Just now, Kynedath said:

Yes it was. An acronym is just a representation of a string of words. Its the same as the letters you used to represent it in the first place. There is no difference between your string of letters and mine. They are just two different representations of the same thing.

lets just end this by me saying I DO NOT WANT THAT stormING ACRONYM AS MY NAME

get the point gancho?

After some digging, I have realized that I was not correct. That was a different person. I was referencing this post and an interesting system of magic another sharder has made. Unfortunately, I did not bother looking at who had originally posted it when I made my earlier comment. @Darkness Ascendant said something about a reference and I didn't get which reference he was talking about so I thought he was talking about that post.

Jayjay stared defiantly at the Altmeri, ready to give a rude retort if he asked her to fawn over him like some servant. She would not apologize to an elvish jerk, no matter how "superior" he claimed to be. If he roasted her on the spot, well, at least she wouldn't have died refusing to kneel.

Don't be stupid, Jayjay said. This isn't the right cause to martyr yourself for. Just get those binoculars back.

"Take care not to lose this again, girl," the Altmeri said. He handed Jayjay her binoculars and left.

Jayjay took the binoculars and gaped at the retreating Altmeri. That was it? No no soliloquy of his superiority, no monologues of her inferiority, not even a demand of an apology? Altmeri were pretentious, except when they were plotting. "He has to be up to something," she declared. "We need to stop him."

Don't be stupid, Jayjay repeated. Just because you haven't been fried on the spot yet is no reason to try again.

"Maybe he wants the prize all to himself." Jayjay said. "Maybe he's going to steal it or something."

Jayjay sighed. God, this alter ego acts like she has a death wish.

"What?" Jayjay asked.

Nothing, Jayjay said. Nothing you need to worry about. You run around while I figure out how to keep this body alive...

Burnt, does Adarjmei need a target? Other!Jayjay doesn't like having her stuff stolen. :)

Boris stood pensively, watching the drama unfold. He wasn't the type to intervene in that sort of dispute. What he was the type to do was watch, and so he did that; noting dress, appearance, and especially mannerisms. Anything that might give him an edge in case something bad happened, and around Boris things tended to do just that.

• Alvron locked this topic

Slam. Thunk. Rattle, rattle. Click. 

The way was shut. Everyone had finally turned up, and Fafnir had let all of them in, locking the door behind them. The Manor was lovely. It was well lit, and had nice paintings around. Lots of beds up stairs too. Everyone had spread out, doing a once over, trying to find the promised treasure. But after an hour or two, turned out the puzzles had been well hidden. No one had found any clues. Given it was already late by the time they were let in, everyone was exhausted. Making use of the well stocked kitchen, everyone had something to eat, chatted for a bit, and then everyone went to tired. This mystery could be solved tomorrow, they decided.

Most people woke to a scream. Rushing out into the landing of the first floor, they found a body. Stuck to the chest of the corpse with a knife, was a piece of paper with a red hand print on it. 

Cycle ends in just under 24 hours. 

red_1481772600.png

Player List

Spoiler
  1. Glathir (The Only Joe in the Bush) a paranoid, slightly homicidal Bosmer
  2. Stormblessed (Darkness Ascendant) an illegitimate beggar
  3. Sartinia (Sart) a high elf who has lost their way
  4. Boris (Elenion) has a drinking problem
  5. Thendir (Magestar) a Dunmer, and Magister of House Telvanhi
  6. Arinian (Arinian)
  7. Fjord (Assassin in Burgundy) is a Khajit escaped from a collector
  8. Lyce Norvo (Kynedath) is an antisocial Dark Elf 
  9. Helchon (Doc) an Altmer
  10. Tu (cloudjumper) is a mysterious cow smuggler
  11. Stub-Tail (Alvron) a Saxhleel
  12. Stick (I am a Stick)
  13. Kipper (Kipper) Kipper
  14. Guilty (Elodin) until proven otherwise, but innocently harmless.
  15. Innocent (Ecthelion) probably. Seems sus though.
  16. Galerion (OrlokTsubodai) is a reserved Altmer.
  17. Rhea (Nyali) is a Breton scholar obsessed with Dwemer technology.
  18. Jayjay (Arraenae) is a little Paranoid.
  19. Zelda (TheMightyLopen) is a wise Sagemer
  20. Adarjmei (Burnt Spaghetti) is a kleptomaniac kitty khajiit.
  21. Kjartan & Mus (Kasimir), the Boot(s?) of Stendarr
  22. John (JUQ) general
  23. Ladric (Stink) is a blank slate

Role PMs have all been sent out. Send me a PM if I've missed you.

Edited by Haelbarde

Jayjay woke up with a start. She threw the covers off and sat up.

"What was that?" she asked. That had sounded like -- a scream? 

I don't know, Jayjay said. Something dangerous.

Jayjay stood up and glanced around. The entire house was dark, but if she squinted, she could see faint silhouettes of furniture in the room. She took a step forwards. The floor was cold.

What are you doing? Jayjay asked. Stay in bed!

"I need to investigate," Jayjay said. She took another step, and spread her hands in front of her to feel for obstacles. "I bet it's that Altmere (Helchon/Doc)! If we're quick, we might be able to catch him in the act." She walked another few hesitant steps forwards.

Will you stop with the Altmere already? Jayjay asked. You don't have any proof.

"Of course not. That's why we're going to catch him," Jayjay said. Her fingers brushed something hard, and she moved a few steps over to the left.

Jayjay grumbled. Alright, investigate this and we'll go back to sleep, she said. Here, let me guide you.

Jayjay sped up and reached the door. She opened it, and then reached the landing.

That was when she saw the body. Jayjay screamed.

Hello! I'll be attempting to RP most of this game, so my playstyle will be a bit different. I'm currently trying to mimic Aman's playstyle and do things suggested for politicians in Hardball.

"Huh."

Sartinia wasn't exactly sure how to react a dead body. Sure, she had always known it was a possibility. She had smoked enough skooma to know the risks entailed with it. It wasn't surprising to find one of her friends passed out after a party. Hell it even looked the same, except for the blood and all. The poor bastard had the same look on their face. A glass eyed epiphany. She wondered if they saw it coming. Probably not, considering the note. That note could only mean one thing. The Assassin's Guild was here, probably after the treasure. Their target must have found the first puzzle, and was killed to prevent the secret from getting out. So now her strategy had to be two-fold. First, she needed to find what clue the target had found. Considering the way they were facing, the victim must have come from the kitchen. That was where she should start looking first.

However, having the treasure wouldn't do her any good if she was just going to get murdered afterwards. She needed to find the murderer, and fast. She doubted there were any clues on the body. This was the work of a professional after all. There were too many people here though. They were all total strangers. She needed names. Some characters had been particularly loud, but others were still a mystery to her. She needed more information.

"You there, in the back. What's your name again? Arinian, or something like that? Where were you last night?"