1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Unless being struck by two bullets specifically is his weakness, that's not how bullets work. One bullet to the right target (head or heart, or perhaps the femoral artery) could be fatal; other gunshot wounds could be survivable or ultimately fatal depending on the type of care received immediately following. 

Those goals could make him a good fit for Salem, but he needs some factor to mitigate the recklessness or else he might not last long against more powerful characters.  

Hmm. more complicated than i thought. Ok, A shot to the head/heart will kill but not anywhere else. a leg wound wont affect him in anyway though.

He is also very smart and is prepared for a quick escape.

7 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

The healing bit sounds good enough to me.

As for the smart part, that always takes a bit of effort to work together with others to make sure those plans actually work but I'd let the call on that to @Voidus

Fine with me too, maybe would want to classify what exactly happens a bit more (eg. is it like a zombie where he just doesn't feel other injuries and only instant kills can stop him? Or is it an actual healing factor just one not strong enough to heal fatal wounds?) but other than that looks fine.

On the intelligence thing it's always a bit of a difficult one for me because intelligent characters are very difficult to write, partially because obviously you have to be at least as intelligent as the character or know someone who is in order to accurately write their responses. But also because people sometimes take it the other way too much and assume that being smart makes you Sherlock Holmes. Which, while amusing, is not very realistic as a character.
So I'm fine with smart characters, just keep it reasonable. An expert in a specific field, someone with good street sense who knows when to run, someone who is good at reading faces. One of these is fine, but Einstein-Newton-Mendeleev who has a photographic memory, instantly knows everything about the city and can read peoples minds based on which way they raised their eyebrow is not.

I am however, very happy that Salem is picking up :D

34 minutes ago, Voidus said:

I am however, very happy that Salem is picking up :D

Yeah, good to see activity take up. I'm only a little bit jealous. :ph34r::P 

2 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

Just popping in to say that I found this phrase very entertaining. :ph34r:

Yeah, I mean we all know bullets are only lethal when split in three parts all dipped in different condiments. :ph34r: 

So with how active Salem has been lately I'm going to be making a push to get some new story going, Salem will shortly be advised that the Sins of Salem are returning to town.

Those who have won innumerable matches in Salems arena can be awarded one of 7 titles named after the 7 deadly sins (though actually only 6 are available, Sloth has been declared unobtainable, some say that's because Soulcaster is Sloth, others say it's because he would find a slothful arena champion boring and doesn't want to encourage it)

Some seats are still available but three of the seven have been out of Salem and are on their way back.
Without further ado:

The seven sins of Salem

Wrath
Passive/Primary power – Rapid regeneration, heals extremely quickly, considered to be unkillable without his weakness or Soulcasters intervention in the Arena
Secondary power – Opposing force creation (Can cause immense pressure on an object, area or person but this always generates an opposing force somewhere else on the object, this usually results in crushing anything this power touches)
Tertiary power - ?????????

Gluttony – Empty seat

Pride – Showstopper (Unofficial/pending approval)

Envy – Powerful pyromancer, Something of a cursed Epic, causes that which he desires to be incinerated uncontrollably.
Has been heard to shout 'Riajuu explode!' upon seeing couples, then promptly blowing them up. This briefly led to the mistaken belief that his weakness was other people holding hands, some unfortunate people thought to use this to assassinate him. It is believed that what remains of these people is currently orbiting Saturn.

Greed - Assumer, can assume the powers of an Epic for a period of time based on how close he has come to killing them, after killing an Epic completely he will retain their powers for 1 week.

Lust – Empty seat

Sloth – Soulcaster (Unofficial but has been declared an unfillable seat)

More details to follow soon.

@Voidus Some interesting stuff there. Got a tournament arc in mind or just general steering up? As for the usual round of questions. :ph34r: 

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

Secondary power – Opposing force creation (Can cause immense pressure on an object, area or person but this always generates an opposing force somewhere else on the object, this usually results in crushing anything this power touches)

So do I understand this right that if he punches someone in the face, he also would "punch" them in the back of the head?

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

Greed - Assumer, can assume the powers of an Epic for a period of time based on how close he has come to killing them, after killing an Epic completely he will retain their powers for 1 week.

