2016-12-06 [Arcanum Unbounded] Herald Washington Library Center - Chicago, IL

Volratho

44 minutes ago, Blightsong said:

I think they are saying it is weird for Radiants to bring their Spren to other planets via actual space travel because of the weird Cognitive realm physics.

Yeah, it's in the Outside Q&A audio. Pending a transcribe, you can find the exact discussion there,  a few minutes in.

So just finished listening to the Outside Q&A. Silverlight apparently believe that Shards separated for a reason and thus should remain that way, so anyone who dabbles in things that exacerbate the opposite are frowned upon *cough17thShardandHoidcough*

Edited by Amanuensis

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

So just finished listening to the Outside Q&A. Silverlight apparently believe that Shards separated for a reason and thus should remain that way, so anyone who dabbles in things that exacerbate the opposite are frowned upon *cough17thShardandHoidcough*

I was literally so excited about this 17th Shard information :lol:

There was lots of juicy tidbits ^_^ such as the definition of Cognitive Shadows (entities whose souls have been replaced with pure Investiture). The fact that the Heralds qualify as Cognitive Shadows is very fascinating. Seems to support the theory that a Returned is a the Splinter of Endowment shaped into a person's soul and put into a body, as well, and makes me wonder about the Threnodite rituals used to make people into Cognitive Shadows.

25 minutes ago, Khyrindor said:

Is there going to be transcription made for these? If someone starts one, I can help out a little bit. Just want to be able to reference some of these elsewhere without pointing people towards a 45-minute-long audio. 

Sure. Eventually :P

45 minutes ago, Khyrindor said:

Is there going to be transcription made for these? If someone starts one, I can help out a little bit. Just want to be able to reference some of these elsewhere without pointing people towards a 45-minute-long audio. 

If someone starts one I am happy to link it here in the topic. 

I personally will not have much time until this weekend at the earliest.

I was lucky enough to get the Hoid response that Argent alluded to, though on a re-listen, I'm not sure if it's as plains-shattering as I initially thought.  The question was"Does Hoid have any [blood] relations other than his parents," with a response of "Hoid have any like, direct blood relatives?  Umm...  Okay.  In the book when I wrote it before, he didn't.  Dragonsteel isn't 100% canon any more, so that will possibly change, but he did not, and there are none in my mind right now.  He is an only child as I have him.  It's unlikely to change, but I do have to asterisk that one because I haven't written Dragonsteel yet."  Having moved on to another question, Brandon came back with, "Oh, no!  He had a little brother.  He did have a little brother.  Even in the original.  Yep, he did."  When all is said and done, I'm not certain what the canon version will end up being.

48 minutes ago, Dragon13 said:

I was lucky enough to get the Hoid response that Argent alluded to, though on a re-listen, I'm not sure if it's as plains-shattering as I initially thought.  The question was"Does Hoid have any [blood] relations other than his parents," with a response of "Hoid have any like, direct blood relatives?  Umm...  Okay.  In the book when I wrote it before, he didn't.  Dragonsteel isn't 100% canon any more, so that will possibly change, but he did not, and there are none in my mind right now.  He is an only child as I have him.  It's unlikely to change, but I do have to asterisk that one because I haven't written Dragonsteel yet."  Having moved on to another question, Brandon came back with, "Oh, no!  He had a little brother.  He did have a little brother.  Even in the original.  Yep, he did."  When all is said and done, I'm not certain what the canon version will end up being.

Remember, the book is finished by the reader. So you believe whatever canon you like! :D

I think page runner has a point. Harmony made it pretty clear in mistborn that 16 is a special universal number which is extremely relevant to the cosmere. I doubt it would be that important if it was just an accidental incident of a sixteen shard break. I think it for sure would have been sixteen pieces...maybe different attributes, but still sixteen.

7 hours ago, Dragon13 said:

"Oh, no!  He had a little brother.  He did have a little brother.  Even in the original.  Yep, he did."  When all is said and done, I'm not certain what the canon version will end up being.

