Gah. This is a thing isn't it. Okay. I have no idea what's going on, but I'll refresh myself and hopefully get the Winterspell->Eternity thing either finished or otherwise resolved sometime in the next couple days. 

I also have no idea what's going on in the Dalles.... with Maill gone I need to talk to.... Twi and Kobold about that? Assuming that hasn't already gone on without me?

New Question

May I join the Salem Thread?:unsure:

Spoiler
Spoiler

didn't know what the eye thing was so i clicked it twice

(No idea how this works, yes I read the ediqite thing)

Edited by frost
added something

New Skinsaver post that took way too long to write, and was way harder to choreograph than I initially thought.  It's pretty rough, so any suggestions for improvement, or comments on what worked, would be appreciated, even if I never get around to editing it.  

13 hours ago, Comatose said:

New Skinsaver post that took way too long to write, and was way harder to choreograph than I initially thought.  It's pretty rough, so any suggestions for improvement, or comments on what worked, would be appreciated, even if I never get around to editing it.  

no it seems fine to me :)

On 02/04/2017 at 10:32 PM, Edgedancer said:

@Darkness Ascendant I appreciate wanting to avoid arguments and the like but honestly I'd feel bad just tossing you into a location at random. Are you sure you don't want at least a breakdown of the locations?

EH, throw me anywhere. I'm better at impromptu than actually planning something heh

7 hours ago, Blackhoof said:

Thanks!

Things I was worried about:

(1) the reinforced glass - I did some quick wikipedia research, and then extrapolated on what I thought a reckoners world equivalent might be (since they have more technology), but it still felt a little forced to me (although, if you are wondering why in the world they would use glass instead of shutting Rainmaker in a metal box and throwing her into the ocean, I DO have a character/world-building reason for that).  

(2) How Rainmaker's PI Works - In my mind, putting Rainmaker in a constant state of danger (such as removing her oxygen) would force her into a kind of stasis.  It felt kind of cheap for her to just come out of that after a long period as a cloud good as new, so I added in the starvation/dehydration thing, and had Skinsaver heal the damage.  I think the healing part works - Rainmaker's body would continue to deconstruct until she got food and water, but Skinsaver's power got her to the state she would be in if her body had just entered that state.  What I'm worried about is her time in cloud form - would she be consuming calories?  Why does the starvation/dehydration catch up to her?  I could just hand-wave it and say it works, but I'm curious what people's thoughts are (especially the science-y people).

10 hours ago, Blackhoof said:

Fine!? Try amazing!

2 hours ago, Comatose said:

Thanks!

(1) the reinforced glass - I did some quick wikipedia research, and then extrapolated on what I thought a reckoners world equivalent might be (since they have more technology), but it still felt a little forced to me (although, if you are wondering why in the world they would use glass instead of shutting Rainmaker in a metal box and throwing her into the ocean, I DO have a character/world-building reason for that).  

(2) How Rainmaker's PI Works - In my mind, putting Rainmaker in a constant state of danger (such as removing her oxygen) would force her into a kind of stasis.  It felt kind of cheap for her to just come out of that after a long period as a cloud good as new, so I added in the starvation/dehydration thing, and had Skinsaver heal the damage.  I think the healing part works - Rainmaker's body would continue to deconstruct until she got food and water, but Skinsaver's power got her to the state she would be in if her body had just entered that state.  What I'm worried about is her time in cloud form - would she be consuming calories?  Why does the starvation/dehydration catch up to her?  I could just hand-wave it and say it works, but I'm curious what people's thoughts are (especially the science-y people).

... I don't really know if the glass thing is possible, but the glass was being damaged by severe and sudden changes in temperature, even before skinsaver attempted his breakout; for weeks or months before hand. The glass was probably structurally weak by that point and her sudden increase in fluctuations would only weaken it further. The bullet shots... well it depends on how many there were, though I assume that he fired several rounds into the glass. I suppose that in such a situation we could forgive the slightly unlikely speed with which the glass broke.^_^

7 hours ago, Comatose said:

Thanks!

Depends on how her powers work. Most Epics seem to be able to simply create the energy that their powers need without issue- so I think she would be safe in cloud form indefinitely. It is powered by her powers, not by her body.

10 hours ago, Comatose said:

Thanks!