So how long would for example punching someone in the face last?

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

Lust – Empty seat

Ha, clearly I have the next destination on Shiny's roadtrip. :P (Not that I'm serious... Heck i should probably think of something to get Astoria going again. On that note, any chance of a Neverthere or Bioterror post? :ph34r: )

23 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

@Voidus Some interesting stuff there. Got a tournament arc in mind or just general steering up? As for the usual round of questions. :ph34r: 

So do I understand this right that if he punches someone in the face, he also would "punch" them in the back of the head?

So how long would for example punching someone in the face last?

Ha, clearly I have the next destination on Shiny's roadtrip. :P (Not that I'm serious... Heck i should probably think of something to get Astoria going again. On that note, any chance of a Neverthere or Bioterror post? :ph34r: )

Something like a tournament arc probably, will see where things go.

Not quite, it's more that he basically has the Metals power, but any time he exerts force it's always in pairs so he can't fly with it or anything, just crush stuff :P

Under a minute, varying depending on how much damage he inflicted, if he managed to break a bone maybe a bit over a minute. Actually killing someone drastically increases the time, short of that he can get around 12 hours out of someone by drowning them till they're borderline dead then resuscitating them. Maybe a full day if he mutilated someone to the point they need to be on life support.

Four day weekend so I shall endeavor to get something up for both if I can. :D

6 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Something like a tournament arc probably, will see where things go.

Not quite, it's more that he basically has the Metals power, but any time he exerts force it's always in pairs so he can't fly with it or anything, just crush stuff :P

Under a minute, varying depending on how much damage he inflicted, if he managed to break a bone maybe a bit over a minute. Actually killing someone drastically increases the time, short of that he can get around 12 hours out of someone by drowning them till they're borderline dead then resuscitating them. Maybe a full day if he mutilated someone to the point they need to be on life support.

Four day weekend so I shall endeavor to get something up for both if I can. :D

Nifty. :ph34r:

Got ya.

Seems fair. How would that interact with PI? I assume he couldn't take powers from Steelheart, seeing how he wouldn't even scratch him but what about a healing factor, where he technically did damage but it doesn't matter for the receiver?

Awesome. :) I should also note that I don't think that Bioterror is actually involved in a going scene right now, so if you need thinking of anything/want to start anything up, I'll be glad to help. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Edgedancer said:

Nifty. :ph34r:

Got ya.

Seems fair. How would that interact with PI? I assume he couldn't take powers from Steelheart, seeing how he wouldn't even scratch him but what about a healing factor, where he technically did damage but it doesn't matter for the receiver?

Awesome. :) I should also note that I don't think that Bioterror is actually involved in a going scene right now, so if you need thinking of anything/want to start anything up, I'll be glad to help. :ph34r:

Intangibility/Invulnerability he just couldn't kill so kind of null as you mentioned, for a healing factor I guess it depends how strong the healing factor is, a broken nose is not particularly life threatening to anyone so it'd be pretty equally low for a healer and a non-High Epic, maybe a few seconds shorter for the healer.
If the healer is strong enough to recover from mortal injuries then he'd have a pretty substantially reduced timespan, maybe an hour at most if he like blew their head off and almost no time for a non-fatal injury to them.

Will need to take a readthrough of Astoria to see what i could do with BT but open to suggestions.

33 minutes ago, Voidus said:

If the healer is strong enough to recover from mortal injuries then he'd have a pretty substantially reduced timespan, maybe an hour at most if he like blew their head off and almost no time for a non-fatal injury to them.

To be fair, once his healing factor is taken away, he looses that advantage immediately. :ph34r:

34 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Will need to take a readthrough of Astoria to see what i could do with BT but open to suggestions.

I shall do the same. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Cognizantastic said:

Come on, Adelmo's better than that. He knows that too-intense smells might scare Backtrack away. <_<

The only possible way he'd stink is if he rolled around in an old 7/11, to attract our favorite retrocog with the scent of homey things. :wacko:

Now I'm imagining Adelmo taking a shower beneath the old slushy machine. Which is an….odd picture to have in one's head. :mellow: 

10 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

I like how Jack, Lyla, and Autumn are just chattin' as if Quicksilver isn't in the middle of a brutal, all-out assault on the Dalles. :P 

Lyla's excited about Vapor Snake not doing anything while just seconds ago, magically conjured missiles were flying through the sky. :ph34r:

"For you, the day pandas attacked your city was the worst day of your life. For us, it was Tuesday." 

