territory would become with Ironwood gone.

Also, I just thought of a random power that for some reason I find rather amusing.

Basically, an uncontrolled ability to generate coincidences. In the epic's vicinity a lot of weird things would happen, which could be pretty entertaining. But it would also extend throughout the city, which makes for an interesting plot device, since it justifies the use of coincidence to advance the plot in interesting ways (for example, multiple unrelated epics all just happening to cross paths at the same time). In the right setting, this could also be a catalyst for why things are suddenly getting so interesting at the beginning of an RP thread.

I'm pretty sure Red'd join the faction for him. That kind of torture freak is precisely up her alley. Anyway, I'm using the term slave loosely when it comes to her. "Please torture me, I have a bunch of great suggestions for cool ways to make me hurt, and I'll love you for doing them to me you don't even need to kiss me though I seriously hope you'd do that too because I have terrible taste." Really, the only kind of torture that she wouldn't get excited for would be psychological. 

I'm up for whatever, though I'm pretty sure I'm going to have her join Epoch's faction to some extent. 

I think the governor-ish one would work better. Along the idea of largely independent but still subject to Epoch's rules/commands. Ironwood wouldn't be able to leave any "trees" behind due to his range restriction...actually, where is the event taking place? Depending on the speed corridors, it might not be a sufficient issue. There was also mention of someone (I don't remember who) who was thinking about hiding in the Sherwood Park area.

1 hour ago, winter devotion said:

The distance between the floating museum (from the top) to her house was basically just inside her range. Was there an actual address you’d established? We could do some math to find out if how far that was if you did. 

Haven't settled on an exact location yet but it'd be well outside the city, Neverthere has a pretty insane range.

9 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Haven't settled on an exact location yet but it'd be well outside the city, Neverthere has a pretty insane range.

If she's roughly the same distance away now as she was back then, I'd say Red would be able to tell only if she had reason to go listening for her. 

Just now, winter devotion said:

If she's roughly the same distance away now as she was back then, I'd say Red would be able to tell only if she had reason to go listening for her. 

Substantially further away, back then she was still in the city, now she's well outside the city proper. Probably mid way between Edmonton and Calgary so she can keep an eye on both. (So roughly 150km away from the center of Edmonton if google is to be believed)

Just now, Voidus said:

Substantially further away, back then she was still in the city, now she's well outside the city proper. Probably mid way between Edmonton and Calgary so she can keep an eye on both. (So roughly 150km away from the center of Edmonton if google is to be believed)

Then definitely not. 

8 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Has she tried spying on any of my Epics?

Not sure if Nicroburst would have been prominent enough for a more detailed investigation/stalking session, she would have done a brief examination of most areas of the city so she likely would have passed by, but until today she's been being somewhat discreet so it would be pretty difficult for someone to notice her prior to now.