58 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

He is not. :) You can go ahead and look through Portland for his posts with the search function. 

Alright, so I have decided to adopt Leech! I'm thinking of moving him out of Portland, and into Salem, if that is alright with @Voidus. I was also looking to make a small retcon to Leech's powers, namely forcing him to need physical contact to Leech. Leech's POV would be incredibly introspective, with him thinking about the nature of his abilities, and his need for family.

Reason for moving: 

Growing tired of serving under Corpsemaker, Leech has decided to take his followers with him and leave Portland, worrying that it is too dangerous for him there. Moving out to Salem, Leech seeks to start a new life, one where he and his family can be safe. However, he finds a hunger growing within him, a gnawing, insidious feeling. Leech feels the need to feed, how long will it be before the people of Salem start shriveling up?

3 hours ago, Chasmfiend said:

-__- 

I feel ignored.

Can someone please tell me if my vanilla is okay?

I like him.  It would be nice to get a little more detail, because it's kind of sparse at the moment, but everything you have looks good :).  I might suggest seeing if @Blaze1616 has time to give approval, since Buttercup is in charge of the police, but if he's not around or doesn't have time for it, I'm good.  Maybe just wait a few days to see if Blaze has time to take a look.  

3 hours ago, Jedal said:

damnation. Ok. Welp, I don't really have to be forced, I'm just pretty excited. I wanted to make my own character, but I now see that I do not yet have the right  talents for the job. Instead, I want to try and pick up where someone left off, as you said. If you really want me gone, I will leave.

And Cognizantastic, I'm just starting to look through his stuff, and I find myself starting to like him...

Just an FYI (because I think some wires were getting crossed), I don't think anyone was saying you could not make your own character.  Twi was just (repeatedly) bringing up a concern about the viability and practicality of having Battery ruling a city with a power grid (if I'm understanding her critique correctly) that never got responded to, even after Cog drew your attention to her comments.  You could have worked with her to develop Battery's backstory if you wanted, but you seemed to ignore her instead.  I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it kind of seemed that way when you responded to other comments but not to hers (more than once).  If you don't like the idea of changing Battery at all, then that might be a problem, but if you are open to revising him, I don't see a reason why he wouldn't work in the future.  

It's great though that you are interested in adopting an epic, so I'm not at all trying to discourage you from doing that.  I just wanted to note that Battery isn't necessarily incompatible with the RP, you are just going to have to be willing to respond to critique and edit accordingly.  

For my opinion of Battery (just in case you come back to him at some point), I am concerned about how common 'energy conversion' type powers are coming.  We have at least one epic in almost every city who can do some sort of energy transference, and any time epic powers start being repeated I get a little concerned.  I also share Twi's concerns about the plausibility of his backstory, and would suggest figuring out a more realistic community for him to rule that is suited to the setting and his power level.  

7 hours ago, Quiver said:

Huzzah, new thread!

...might be a good time t mention this then. I'm kind of considering maybe making a new character for the Dalles?

Just kind of occurred to me that, despite the Guard being a big part of the Dalles character and set-up...we don't really have any vanilla guardsmen PoV's.

:ph34r:

Just in case you want to consider it, there is a gifting Epic in the Dalles with people working under him. This totally isn't shameless self-advertisement and just informing you of oyur options. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Jedal said:

Alright, so I have decided to adopt Leech! I'm thinking of moving him out of Portland, and into Salem, if that is alright with @Voidus. I was also looking to make a small retcon to Leech's powers, namely forcing him to need physical contact to Leech. Leech's POV would be incredibly introspective, with him thinking about the nature of his abilities, and his need for family.

Reason for moving: 

Growing tired of serving under Corpsemaker, Leech has decided to take his followers with him and leave Portland, worrying that it is too dangerous for him there. Moving out to Salem, Leech seeks to start a new life, one where he and his family can be safe. However, he finds a hunger growing within him, a gnawing, insidious feeling. Leech feels the need to feed, how long will it be before the people of Salem start shriveling up?