"Even in the original" definitely makes it sounds like Hoid does/did indeed have a little brother. (in canon cosmere)

Ok, let's see if this works. I made a google doc for transcription, and I think anyone with this link can see it:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dlROFtLJS6QMt1hoBYwDwS9TJFdgi83ovEgVy5WuDAw/edit?usp=sharing 

Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll try to fix it. I can't help with it at this moment, but I probably will be able to this afternoon. Please only put relevant questions, you don't need to have every word spoken by anyone, obviously. I have two parts in the document for the Signing Line and the Outside Q&A.

EDIT: and the General Q&A. Do we have a recording of that?

Edited by Khyrindor

6 minutes ago, Khyrindor said:

Ok, let's see if this works. I made a google doc for transcription, and I think anyone with this link can see it:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dlROFtLJS6QMt1hoBYwDwS9TJFdgi83ovEgVy5WuDAw/edit?usp=sharing 

Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll try to fix it. I can't help with it at this moment, but I probably will be able to this afternoon. Please only put relevant questions, you don't need to have every word spoken by anyone, obviously. I have two parts in the document for the Signing Line and the Outside Q&A.

You'll want to include the General Q&A (as a placeholder, I guess) in there as well, there were some relevant information there as well. I will upload my own audio of it tonight (though that includes the reading, maybe I'll need to get someone to chop it off for now), so people can at least try to make something of it until the HD one shows up.

Edited by Argent

1 hour ago, Argent said:

You'll want to include the General Q&A (as a placeholder, I guess) in there as well, there were some relevant information there as well. I will upload my own audio of it tonight (though that includes the reading, maybe I'll need to get someone to chop it off for now), so people can at least try to make something of it until the HD one shows up.

I think the reading is up for grabs now that the tour is over.

[00:33:23]

Q: Is Nazh a cartographer?

A: Nazh knows more than the average person, but I wouldn’t call him a cartographer. I would describe him as a grumpy Cosmere James Bond, but not nearly as cool. Like, here’s the mission, get in, do this thing.

T-shirts just write themselves. The men's version: "Grumpy Cosmere James Bond".  The women's version: picture of Khriss (have plenty to choose form now) and "Cosmere Bond Girl".

[01:19:20]

Q: I’ve been fixating on this mass exodus. The Iriali, are they the people of the mass exodus? I’ve always wanted it to be the people of Threnody.

A: The Iriali are not native to Roshar. There is stuff going on on Threnody too, it shares some similarities.

Ummmmmmmm...

I'm almost done with the Signing Line recording, about 20 minutes left to transcribe.

: My crazy theory is that Nazh is Isasik Shulin

A: He is not. Nazh is Isaac’s character, he designed him and came up with him. I said need somebody to be getting these, and the character is all him, doesn’t necessarily look like him. He wants to write some stories in the Cosmere; he might write about Nazh

So Nazh is originally Isaac's character. Wow for that just seem's awesome. Does this mean that the Cosmere could open up to other peoples stories? 

1 minute ago, iceblade44 said:

Does this mean that the Cosmere could open up to other peoples stories? 

I seem to recall Brandon talking about this (though maybe not during this signing). It's weird with the whole plot for the Cosmere. On one hand it's easier because of all the rules Brandon has established, but on the other seemingly inconsequential actions might contradict events planned for a decade from now. So RAFO :)

4 minutes ago, iceblade44 said:

So Nazh is originally Isaac's character. Wow for that just seem's awesome. Does this mean that the Cosmere could open up to other peoples stories? 

Well, Isaac is part of Team Sanderson. And since Isaac has a hand in the creative aspects of it, in the form of art, I suppose that's why. I doubt he'd let anything be published that contradicts his plans for the Cosmere, though.

Edited by Khyrindor

2 minutes ago, Argent said:

I seem to recall Brandon talking about this (though maybe not during this signing). It's weird with the whole plot for the Cosmere. On one hand it's easier because of all the rules Brandon has established, but on the other seemingly inconsequential actions might contradict events planned for a decade from now. So RAFO :)

Yeah, if their are going to be other stories my guess it would be heavly supervised by brandon to make sure nothing contradicts. Though Issac does work closely with Brandon and their good friends so it might not be that much of problem. Also was'nt there a WoB that says that coworkers and family can ask him anything and won't be worried by RAFOs?