*Surfaces from the depths of forgotten seas*

Hello again guys, it's been awhile. Between recording music, travelling abroad, applying to become a firefighter, and trying to kill myself through sheer amount of classes at college, I had all but abandoned hope of ever being able to post again. But the storyteller that I enveloped in an act of dark science cannot let a story go unfinished, so I have returned to try and contribute once more, if you'll let me.

As far as the Dalles goes, it seems like the whole Quicksilver situation hasn't progressed since the last Edgerunner post. Is there anything else I should be aware of while writing the next Quicksilver scene?

36 minutes ago, Fatebreaker said:

*Surfaces from the depths of forgotten seas*

Hello again guys, it's been awhile. Between recording music, travelling abroad, applying to become a firefighter, and trying to kill myself through sheer amount of classes at college, I had all but abandoned hope of ever being able to post again. But the storyteller that I enveloped in an act of dark science cannot let a story go unfinished, so I have returned to try and contribute once more, if you'll let me.

As far as the Dalles goes, it seems like the whole Quicksilver situation hasn't progressed since the last Edgerunner post. Is there anything else I should be aware of while writing the next Quicksilver scene?

Always nice to see an old face again.

I don't think there's anything you need to know specifically but if you haven't already it might help to reread some of the last couple of posts in that scene.

1 hour ago, Comatose said:

So, hypothetical situation - say Shiny makes a pass (or Shiny's equivalent of a pass) at Nathan - How does Funtimes react to this Shiny Goddess flirting with her boyfriend?

I've actually been trying to figure that one out. :mellow: My gut reaction is that she'd enter Jealous Mode, but I've also figured that her fondness for an Epic who is shiny like her name might keep her from doing anything too drastic, maybe just teleporting Nathan to the other side of the room and saying "Paws off the boyfriend" or something like that. 

31 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I've actually been trying to figure that one out. :mellow: My gut reaction is that she'd enter Jealous Mode, but I've also figured that her fondness for an Epic who is shiny like her name might keep her from doing anything too drastic, maybe just teleporting Nathan to the other side of the room and saying "Paws off the boyfriend" or something like that. 

Really, the more important question my be what happens once Shiny makes obviously romantic passes at her. :mellow: 

The Faceless Young Girl Who Less Than Secretly Takes Pictures Of Epics now has a face! Good for her.

So, courtesy of @The Honor Spren, Lyla now actually has an appearance. Which means I'll probably be trying to integrate that into my posts from now on... which also means the way I've been writing her persoanlity might shift a little. Er. Sorry about that? :P

Also, I object to the Shiny/Shiny shipping. I mean, what would that shipname even be? Sparkle Funtimes?

Edited by Quiver

14 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

There's a very good chance that the majority of those passes will go over her head until Shiny just cuts to the chase and tries to kiss her. :mellow: 

And then the big reaction comes in about... an hour give or take. :P 

7 minutes ago, Quiver said:

The Faceless Young Girl Who Less Than Secretly Takes Pictures Of Epics now has a face! Good for her.

So, courtesy of @The Honor Spren, Lyla now actually has an appearance. Which means I'll probably be trying to integrate that into my posts from now on... which also means the way I've been writing her persoanlity might shift a little. Er. Sorry about that? :P

Also, I object to the Shiny/Shiny shipping. I mean, what would that shipname even be? Sparkle Funtimes?

Yay. 

Doctor Sparkles, of course.

10 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

And then the big reaction comes in about... an hour give or take. :P 

Yay. 

Doctor Sparkles, of course.

"Hello! I'm your physician, Doctor Sparkles! I have a Phd in Glitter, and Invasive heart surgery!"

5 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I was going to say Doctor Sparkletimes. Or Shiny Doctortimes. :P

See, now I'm picturing that scene for Doctor Strange, where the villain remarks on how it's a strange name. :ph34r:

25 minutes ago, bleeder said:

I should probably jump back in with my li'l vanilla. Any suggestions?

Well, you wanted to walk in with the Funtimes/Shiny meeting, right? I'd say two or so more posts and that should be fine. (Which (pending input from Twi of course) in real time presumably means about a week. Though you can always start his approach in a way that doesn't directly interupt the meeting.)

24 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Posted.

That cool with everybody?

Well, there's nothing wrong with it but if you were aiming to move towards Funtimes, then I don't think they currently are at the flying museum itself. Of course you could also be doing your own thing. :P 

Edited by Edgedancer

1 hour ago, Cognizantastic said:

I got access to the school gym's speakers, and blasted the Shia Labeouf song throughout the building. 