A bit off a pity that Battery didn't work out for now but good spirit in wanting to adopt an Epic. You might want to think about leaving him in Portland though, that's some prime real estate there. :P
Anyway, make sure to also see if an escape like that would be okay with @Blackhoof the player of Corpsemaker.

@Jedal
I'm happy for Leech to be in Salem, but as was mentioned Portland is potentially a better location, particularly if you want to do anything plot heavy.

Though we are looking for some more plots to be introduced to Salem but it's been pretty dead lately.

In other news, until I get some Neverthere inspiration I'm doing these again.
A day in the life of The Streak

The streak woke slowly, the morning sunlight had long since been strong enough to wake most people but it was only just hitting the dim corner of the alley he'd been sleeping in.
He pulled the thin piece of cloth that was covering him to one side and stood up, stretching lightly.

His bare feet slapped against the pavement as he made his way out of the alley and into the sunlit streets, wincing slightly as his eyes adjusted.

A few passersby wrinkled their nose, whether it was at the torn, dirty rags he wore as clothes or at the smell that lingered on his body, a combination of old cigarettes, stale alcohol and a faint stench of urine. Well it didn't matter, those who knew who he really was quickly averted their eyes. Those ones either gave him a wide berth or changed directly entirely, walking back the way they'd come just to avoid being nearer to him.

Shrugging his shoulders The Streak wandered down the main street, picking up a somewhat bruised apple from the grocers as he walked.

He'd barely taken two bites before he threw it over his shoulder, leaving it in the middle of the street next to a small pile of other cores.

"Sour." He muttered as he continued on his way, glaring people out of his way as he went.

The Streak was an Epic, and a somewhat infamous one at that. His distinctive appearance was noteworthy enough, not many Epics walked around looking like a homeless vagabond. Fewer still actually were homeless.

It wasn't that he was incapable of obtaining a house, but he'd decided that there just wasn't much of a point. He could get food from stores, the ground was plenty comfortable for sleeping on and also the last three houses he'd own had been incinerated, infested with termites and melted into some kind of pink sludge respectively in the aftermath of several fights over territory with other Epics.

He stopped his aimless wandering for a few minutes to watch as some children played in the middle of the street. Their clothes were almost as dirty as his but where his was accumulated from sleeping on alley floors theirs were filled with soot and grease stains from the cars they helped to scrap and repair.

Still, unlike the adults working in the scrapyard the children got time off to play during the day.

Walking into the middle of the group he bent down to pick the ball up before walking off with it, a few of the younger children began to chase after him but were quickly pulled away by their seniors.

Something about knowing someone else wanted something had always made it much more enjoyable to possess, the Streak had found. Back before he'd become an Epic he hadn't realized this truth and he thought it was likely that that's why he was so depressed back then.

He was busily kicking the ball down the street when suddenly a foot descended upon it, stopping it mid-roll.

He looked up at the woman who'd stopped it, her fine clothes and arrogant smile told him she was one of the cities upper-class. The way she stared at him while lightning quite literally shot out of her eyes told him she was an Epic. The way she smiled eagerly at him told him that she knew he was too.

"Don't suppose you'd just let it go would you?" He asked tiredly.

A bolt of lightning shot out from the womans eyes, the instant flash of white singed the ground near his feet and sent a tingle through his legs.

"Guess that's a no."

"I've heard of you, little Epic." The woman boomed at him.

"Why do you people always say 'little Epic'?" The streak asked back. "I have a name you know. Two of them now actually but I'm not telling you the other one."

The woman stared blankly at him for a moment.

"You have two choices." She continued, opting to ignore his outburst completely. "Serve me completely, or I shall scatter your ashes to the wind, Streak."

"It's the Streak actually." He corrected.

"I have heard that you possess great powers of kinetic acceleration." She continued, ignoring him again. "Enough to cause objects to blur into a streak and destroy your targets."

Well she was partially right, that wasn't where the name cam from though.

