2 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

I maybe have an idea for Peregrine, but I don't plan on it being too soon, so no need to change priorities over that.

What's the idea for Peregrine?  I'm working on a post he'll be in at the moment :).  

3 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

If you check her bio, she has a weird long-term thing that makes relationships with her slowly intensify.

Yeah, I know. 

I’ll be fine, I was just thinking a little more to your posts for me to work off of might be nice. :)

1 hour ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I can add stuff if you want.  I just get impatient and want to post it instead of working on it more.

EDIT: I always seem to start new pages for some reason...

That’d be good, yeah thanks. I’m the same way , I just type super quickly, lol. 

Huh.

So, do people still live in neighborhoods? Are they like creepy, decaying ghost towns, with overgrown grass and cracked driveways? Is every third house populated, either by a family struggling to hold on to their normal life or a scavenger hiding out?

Is Sherwood Park better than most other residential districts, because it's under the protection of the Albertan government?

Just now, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

So, do people still live in neighborhoods? Are they like creepy, decaying ghost towns, with overgrown grass and cracked driveways? Is every third house populated, either by a family struggling to hold on to their normal life or a scavenger hiding out?

Is Sherwood Park better than most other residential districts, because it's under the protection of the Albertan government?

I believe they do, the report Coma wrote seemed to indicate a level of normalcy. Sherwood Park is definitely better off. I'd say things get worse the farther West you go in the city, though the center is the worst off.

1 minute ago, Weirdpersonx said:

I believe they do, the report Coma wrote seemed to indicate a level of normalcy. Sherwood Park is definitely better off. I'd say things get worse the farther West you go in the city, though the center is the worst off.

Okay. That's good to know.

21 hours ago, Comatose said:

What's the idea for Peregrine?  I'm working on a post he'll be in at the moment :).  

The upshot is, at some point, Taya will very likely have good reason to be spying on Peregrine.

I have quite a few ideas for various interactions bouncing around, truth be told :)

1 hour ago, Weirdpersonx said:

Not for long.

20 minutes ago, Weirdpersonx said:

xD They will, if the ERA has anything to say about it! :-P (Go ahead though! I want to have more stuff to write for Phyto and Ironwood :-D)

Why is it that all of my characters are the kind with a fondness for anarchy?

Also, I just realized Red’s weakness probably just got triggered. She’s not going to be happy about that...

So I came up with this Epic

Name: Riley Henderson

Epic Name: Is still trying to come up with one. Has to be "cool."

Primary Power: Can transfer heat energy between objects. Ex: Can freeze things by drawing the heat from it, can melt things by drawing heat to it, etc.

Secondary Power: Has a virtually infinite capacity for heat.

Passive Power: Can see heat signatures (thermal vision).

Backstory: Is 19. Up until 11th grade, Riley had an affinity for chemistry. Did very well in his class. However, he was expelled from school following his Rending, during which he caused the water pipes in the school building to explode. Two students died in the incident before Riley was detained by authorities. Due to his age and his previously clear record, Riley was allowed to go free, but was expelled from school and was placed under surveillance. Now he works at a kiosk in the Sherwood Park Mall.

2 hours ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Usually epic powers would be too pervasive to allow someone to just  get back to such a standard job. Even curveball, a much weaker epic, was on a crew for steel hearts teams.

Im writing up a post now for silhouette and Knox escaping. It’ll be up tomorrow sometime. Also, anyone want to have their characters responsible for stealing the crate? It’s currently the belts entire supply of amberlight, which all of the members and most of their population are hooked on. If no one wants to be responsible, I have some contingencies in place, but I’ll need to make a few maples.

5 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

If you want, consider it stolen.

That’ll do, then.

Also, any objections to me referencing a “Lorist?” More of an informant on local Epics, but just someone to bring my out of Townsend up to speed.

4 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Ah.  Well, whether it would trigger her weakness or not would depend apon her view of what happened.

EDIT: Maybe a partial trigger?  So just weakened?

No, with her worldview, that’d be a full on melt down inducing trigger. 

Edit: Good news! I found a solution! Bad news! The solution is Red is now ragemode!Red. AKA, murderous vengeance. This is going to be fun. 

Edited by winter devotion

7 hours ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Primary Power: Can transfer heat energy between objects. Ex: Can freeze things by drawing the heat from it, can melt things by drawing heat to it, etc.

Would this be capable of leveling a city if, for example, you soaked up sunlight for a few weeks before releasing it all?

4 hours ago, winter devotion said:

No, with her worldview, that’d be a full on melt down inducing trigger. 

Edit: Good news! I found a solution! Bad news! The solution is Red is now ragemode!Red. AKA, murderous vengeance. This is going to be fun. 

Excellent, this will be interesting. Alder is about to run into her. Make what you will of that, but he doesn't necessarily have to survive...

8 hours ago, Bladestorm said:

Usually epic powers would be too pervasive to allow someone to just  get back to such a standard job. Even curveball, a much weaker epic, was on a crew for steel hearts teams.

Hmmm. You're right. I just need some sort of reason for Riley to be hanging around. Because Sherwood Park is much more controlled than the rest of town due to the influence of the feds, I'm struggling to find a good hideout for this guy, or someplace where he would blend in with the rest of the population.

1 hour ago, Drake Marshall said:

Would this be capable of leveling a city if, for example, you soaked up sunlight for a few weeks before releasing it all?

Technically. It would be a large exothermic event. However, Riley doesn't have any grand ambitions, yet. He kind of bums around.

10 hours ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Name: Riley Henderson

Epic Name: Is still trying to come up with one. Has to be "cool."

Passive Power: Can see heat signatures (thermal vision).

Backstory: Is 19. Up until 11th grade, Riley had an affinity for chemistry. Did very well in his class. However, he was expelled from school following his Rending, during which he caused the water pipes in the school building to explode. Two students died in the incident before Riley was detained by authorities. Due to his age and his previously clear record, Riley was allowed to go free, but was expelled from school and was placed under surveillance. Now he works at a kiosk in the Sherwood Park Mall.

Yeah 'near-infinite' is definitely problematic, this pretty much makes them stronger than one of the strongest Epics in the country. Also unless he's redeemed then as mentioned he should be too corrupted to 'blend in' well.