What's the deal with cookies?

Shqueeves

Tbh, I didn't know where to put this, so I'm asking it here

What's the deal with the cookies? 

Earlier today, I introduced myself onto this wonderful site. Within an hour I had been warned against eating the cookies twice and offered a cookie. 

Could someone explain? 

5 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

Tbh, I didn't know where to put this, so I'm asking it here

What's the deal with the cookies? 

Earlier today, I introduced myself onto this wonderful site. Within an hour I had been warned against eating the cookies twice and offered a cookie. 

Could someone explain? 

Well, it's a tradition to give the new guys cookies with hemalurgic spikes, like this one:

CA3F62E2-596D-400F-B047-ABF9E8368E5A-3558-000005B0939A5286_tmp.png

11 hours ago, Talanelat'Elin Stonesinew said:

Being serious here, it actually might be. The person gets spiked from the inside and dies, and then, someone can take the spike out of the person's body. It might be possible.

Won't work reliably. Hemalurgy works off of specific bind points (a la acupuncture), so just dropping tiny spikes through someone's digestive system will likely not do much. You might hit a point of you get lucky (as there are many points we don't know about), but it sounds really really unlikely.

On topic, the whole thing with the cookies has had me perplexed for a long time. I've been active on the forums for... what, nearly a decade now? and I don't understand the cookie culture. Some memes are just weird.

12 hours ago, Argent said:

Won't work reliably. Hemalurgy works off of specific bind points (a la acupuncture), so just dropping tiny spikes through someone's digestive system will likely not do much. You might hit a point of you get lucky (as there are many points we don't know about), but it sounds really really unlikely.

On topic, the whole thing with the cookies has had me perplexed for a long time. I've been active on the forums for... what, nearly a decade now? and I don't understand the cookie culture. Some memes are just weird.

Just a joke that spiraled out of control, took a nose dive, landed at the local community college for some classes on baking, and then went back to spiraling around in loop-de-loops again.

9 hours ago, Shlee said:

I'm with Argent on this one, I've been lurking around here since the site began and always thought it.....strange.....

Amusingly enough though, this showed up on my Facebook today and I couldn't resist:

Image may contain: 3 people, meme and text

Hate me if you will, but I LIKE oatmeal-raisin cookies better.

2 hours ago, Jedal said:

Hate me if you will, but I LIKE oatmeal-raisin cookies better.

Nah, there's no hate.  There are, perhaps, questions on what may have gone horribly wrong with the development of your taste buds, but no hate.

(I hereby bequeath you my share of all oatmeal raisin cookies.)

7 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Nah, there's no hate.  There are, perhaps, questions on what may have gone horribly wrong with the development of your taste buds, but no hate.

(I hereby bequeath you my share of all oatmeal raisin cookies.)

I kindly accept. Thank you for your gracious gift.

3 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

Don't accept the cookies

Not being a member of the Dark Alley, I do not sneak spikes into cookies.  Or use cookies as a code word for spikes.

(Besides, these were theoretical RL cookies.  I need someone to clear all of those obnoxious "oh hi I look like chocolate chip at first glance but I'm NOT" monstrosities from my path before I accidentally bite into one and get a horrible raisin surprise.)

On 12/11/2016 at 5:08 PM, Shlee said:

I'm with Argent on this one, I've been lurking around here since the site began and always thought it.....strange.....

Amusingly enough though, this showed up on my Facebook today and I couldn't resist:

Image may contain: 3 people, meme and text

Only a sith deals in chocolate chips.

While the guards searched through the rest of his clothes for information or weapons, Sazed tapped the crumby cookieminds tucked in his underwear waistband. They never think a eunuch has anything to hide in there, he thought. I'm not exactly glad for that, but at least it is proving useful now. These crumbs don't hold much, but...

In a sudden burst, he drew upon several hours' worth of stored glibness from his oatmealcrumbs, and suaveness from the chocochipcrumbs. Together, they made him about as effective as a good Soother or Rioter would be in convincing people to trust him, in a way that was undetectable by any Seeker, or trained for by any obligator.

But just as he began talking the two guards into giving him back all his clothes, rings, and books, to release him to return to his Mistress at the ball upstairs, a dark form loomed in the doorway. Oh, no, thought Sazed. A Steel Inquisitor!  And he's eating... A macadamia nut cookie...

This was not going to go well.