"With your kinetic powers and my superior powers of electricity we could easily take over the radzone and cleanse the city of Fusion."

"Not interested." He replied. Sure, taking something from someone else was fun, but if you had to kill them to take it it became less fun.

The woman glared at him before taking lightly to the air, lightning crackling around her eyes as the wind scooped her into a position some 5 feet above him.

"Then die." She hissed, hurling another bolt of energy at him.

The Streaks power was quite simple. Simple, but powerful. He could turn everything he touched into a high-speed projectile, sending cars flying through the air to crash into distant buildings or sending a barrage of pebble-bullets at his opponents.

Sighing again, The Streak activated his abilities.

The ground cracked as pieces of road tore themselves into the air, the first blocking the bolt of energy, those that followed collided into the woman.
A gale of wind followed, the air that was touching him roared out towards the Epic, unseating them from their position in the sky.
Finally a handful of pebbles blasted through the womans body, tearing her flesh apart with their passage.

The fight had lasted only a moment but the street was in carnage from the aftermath if his blast of power, the usual noise of the cities streets had gone quiet.

The silence lasted for several hearbeats but was finally broken when someone started sniggering, which triggered all the other people in the streets to follow along before outright howling in laughter.

Some ragged strips of cloth floated gently onto the street, the remnant of the Streaks clothing.

The power to turn everything into a projectile, truly it was a powerful gift. He just wished it meant he didn't go through so many clothes because of it.

Turning around to go and find some new clothes, The Streak wandered naked through the streets, earning his name once more in fearsome battle and laughter-inducing aftermath.

31 minutes ago, Voidus said:

@Jedal
I'm happy for Leech to be in Salem, but as was mentioned Portland is potentially a better location, particularly if you want to do anything plot heavy.

Though we are looking for some more plots to be introduced to Salem but it's been pretty dead lately.

In other news, until I get some Neverthere inspiration I'm doing these again.
A day in the life of The Streak

Hide contents

The streak woke slowly, the morning sunlight had long since been strong enough to wake most people but it was only just hitting the dim corner of the alley he'd been sleeping in.
He pulled the thin piece of cloth that was covering him to one side and stood up, stretching lightly.

His bare feet slapped against the pavement as he made his way out of the alley and into the sunlit streets, wincing slightly as his eyes adjusted.

A few passersby wrinkled their nose, whether it was at the torn, dirty rags he wore as clothes or at the smell that lingered on his body, a combination of old cigarettes, stale alcohol and a faint stench of urine. Well it didn't matter, those who knew who he really was quickly averted their eyes. Those ones either gave him a wide berth or changed directly entirely, walking back the way they'd come just to avoid being nearer to him.

Shrugging his shoulders The Streak wandered down the main street, picking up a somewhat bruised apple from the grocers as he walked.

He'd barely taken two bites before he threw it over his shoulder, leaving it in the middle of the street next to a small pile of other cores.

"Sour." He muttered as he continued on his way, glaring people out of his way as he went.

The Streak was an Epic, and a somewhat infamous one at that. His distinctive appearance was noteworthy enough, not many Epics walked around looking like a homeless vagabond. Fewer still actually were homeless.

It wasn't that he was incapable of obtaining a house, but he'd decided that there just wasn't much of a point. He could get food from stores, the ground was plenty comfortable for sleeping on and also the last three houses he'd own had been incinerated, infested with termites and melted into some kind of pink sludge respectively in the aftermath of several fights over territory with other Epics.

He stopped his aimless wandering for a few minutes to watch as some children played in the middle of the street. Their clothes were almost as dirty as his but where his was accumulated from sleeping on alley floors theirs were filled with soot and grease stains from the cars they helped to scrap and repair.

Still, unlike the adults working in the scrapyard the children got time off to play during the day.

Walking into the middle of the group he bent down to pick the ball up before walking off with it, a few of the younger children began to chase after him but were quickly pulled away by their seniors.