I don't really know my way around reinforced glass, so I wouldn't know but concerning Rainmaker's cloud form, it's not like there's actually anything scientific going on with a person turning into a cloud, so do as you like.
By the way, I love the post. :ph34r: 

@Voidus @Blackhoof So just to keep the discussion going you two. Do the ideas sound good to you? Still need time to think? Want me to try and think of something else?

11 hours ago, Comatose said:

Thanks!

The glass seems pretty reasonable as an improvement over existing technology.

For Rainmakers PI it could go either way I'd say, I mean technically she doesn't have a body so there's nothing to actually burn the calories unless her powers consume some but I suppose you could say her mind needed it though. 

The dehydration would be harder to explain though, I mean as a cloud she's literally made of water and she's in an airtight container so it couldn't really go anywhere.

1 hour ago, Edgedancer said:

I don't really know my way around reinforced glass, so I wouldn't know but concerning Rainmaker's cloud form, it's not like there's actually anything scientific going on with a person turning into a cloud, so do as you like.
By the way, I love the post. :ph34r: 

@Voidus @Blackhoof So just to keep the discussion going you two. Do the ideas sound good to you? Still need time to think? Want me to try and think of something else?

Sounds good to me

1 minute ago, Edgedancer said:

Wonderful. I'll get working on that then. Want me to team him up with another character (like the Metal for example) so you have somebody but yourself to interact with?

That would be appreciated, I talk to myself enough already :P

Just now, Voidus said:

That would be appreciated, I talk to myself enough already :P

Hey, I could imagine significantly worse company than another one of you. :P

Let's see, I'll probably finish my Dalles post first and do some reading up on Astoria to make some details match up. So in case you're in a writting mood, probably makes sense to do Neverthere first if you feel like it... or you don't and just wait. You're buisness really. :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Neverthere and Scribbler posts coming soon. Also some Salem stuff. I've just got to catch up on everything, haven't been following the threads as much lately :( 

Haha, the great return of the Voidus! :D

(Just to make it clear though, no reason for you to feel bad, you had a bunch of IRL stuff going on from what I can tell.)

@Darkness Ascendant, it really depends on your epic/vanilla/multi(/uni)cellular character. There are certain threads that are forbidden to certain characters, so those might be off limits, and other threads are pretty appealing to certain other character types. What did you have in mind?

8 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

@Darkness Ascendant, it really depends on your epic/vanilla/multi(/uni)cellular character. There are certain threads that are forbidden to certain characters, so those might be off limits, and other threads are pretty appealing to certain other character types. What did you have in mind?

I might just go vanilla, cos I won't be able to invest as much into Reckoner's as I would like.

Well then, almost anywhere would do. Do you have a character concept worked out yet? 

Also, @frost, I'm sure it'd be fine if you joined. First, though, you'd need to present your character for the moderators to look over. I'm fairly sure they'll say yes, but it's always nice to have others help with checking your character over. After all, sometimes the ideas that you randomly spark in others can bring out their own creativity. It's always nice to see that happen.:)

What say you, @Voidus, @TwiLyghtSansSparkles, @Edgedancer?

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

1 minute ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Well then, almost anywhere would do. Do you have a character concept worked out yet? 

Also, @frost, I'm sure it'd be fine if you joined. First, though, you'd need to present your character for the moderators to look over. I'm fairly sure they'll say yes, but it's always nice to have others help with checking your character over. After all, sometimes the ideas that you randomly spark in others can bring out their own creativity. It's always nice to see that happen.:)

What say you, @Voidus, @TwiLyghtSansSparkles, @Edgedancer?

Well, conerning @frost you pretty much got that down pat.

As for @Darkness Ascendant maybe put him in Quiara's bar in Portland as her first guest? Best Vanilla hook I can think of right now and it's a shame that bar hasen't seen more trafic yet.

Thanks! I've also been meaning to mention... my characters little friend, the one he's carrying around in Salem, he is impersonation. An epic. Are you guys okay with that? I, personally, don't really want to play out his character as well as mine, so I was planning on putting him in the adoption thread or something, but I just realized that... I didn't ask you guys for permission or give you a character profile for him. I'll work one up and give it to you soon. Sorry for that.-_-

@Edgedancer, I don't mind, she is kind of meant to describe the emotional state of the vanillas in the city, so there really hasn't been enough time, or action for there to be warranted action. Good idea for @Darkness Ascendant, though. What day you, DA? (Ps. May I call you DA?)

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith