10 hours ago, Ookthelion III said:

Hey guys! I'm Innocent, and I have no idea what is going on but I feel like I should know what the Five Tenets are.

41 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Why mention the Five Tenets?

Boris kept hearing this Five Tenets stuff, but he really didn't know what in the blazes they were. So, he whipped out his trusty [Google] inspector's manual (which doubled as his ledger for number of wine bottles that he had left), and gave it a look. What he found shocked him.

"Whoa, Innocent! Where did you hear about the Five Tenets? The only people who should care about them are the Dark Brotherhood, and . . . wait. Dark Brotherhood? That doesn't sound suspicious at all!"

[Ecth, where did you hear about the Five Tenets?]

Let me be a bit more pointed:

1. It's Cycle One. Like it or not, we tend to get suspicious over really tiny things, more or less at the drop of a hat. (I'm going to decline to offer the specifics of my view on lynches and discussion, in part because they are wont to shift contextually (i.e. based on the game's rules and format) and in part because I understand they've been linked to quite a bit... And finally, because I've actually shifted a little in my views and I'm still trying to articulate what the nuances are with others OOG. For the purposes of this game, it will suffice that since this is a QF, I am generally in favour of us lynching someone today, as compared to not doing so.) This is a bit of a caveat; a prelude, if you will.

2. For those of you who don't Elder Scrolls or who are not up to date on your Elder Scrolls lore - let's set the context. This game essentially uses the setting of a quest in Oblivion, entitled Whodunit? (Incidentally, the name of the cycle!) In that quest, you play as a member of the Dark Brotherhood, tasked with killing everyone in Summitmist Manor - essentially, Assassins, or the flavour Eliminator in this game. As Elenion has helpfully added, the Five Tenets are those of the Dark Brotherhood.

3. Most of us have started, as per the M'Hael's clarification, with flavour items in their inventory. (I've got lots of cheese, which is great for Mus! Mus needs his cheese, and Kjartan would be nothing without his Mus! :P ) Those seem to be somewhat appropriate to character.

So, Ookthelion III, why would you have reason to wonder about what the Five Tenets are, hmm?

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

3. Most of us have started, as per the M'Hael's clarification, with flavour items in their inventory. (I've got lots of cheese, which is great for Mus! Mus needs his cheese, and Kjartan would be nothing without his Mus! :P ) Those seem to be somewhat appropriate to character.

I started with some books on Dwemer culture, which supports the idea that our inventories are chosen only semi-randomly. If someone has a book on the Five Tenets, or other item that references them, that's a little suspicious in that light... 

38 minutes ago, Nyali said:

I started with some books on Dwemer culture, which supports the idea that our inventories are chosen only semi-randomly. If someone has a book on the Five Tenets, or other item that references them, that's a little suspicious in that light... 

Agreed. When I was describing my character, I said that he wielded two long daggers and a bow. I got those exact items in my inventory. Looking at the evidence others have put out, I would also like to hear Ookthelion's story. I guess that means I give up my pursuit of Lopen. Oh well. Maybe we can continue later. ;)

Well Ookthelion? Where did you hear about these tenets?

Edited by Kynedath

Ladric was not in the best of moods. He had been looking forward to a nice holiday at this Manor, hopefully avoiding all these other 'Guests', and it had been working well! No-one knew that he was in the house (thanks to arriving so late), and he hadn't gone to the dinner but instead had some food in his room. But now someone had only gone and died, and who couldn't resist a good murder mystery? For Ladric, the answer to that question was Ladric.

He needed to get some good theatrics going though, if he wanted to truly shock and awe everyone. Maybe he could even get a loyal sidekick! It would all depend on the first impression though, so he stayed in bed for another few hours waiting for everyone to wake up before he announced his presence. Once he was sure that the time was right, he equipped his chainmail boots and walked onto the crime scene, not taking a break to look at the others but instead walking up to the body and simply stating,

"Well, well, well. What do we have going on here then?"

3 minutes ago, JUQ said:

Woah, bandwagon much?
To even it out, I'm going to put a vote on Arinian.

Yeah, I guess it is a bandwagon, but we have a lead on someone in cycle 1. The sooner we find an eliminator, the easier it will be to find the rest. At least in theory. Since there is an actual reason to suspect them, I'm wondering why you choose to even out the vote. There isn't a clear reason as to why everyone is voting on Arinian, at least to my knowledge. They just haven't responded to this thread when people have called them out. So why try to save Ookthelion? Are you an eliminator with them? Are you trying to save them?

14 hours ago, Sart said:

"Huh."

Sartinia wasn't exactly sure how to react a dead body. Sure, she had always known it was a possibility. She had smoked enough skooma to know the risks entailed with it. It wasn't surprising to find one of her friends passed out after a party. Hell it even looked the same, except for the blood and all. The poor bastard had the same look on their face. A glass eyed epiphany. She wondered if they saw it coming. Probably not, considering the note. That note could only mean one thing. The Assassin's Guild was here, probably after the treasure. Their target must have found the first puzzle, and was killed to prevent the secret from getting out. So now her strategy had to be two-fold. First, she needed to find what clue the target had found. Considering the way they were facing, the victim must have come from the kitchen. That was where she should start looking first.

However, having the treasure wouldn't do her any good if she was just going to get murdered afterwards. She needed to find the murderer, and fast. She doubted there were any clues on the body. This was the work of a professional after all. There were too many people here though. They were all total strangers. She needed names. Some characters had been particularly loud, but others were still a mystery to her. She needed more information.

"You there, in the back. What's your name again? Arinian, or something like that? Where were you last night?"

8 hours ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

Cycle one lynches always victimise villagers. Which is why it's fun to vote. You can vote on whoever you suspect without rising suspicions on yourself later on when that suspect turns out to be a villager bc 'it was just C1 and no-one had any solid reads'. Well, I suspect that's fun when you're an elim anyway...

I'm going to place my vote on Arinian who was online an hour ago but hasn't posted yet.. @Arinian

mysterious white text: I'm an Elim.      Jk. Lol.

2 hours ago, cloudjumper said:

Arinian, what do you think about all of this?

Guys maybe you will stop ur bandwagon at me.  I have had 3 exams in a row today. If you gonna lynch me in my first game(1,5 first game) then If I will meet Odium he will give me his shard with apologies cause his intent fits me more then him. 

And you wrong Stick I wasn't on site in time that you says that I was. I was in university. (I hope it's understandable at least little bit.)

30 minutes ago, Arinian said:

Guys maybe you will stop ur bandwagon at me.  I have had 3 exams in a row today. If you gonna lynch me in my first game(1,5 first game) then If I will meet Odium he will give me his shard with apologies cause his intent fits me more then him. 

And you wrong Stick I wasn't on site in time that you says that I was. I was in university. (I hope it's understandable at least little bit.)

Heh. I'm pretty sure people will remove their votes from you at this point. It was almost entirely random, except that you hadn't posted yet.

JUQ seemed to think he was tying the lynch by voting on Arinian, but really, he was putting him in the lead. Kasimir voted on Ecth twice, the second time just for emphasis I'm guessing(or else his memory is failing :P).

Vote tally:

Arinian(4): Sart, Stick, cloudjumper, JUQ
Ecthelion(3): Elenion, Kasimir x2, Kynedath
cloudjumper(2): Doc, Lopen
Assassin(1): Nyali
Doc(1): Arraenae
Joe(1): Ecthelion
Stick(1): Arinian

I'm hoping Ecthelion will respond to these votes soon...

"Oh for crying out loud." Sartinia and the others had finally managed to get Arinian out of his room. She was surprised to discover that he was just a kid! While she couldn't discard the possibility, she doubted that someone that young would be an Assassin. She was also beginning to be suspicious of the people who had joined her on the hunt. Did they know how young he was? It troubled her. In addition to Arinian, there were several others that hadn't left their rooms. Namely, Stub-Tail (Alvron) and Galerion (Orlok). They couldn't afford for anyone to hide in the shadows. Come to think of it, didn't someone call Stub-Tail (Alvron) the master of shadows. That seemed like an awfully good assassin name.

"Get them out of bed! We need everyone to discuss the murder." Well that, and she didn't want them searching for the treasure without her.

3 hours ago, Kynedath said:

Yeah, that's the premise of my, if not everyone elses, accusations.

I can confirm that my items seem almost exactly related to my backstory. My character has a drinking problem, and I started with two cheap bottles of wine. :D

As for the lynch, I really am not liking this Arinian bandwagon. Based on my suspicion that Ecth is an elim, it seems like his teammates might be starting a counter-bandwagon to save him before the cycle is out.

3 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

Why? Why all of a sudden retract your vote with no reason?

I kinda only voted on them because they hadn't posted yet. And now they have soo... 

Edit: also, @Arinian I almost didn't notice that vote you put on me XD Why do you suspect me?

Edited by I_am_a_Stick

53 minutes ago, Sart said:

"Oh for crying out loud." Sartinia and the others had finally managed to get Arinian out of his room. She was surprised to discover that he was just a kid! While she couldn't discard the possibility, she doubted that someone that young would be an Assassin. She was also beginning to be suspicious of the people who had joined her on the hunt. Did they know how young he was? It troubled her. In addition to Arinian, there were several others that hadn't left their rooms. Namely, Stub-Tail (Alvron) and Galerion (Orlok). They couldn't afford for anyone to hide in the shadows. Come to think of it, didn't someone call Stub-Tail (Alvron) the master of shadows. That seemed like an awfully good assassin name.

"Get them out of bed! We need everyone to discuss the murder." Well that, and she didn't want them searching for the treasure without her.

You know that I didn't wrote any RP not allows you to say things like that about my character(maybe I wanted to write that he is 100 years old?). Better you don't do that again.

20 minutes ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

I kinda only voted on them because they hadn't posted yet. And now they have soo... 

Edit: also, @Arinian I almost didn't notice that vote you put on me XD Why do you suspect me?

Why not It's just first day and my vote that changes nothing.