Something about knowing someone else wanted something had always made it much more enjoyable to possess, the Streak had found. Back before he'd become an Epic he hadn't realized this truth and he thought it was likely that that's why he was so depressed back then.

He was busily kicking the ball down the street when suddenly a foot descended upon it, stopping it mid-roll.

He looked up at the woman who'd stopped it, her fine clothes and arrogant smile told him she was one of the cities upper-class. The way she stared at him while lightning quite literally shot out of her eyes told him she was an Epic. The way she smiled eagerly at him told him that she knew he was too.

"Don't suppose you'd just let it go would you?" He asked tiredly.

A bolt of lightning shot out from the womans eyes, the instant flash of white singed the ground near his feet and sent a tingle through his legs.

"Guess that's a no."

"I've heard of you, little Epic." The woman boomed at him.

"Why do you people always say 'little Epic'?" The streak asked back. "I have a name you know. Two of them now actually but I'm not telling you the other one."

The woman stared blankly at him for a moment.

"You have two choices." She continued, opting to ignore his outburst completely. "Serve me completely, or I shall scatter your ashes to the wind, Streak."

"It's the Streak actually." He corrected.

"I have heard that you possess great powers of kinetic acceleration." She continued, ignoring him again. "Enough to cause objects to blur into a streak and destroy your targets."

Well she was partially right, that wasn't where the name cam from though.

"With your kinetic powers and my superior powers of electricity we could easily take over the radzone and cleanse the city of Fusion."

"Not interested." He replied. Sure, taking something from someone else was fun, but if you had to kill them to take it it became less fun.

The woman glared at him before taking lightly to the air, lightning crackling around her eyes as the wind scooped her into a position some 5 feet above him.

"Then die." She hissed, hurling another bolt of energy at him.

The Streaks power was quite simple. Simple, but powerful. He could turn everything he touched into a high-speed projectile, sending cars flying through the air to crash into distant buildings or sending a barrage of pebble-bullets at his opponents.

Sighing again, The Streak activated his abilities.

The ground cracked as pieces of road tore themselves into the air, the first blocking the bolt of energy, those that followed collided into the woman.
A gale of wind followed, the air that was touching him roared out towards the Epic, unseating them from their position in the sky.
Finally a handful of pebbles blasted through the womans body, tearing her flesh apart with their passage.

The fight had lasted only a moment but the street was in carnage from the aftermath if his blast of power, the usual noise of the cities streets had gone quiet.

The silence lasted for several hearbeats but was finally broken when someone started sniggering, which triggered all the other people in the streets to follow along before outright howling in laughter.

Some ragged strips of cloth floated gently onto the street, the remnant of the Streaks clothing.

The power to turn everything into a projectile, truly it was a powerful gift. He just wished it meant he didn't go through so many clothes because of it.

Turning around to go and find some new clothes, The Streak wandered naked through the streets, earning his name once more in fearsome battle and laughter-inducing aftermath.

Can I just say that knowing your history with powers I called the name origin? :ph34r::P

Still, happy to see these again.

@Cognizantastic @Edgedancer I understand that Portland is the hot spot, and I have some good ideas, but for the sake of other players and my own sanity, I want to get some experience playing before I hop into a place that has plots mid-climax going on. Really, I thought about it, and I'm just not ready.

After reading through the pages of Salem, however, I think that it might be smarter for me to stay in Portland. I don't mean this to be offensive to you, @Voidus, but it doesn't seem like much is happening there. Is there any way that I could separate from CorpseMaker @Blackhoof? Maybe we could PM and find some sort of agreement.

Edited by Jedal

On 12/12/2016 at 10:05 PM, Comatose said:

I like him.  It would be nice to get a little more detail, because it's kind of sparse at the moment, but everything you have looks good :).  I might suggest seeing if @Blaze1616 has time to give approval, since Buttercup is in charge of the police, but if he's not around or doesn't have time for it, I'm good.  Maybe just wait a few days to see if Blaze has time to take a look. 

Got it. I'll wait till Friday.

Þakka þér to everyone! :)

Quiaras first post is now up! Special thanks to cog, who helped me learn( for the first time, shockingly) the difference between to and too! Enjoy!

Edit: Happy anniversary @Cognizantastic! I'm so glad that you've had such an amazing time on the shard. So, even though it's not much, have my congratulations!^_^

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith
Added content

Hello all!

I was told by ally to write up a "test-run" for epic SlipStream.

So, by suggestion, I'm giving it a go:

" I had just arrived into a small outpost by Las Vegas. I was only five steps in, and then, out of nowhere,

three ghouls stumble out of the shadows. 'Really, really? I have to deal with this now? I just walked over

2000 miles to get close to Vegas! Why! Why is life so cruel?!' As SlipStream contemplated life,

the ghouls edged closer. '*sigh* lets do this.' One ghoul began slipping and sliding in a flailing motion,panicked,

One ghoul couldn't approach any closer, and the last burst into flame. 'How do you like that ghoul-friends?, Friction 

is rough, and hard to walk over, ain't it?' no response comes from the suffering ghouls. 'tough crowd....well, might

as well keep going.' He approaches a building, with no doors. Not caring for the lack of doors, he just walks up the

wall to a nearby window. *no, he did not use rope, only friction* 'Long night tonight, might as well make dinner for

one.' he pulls out a stick and a sausage and promptly, the sausage is burnt. 'Ahhh, friction, will I ever use you to

do proper cooking?' 

3 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Quiaras first post is now up! Special thanks to cog, who helped me learn( for the first time, shockingly) the difference between to and too! Enjoy!

Edit: Happy anniversary @Cognizantastic! I'm so glad that you've had such an amazing time on the shard. So, even though it's not much, have my congratulations!^_^

Unless proven otherwise I shall assume that C.C. has green hair and is making pizza. Now how to have my characters visit. :ph34r:

Happy anniversary @Cognizantastic and happy to have you.

21 hours ago, Jedal said:

@Cognizantastic @Edgedancer I understand that Portland is the hot spot, and I have some good ideas, but for the sake of other players and my own sanity, I want to get some experience playing before I hop into a place that has plots mid-climax going on. Really, I thought about it, and I'm just not ready.

After reading through the pages of Salem, however, I think that it might be smarter for me to stay in Portland. I don't mean this to be offensive to you, @Voidus, but it doesn't seem like much is happening there. Is there any way that I could separate from CorpseMaker @Blackhoof? Maybe we could PM and find some sort of agreement.

None taken, I said as much myself :P
Salem was mostly just meant to be a fighting arena, but it's slowed down quite a bit recently so we're looking to try to introduce some plots in there.

4 hours ago, Lord in Rags said:

Hello all!

I was told by ally to write up a "test-run" for epic SlipStream.

So, by suggestion, I'm giving it a go:

" I had just arrived into a small outpost by Las Vegas. I was only five steps in, and then, out of nowhere,

three ghouls stumble out of the shadows. 'Really, really? I have to deal with this now? I just walked over

2000 miles to get close to Vegas! Why! Why is life so cruel?!' As SlipStream contemplated life,

the ghouls edged closer. '*sigh* lets do this.' One ghoul began slipping and sliding in a flailing motion,panicked,

One ghoul couldn't approach any closer, and the last burst into flame. 'How do you like that ghoul-friends?, Friction 

is rough, and hard to walk over, ain't it?' no response comes from the suffering ghouls. 'tough crowd....well, might

as well keep going.' He approaches a building, with no doors. Not caring for the lack of doors, he just walks up the

wall to a nearby window. *no, he did not use rope, only friction* 'Long night tonight, might as well make dinner for

one.' he pulls out a stick and a sausage and promptly, the sausage is burnt. 'Ahhh, friction, will I ever use you to

do proper cooking?' 

I don't know if any of the characters are written in first person or second person.

On 13/12/2016 at 8:35 AM, Chasmfiend said:

Is my vanilla approved? I was wondering. He was left behind in the last Question.

