Didn't I say I was going to be much less active for the next few days? Also, for the last eight or so hours, I was asleep.  Show some consideration for those in other time zones :P

We're about to leave on our family trip, so this is me in the car right now as we're driving. This is probably going to be my last post before rollover, and I confess I haven't been able to read much.. I'll try to read up right now and get my thoughts before rollover.

I'm sorry. I can't do analysis posts in a moving car. >> I'm tempted to switch my vote to Arinian so we could have a tie and see what happens, but it probably isn't a good idea, heh. I'll just say I think Ecth is being lynched for a bit of a silly reason. Items don't incriminate people . stick, Arinian,  cloudjumper,  Burnt and alvron are not committing anything.  Lopen is being very active. That's all I got. See you guys after rollover. I'll be settled then and have a computer hopefully. 

5 minutes ago, Doc12 said:

I'm sorry. I can't do analysis posts in a moving car. >> I'm tempted to switch my vote to Arinian so we could have a tie and see what happens, but it probably isn't a good idea, heh. I'll just say I think Ecth is being lynched for a bit of a silly reason. Items don't incriminate people . stick, Arinian,  cloudjumper,  Burnt and alvron are not committing anything.  Lopen is being very active. That's all I got. See you guys after rollover. I'll be settled then and have a computer hopefully. 

I am committing something.  It's just not obvious yet. :P 

Cycle 2 - Note a Worry

“Hey guys! So I have this Dark Brotherhood pamphlet, and it’s really cool!” Innocent exclaimed. “Has everyone looked at their copy yet? Talks all about ‘Sithis’ and the ‘Night Mother’. I wonder who they are?” Looking around, everyone was staring at him with an odd expression. “Oh… Did you guys not get one? Here, I’ll pin it up so everyone can see!” He grabbed a nearby letter opener and pinned it to the wall through the hand symbol on the document.  

5 tenets.jpg

Everyone exchanged glances. "Umm guys? I think we found our assassin..." A voice rang out. Though there were some murmurs of disagreement, there were enough nodded, and soon enough he was dead. It was only upon later examination that they realized the copy of 'The Five Tenets' was a fake - they'd killed the wrong man. 

Zelda had been touring the house looking at all the pretty art on the walls when she came across one that had be torn to shreds. Surprised to see such an appalling act of vandalism, she dropped her mug of water. Bending down to retrieve the mug she was surprised to see she wasn't wearing shoes any more. "When did that happen?"

"Dunno, but doesnt' matter to you any more." A voice from behind spoke, as a hand covered her mouth. 

A sharp pain, then darkness.

Ecthelion was lynched. He was a Guest. He had 666 gold, a copy of 'The Five Tenets', 7 keys, a Silver Mace, and Glass Boots.
Lopen was killed. He was a Guest. He had 1400 gold, a Jeweled Amulet, a Grand Soul Gem, and a Grey Cowl.

Vote Tally
Ecthelion(4): Elenion, Kasimir, Kynedath, Alvron
Arinian(3): Cloud, JUQ, Ecthelion
Cloudjumper(2): Doc, Lopen
Alvron(2): Sart, Orlok
Stick(1): Arinian
Kynedath(1): Rae

Edited by Alvron

Boris looked around sheepishly. Already, one person was blaming him for the fiasco. And to add insult to injury, he had to give one of his bottles of liquid life wine to @Alvron. To be fair, he had been partially at fault for what had happened. Innocent should have been guilty. But he wasn't, and now Boris was to blame for the death of an innocent. He had been in that position before, but he still wasn't comfortable with that feeling. So he quashed it by taking a swig from his remaining bottle of wine.

[OOC: Yes, Stick, I led the bandwagon on Ecth.]

Stink, Orlok, Stick and another not playing were evil and they killed Lopen first cycle.  I'm not sure why but this feels very similar.

Edit:  There was also a bandwagon on an innocent player for making a simple slip up.

Edited by Alvron

Oh, I'm so sorry for my inactivity, I miscounted the days. I'll read over yesterday and make a post on my thoughts.

EDIT: Well, I didn't see much except a lot of bandwagon hopping, but Kas seemed really desperate to get Ecthelion lynched, even posting a (poke?) vote twice, and while that may have been a careless mistake, why would he even be invested that much into Ecthelion to make that mistake? Lopen's death seemed like it didn't mean too much, more like a day one kill of a pretty vocal player, which could either be a vigilante or just elims. Again, this is all speculation, and I wouldn't really vote for anyone based on my arguments alone.

Edited by Master Elodin

Everything should be up to date now. 