Imagine the faces of my fellow ambassadors as setting up curtains suddenly becomes overlaid with "You're walking in the woods..." :P 

I hope none of them had a traumatic experience. :P

2 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

@Kobold King, I'm going to be completely honest.

Nothing of import in the plot can happen without your characters.

I can't say that I understand your IRL circumstances, but I still thought I'd put that out there.

Which character should I make my highest priority?

I sincerely apologize and I will try to get... something written. I'm caught in a sort of cycle here. Not writing makes me feel guilty and depressed and not want to write, but then not writing makes me more guilty and depressed.

I'll try to break it.

To be... or not to be... will Caladin save his family and have random soldiers take up arms against odium... or will he be crushed when he realizes that his family has been brutally murdered... or will he have a philosophical conversation with hoid jassnah and an ugly lizard-crab-thing... the tension the drama the pugs!!!

Spoiler

IMG_0055.JPG

Edited by DreamLord_Erith

So... I've been reading the Portland RP for a while, and I have several question about this whole.... thing.

But first, see attached image for meme offering. (I love Dr. Funtimes so freaking much. Best. Epic. Ever.)

First off I noticed the "And then they died" list, where it talks about players that post "and then they died" as a response to an atrocity... Question: Where do they post this? the Questions thread?

Secondly, is there a particular reason this RP covers ONLY Oregon? I know WHY it covers Oregon, (which is because it's supposed to be a smoking crater by the time Steelheart happens) but why not any other areas? Why not Florida? Maine? Canada? Do we know if Epics appeared all over the world? If that's the case why not England? Russia? Japan?

Thirdly, how do I join up, and how often will I need to be posting for any characters to stay relevant to the story?

images (17).jpg

Edited by The Technovore

12 minutes ago, The Technovore said:

So... I've been reading the Portland RP for a while, and I have several question about this whole.... thing.

But first, see attached image for meme offering. (I love Dr. Funtimes so freaking much. Best. Epic. Ever.)

Haha, thanks. ^_^ 

12 minutes ago, The Technovore said:

First off I noticed the "And then they died" list, where it talks about players that post "and then they died" as a response to an atrocity... Question: Where do they post this? the Questions thread?

Pretty much, yeah. Usually what'll happen is that a player with an ATTD lister will do a post for that character, and other players will respond with "And then so-and-so died" to cope with whatever horrible thing the character just did. 

13 minutes ago, The Technovore said:

Secondly, is there a particular reason this RP covers ONLY Oregon? I know WHY it covers Oregon, (which is because it's supposed to be a smoking crater by the time Steelheart happens) but why not any other areas? Why not Florida? Maine? Canada? Do we know if Epics appeared all over the world? If that's the case why not England? Russia? Japan?

A couple of reasons. We decided to go with Oregon after A Joe in the Bush suggested we do Oregon back when the Reckoners RP was just an idea, since it had been mentioned in the books and exploring how Oregon became a smoking crater sounded interesting. It also gives players a goal to work toward, and lends the RP a sort of fatalistic feel. 

The main reason we're not focusing on other areas is because, to put it succinctly, we'd be biting off more than we could chew. The RP does mention other areas (two Epics and one non-Epic are from California, one Epic is from Washington State, Nathan is from Newcago, and Funtimes is from a number of places, Alaska and Seattle among them) and add some worldbuilding details to those mentions. The thing is, though, that in a post-apocalyptic world, a state like Oregon suddenly seems much bigger than it does now, owing to greater travel times, spotty phone service, and no internet to connect people across long distances. If we were to have a related RP in Florida, the connection to Oregon would be tangential at best. So, for ease of sanity, it's better to just stick with Oregon. There's plenty of worldbuilding to be done there. 

However, there is a side RP called the Wastelands that's set in Australia, but that one takes place two years after Calamity (as opposed to this one, which takes place two years before the events of Steelheart) and is not related to this one in any way. 

23 minutes ago, The Technovore said:

Thirdly, how do I join up, and how often will I need to be posting for any characters to stay relevant to the story?

Go ahead and post your character profiles here in the Question so other players can give feedback and constructive criticism. This will help your character(s) to fit in better with the story, and will work out any hiccups with continuity or powers. 

Though before you post, be aware that new players are only allowed one Epic, that Epic cannot have a prime invincibility, Portland and The Dalles are closed to new Epics, and character goals like "He just wants to destroy everything and overthrow everybody" will be rejected, because seriously, that would break the game.