Name: Valdemar Dagursson

Appearance:

Wears his uniform, like all of the vanilla guards. His hair is almost white, and his skin is far paler than a normal human’s, because of his decent. Has a scar slanted between his eyes.

Backstory:

He was born in Corvallis 3 years before his brother. He calls himself a different last name to use the normal Icelandic naming system (patronymic). He joined the police force because he thought it would be a better life than cleaning up an epic’s house for the rest of his life.

He gained his scar from a ghoul in the recent attacks.

I already wrote his post. I am (again) ready to post if this goes through.

yeah seems fine to me :)

On 13/12/2016 at 10:32 AM, Jedal said:

Reason for moving: 

I like that you are adopting Leech, welcome aboard! and yeah, staying in Portland is the best option for him I think

On 13/12/2016 at 9:30 PM, Jedal said:

Well, the trouble is that CM is currently in the middle of an escalating turf-war between three factions for control of the city. Leech was only recently "recruited" (by force) and serves a prominent place at his side in the convoy they are currently riding in. There is zero chance that CM would just let Leech leave his service, and if Leech ran away (a pretty risky choice) he would send Electro and Timeport after him, which are two Epics that you won't win a fight against.

But, we can work something out. I'll open up a PM with you and we can discuss some of Leech's options :)

8 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

Lovely stuff, Lith. I'm so excited to see where her story goes, and will always be available if you want more advice. :)

...I know she and C.C. are kind of horribly oppressed by an evil Epic right now, but when they're done despairing can they pour me an anniversary drink? :P 

Yep! Anything you want, on the house. Though, be warned, random obliteration of the building via epics is somewhat common.:P

..Okay, terrible, terrible Dalles post, but I figured it was overdue enough that I just needed to get it posted already

But also, I try to write more or less... in-character? And Lyla's reaction is based upon repression, so having her inner monologue and meandering thoughts more or less shut down and focus intently on that one thing made more sense? But... yeah, very weak post. Hopefully will be better later?

12 hours ago, Chasmfiend said:

I hope your happy, @TwiLyghtSansSparkles.

I read some of Portland before going to bed.

I am now wide awake.

Funtimes is giving me nightmares.

I don't know how, but she is.

I don't know whether to be proud or to apologize. 

I'll settle for both. :ph34r:

And @Quiver, that Lyla post was fine. :) 

On 12/14/2016 at 10:54 AM, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I don't know whether to be proud or to apologize. 

I'll settle for both. :ph34r:

And @Quiver, that Lyla post was fine. :) 

Nothing like a proud apology. "I'm sorry you can't handle my awesomeness." :P

And agreed. Lyla continues to be an amazing character. :D

4 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:
  Reveal hidden contents

2892.jpg

So where all do I need to post again? I've procrastinated horribly. -_- 

Just make sure you don't end up afraid of how much they love you. :mellow:

Portland with the unicyclist in the zoo battle and Funtimes/Nathan.

Rule of the Reckoners RPG upvoting

if {meme} then yes;

if {really good encouragement} then yes;

if {talking about rules of Reckoners RPG upvoting} and if {making joke about talking about rules of Reckoners RPG upvoting} then yes

if {using really demented code} then (I hope) yes;

if {bad pun/joke} then yes;

if {new character} then yes;

if {12 new characters} then YES OHMIGOD YES (I hope);

so {here are 12 more characters in really bad code form};

{decides to quit the really shizzy code} (yes I actually use the word shizzy)

Mindfang

She can plant sort of a mind controlling seed inside something else's body. This will, over time (about a week) allow her to influence that being. For example, if she planted it in someone, say, Nathan, at the beginning she would only be able to make him do things he would probably do anyway. She would be able to make him say not put the cap back on the toothpaste, but probably couldn't make him jump off a cliff. However, about 3 days in, she would (with some difficulty) be able to make him do so, and after a week, he'd just be a puppet to her (although he'd still have free will if she wasn't actively controlling him.) She can control Epics as well, but it takes a longer time to do so (about a month) to be able to get the the "throw you off a cliff" stage, and at the beginning it probably wouldn't do anything at all.