"Great. Uh….you mind helping us get rid of the pandas?" 

"Sorry, Cottage Grove. We're kind of in the middle of a Quicksilver attack right now." 

11 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

I like how Jack, Lyla, and Autumn are just chattin' as if Quicksilver isn't in the middle of a brutal, all-out assault on the Dalles. :P 

Lyla's excited about Vapor Snake not doing anything while just seconds ago, magically conjured missiles were flying through the sky. :ph34r:

.. oh, bleh. Sorry!:wacko:

Should I edit my stuff or something? Sorry...

8 minutes ago, Quiver said:

.. oh, bleh. Sorry!:wacko:

Should I edit my stuff or something? Sorry...

Meh, Lyla probably walked through the time abyss forming around the fight or something. :P

Seriously though, I can see Lyla trying to get close but getting send back by guards, so if you want to add it you might as well.

3 hours ago, Voidus said:

So couldn't find much in Astoria for BT to get up to at the moment, you have any ideas @Edgedancer?

Well, between Azrael, the Destructors and Racknarok, as well as the Tidebreakers drawing close, that might be enough to bring it home that something is brewing on the horizon  that Deadthgale decides to put together a more organized defensive front/general display of force and calls on Bioterror for that. How does that sound?

That might as play into the duel between Winterspell and Hellfire that's brewing in the future? @Blackhoof ?

@Darkness Ascendant I appreciate wanting to avoid arguments and the like but honestly I'd feel bad just tossing you into a location at random. Are you sure you don't want at least a breakdown of the locations?

Edited by Edgedancer

On 02/04/2017 at 10:32 PM, Edgedancer said:

Well, between Azrael, the Destructors and Racknarok, as well as the Tidebreakers drawing close, that might be enough to bring it home that something is brewing on the horizon  that Deadthgale decides to put together a more organized defensive front/general display of force and calls on Bioterror for that. How does that sound?

That might as play into the duel between Winterspell and Hellfire that's brewing in the future? @Blackhoof ?

Its difficult, because last I left Winterspell he was in the middle of an interaction with Eternity and Aoileas hasn't responded to me in months. :\

And to be honest, I'm finding it hard to get into the idea of planning this duel and invasion, because Astoria's Epics are so darn powerful. Hard to have a meaningful fight that lasts more than a minute when the Metal alone can obliterate our entire army with a thought. I worked on a strategy a while back, and it miiight be effective, but not if the slightest thing goes wrong.

Is there anything we can do that will give the forces opposing Astoria a bit more of an edge? They have numbers, and quite a bit of power, but its ultimately futile if they can't win or put up an entertaining fight. 

The duel between them could be fun though, that would be interesting to see again.

3 hours ago, Blackhoof said:

Its difficult, because last I left Winterspell he was in the middle of an interaction with Eternity and Aoileas hasn't responded to me in months. :\

And to be honest, I'm finding it hard to get into the idea of planning this duel and invasion, because Astoria's Epics are so darn powerful. Hard to have a meaningful fight that lasts more than a minute when the Metal alone can obliterate our entire army with a thought. I worked on a strategy a while back, and it miiight be effective, but not if the slightest thing goes wrong.

Is there anything we can do that will give the forces opposing Astoria a bit more of an edge? They have numbers, and quite a bit of power, but its ultimately futile if they can't win or put up an entertaining fight. 

The duel between them could be fun though, that would be interesting to see again.

Yeah, I can see that problem. The better options I can think up on the top of my head would be to either cheat the power balance by giving the opposing forces a Canceler or leaking the information of some key weaknesses (which may or may not come along with a mole in Lucentia's castle).

Another option would be for the Metal to get some ideas with Lucentia gone and getting iced until she returns but that'dhonestly a rather clumsy option.

Not much I can do against @Aonar Faileas not responding. I mean worst case you can snip the remaining confrontation.