If my notes are correct, there were no posts from Magestar, Elodin, or Kipper (his post wasn't really game relevant, but it did give him a bonus free pass for notifying me in advance of his absense). I have been counting RP as 'relevant info', and while I've let DA off the hook for his asking for coin post, going forwards, I'm going to want more RP than that to qualify as contributing in a given cycle.

Adarjmei blinked. did.... did that altmer, Helchon, just... whack her on the head with a staff??? "S'rendarr's Mercy! What was that for??? This cat did not even take your shoes! Does the high and might Altmer not know how enchanted staffs work? You do not whack! You should know this! I know this! And i am mere Khajiit! Give me staff and let Adarjmei show you how the cursed thing works or leave me be. If you provoke me again, i will be forced to unsheathe my claws." Or steal his boots. 

Tsk Doc :P

Also i call dibs on echthelions glass boots :o

Shame about Lopen though. Cmon guys! He's rarely good, and you kill him N1? Tsk. Shame on you. Shaaame.

Hrm. I. Never quite know what to say discussion wise though. I'll. Start writing up a list of percentages i think. With a commentary. I'll try post that this cycle. Probably. If not, next cycle. Promise. (Is not used to this talking in thread thing. Pms, i miss you.).  

1 minute ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

Shame about Lopen though. Cmon guys! He's rarely good, and you kill him N1? Tsk. Shame on you. Shaaame.

The elims are all insane then? That...doesn't narrow it down at all, unfortunately.

I think Alv's assumption is rather dangerous, frankly. A near identical team would be ridiculously easy to spot, particularly so soon after the last game.

I think the lesson that Hael has been trying to teach us is discussion, entirely based on the game at hand, rather than meta-gaming.

(Not only that, but our early kill decisions in MR18 were informed by knowing who hadn't died early in recent games, an approach not evident here.)

In the recesses of the Manor, Kjartan had found and punished the thoroughly evil painting! He drew back his claymore, let out a fierce yell and slashed at it. Soon enough, the evil, evil painting had been cast onto the flooring in tattered shreds. Just to make sure, Kjartan stomped all over them in his leather boots and rapped the fragments with the Toothpick of Stendarr. (Someone had asked him about this once, but as far as Kjartan was concerned, surely the god used a silver-capped toothpick, and it had saved him before from werewolves! When in doubt, bashing a werewolf in the eyes with the Toothpick of Stendarr seemed to work wonders! And then there was Mus's ferocious teeth, gnawing at that evil creature in all sorts of unspeakable places!)

Mus squeaked when the grim, necessary work of vanquishing the painting was done. "I know, Mus," Kjartan said, proudly, feeding the mouse a piece of cheese. "The work of Stendarr is never finished! Soon, we will find more evil rears in this Manor to kick!"

Some thoughts about the general format, first:

1. The M'Hael has a sort of 'free hammer' card for the Eliminators, allowing them to put in all their votes at once via the GM. But they can only do so once. The way I see it, it's essentially going to be the tool they use at the end-game, because concerted last minute voting is just going to be super-suspicious, for one, and for another, it's also going to be super-suspicious if they're not putting the votes in themselves but are doing so by Hael. So I'm not sure this is a possibility worth worrying too much about, but maybe I'm overlooking something.

2. I'm not sure it's worth poke-voting anyone who A. has yet to post, and B. has used up their free chance, because barring any special dispensations, if they don't show up, they'll die anyway. That's got to be a lot more scary than having a lone poke-vote on them. Of course, the question is if we know if anyone has any special dispensations - my impression of what the M'Hael said is that Kipper gets an extra free chance, so he still hasn't used up his free chance. Meaning the only person in the 'Ticking Death Clock' territory would be Magestar. Still, best to check: M'Hael, would it be possible to check who currently has dispensation/ a bonus free waiver on their non-posting for this cycle? [Separate from the freebie we already get.]

For now: Arinian. You mentioned that if you were lynched, Odium would have to give up his Shard to you, which is a pretty poetic way of saying you'd hate everyone for doing that. That seems like a pretty strong reaction: care to offer some context to it?

Edited to add: I think the poke-vote does have its uses in terms of forcing people to actually say something substantive instead of presenting substantial RP or a vote as a way of 'gaming' the M'Hael's filter, though. Just that it's worth noting that the inactivity filter might take care of some issues for us.

Edited by Kasimir

I believe it's only Kipper and Doc who have contacted me about potential absences. Otherwise, no one else has any extra passes.

Also, as I've had the question asked, the rule about the eliminators getting me to put in votes for them includes changing their existing vote.