She is currently searching the country with 11 other Epics for her sister, as she is way too paranoid that she'll discover her weakness. She is missing an arm and an eye, which have been replaced by... someone.

Dualscar

He can increase the power of any weapon tenfold. For example, a pistol would shoot lasers or something, a rifle would shoot a beam of light that would incinerate anything, and a rocket launcher... uh, that scares me.

Under the control of Mindfang, whom he hate desperately.

Summoner

He can control animals. Yeah that's it. Oh, and he can fly.

He and Mindfang are in a strange hate-love relationship. Since they're Epics, they really hate each other, but they want to love each other. For this reason, he is not being controlled by her. 

Psiioniic

An extremely high level psiioniic. Like, tier 5 high. He can theoretically lift a building with his psiionics. Not to mention he can blast extremely powerful beams from his eyes that vaporize about anything.

See Summoner. Although she can only control him half the time for some reason. Fortunately, during that time, he's really laid back and relaxed. He has a huge duality theme.

Redglare

Speed powers with enhanced senses and enhanced reflexes  bordering on precognition. She is also deadly good with a sword (not a power; a pre-Calamity talent) and she is blind. Her enhanced senses don't apply to her eyesight of course.

If she senses anyone breaking the law, she can choose to make them die immediately, Epics included. This power uses the US Constitution from just before Calamity. 

While I did say that Mindfang was traveling with 11 Epics, I didn't say all of them were friendly! Redglare is chasing down Mindfang and Dualscar because of something I'm not going to go into in their past.

The Handmaid

This is weird. She has two different time travel powers. The first involves just traveling back and forth on the timeline, and she can bring objects and people with her. However, if an object (let's just say her) gets within about 20 meters her past or future self, both will explode. This can be an effective weapon, as she can go back in time and grab a flower pot that she sees and throw it at her opponent, whoever it may be, and it will explode in his face if she gets the distance right. However, this can also be a disadvantage, as she can't consult her past/future selves for advice... with this power.

Her second time travel power (and this is a completely different power) is that she can go back in time and actually change important things, but no one will remember that things were changed. To elaborate: If she went back in time and killed Nighthound while he was a boy (which I definitely would do if I were her,) people in the present would remember Nighthound and what he'd done, but the people he'd killed would be alive (and remember their deaths!) and everybody would be like, "Where's Nighthound? And then Nighthound died, woohoo!" or something like that.

Third power is that if she would come to harm, she will jump to a random point on the current timeline (don't ask) where she will not be in danger.

Yeah this is just way too complicated. Anyway, she has been trying to kill Mindfang for something she will do in the future... She's called the Handmaid because she's the handmaid to...

The Condesce

Also kinda weird. I remembered what someone said about Curveballifying powers, and I thought, "I can make a powerful Epic about that!" So yeah. The Condesce can copy a power from someone else, and for her, it won't necessarily be Curveball level, but it certainly will be diminished. For example, her copying of the Handmaid's powers has made her able to travel in time, but she can only take advantage of the second power, and she's mostly incorporeal in the past anyway; she's barely able to affect anything. She has copied everybody in the group's power except Mindfang, and she's after her.

Darkleer

Extreme strength (no problem there!) and invisibility.

Under the control of Mindfang.

Edited by Ookla the Broken

41 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

@Ookla the Broken I want to embrace these Epics but….do we really need twelve more Epics? 

Not going to use them, but I have to put my private thoughts on public display. That's the initial reason I joined this site.

Plus I couldn't get enough Epics.

Anyone else can use their powerset, if not their backstory, if they want. I don't want them in particular, although I really like Redglare.

I was originally going to stroll into Corvallis with them, but then after about 2 seconds, I thought that it was ridiculous, but I liked them, so...

yeah.

http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Ancestors

Edited by Ookla the Broken