Sentient Awakened Sword Commands

Elenion

Well such a command could do all sorts of awesome things. Cure you if you are poisoned. Stop you from aging,or dying from aging. Keep sharp objects from putting sharp object like holes in you. Flight if you get thrown off a cliff. Food maybe if you are starving...okay maybe not. But still. 

1 hour ago, Master Silver said:

Well such a command could do all sorts of awesome things. Cure you if you are poisoned. Stop you from aging,or dying from aging. Keep sharp objects from putting sharp object like holes in you. Flight if you get thrown off a cliff. Food maybe if you are starving...okay maybe not. But still. 

Sorry, I think you don't understand. For context, please read the last few posts.

On 25/04/2020 at 11:30 PM, The Young Pyromancer said:

If you held the sword, it might try to cut you too.

Yes Pyro; that's how swords work.

It trying to convince you to stab yourself just makes it as dangerous as Nightblood, but with fewer Breaths. If you're saying that it'll literally wiggle about and try to slice you up, well we haven't seen Awakened swords move about under their own power, so what's it going to do? Passively cut the hand gripping the smooth surface of the grip?

You mean more words costing more breath?? So would a three phrase command cost 2,000 breath as opposed to 1,000? Vasher does talk about people being able to do different things based upon skill (also that holding more breath increases skill). One more word than "destroy evil" but I don't think keep me alive is more complex of a command phrase than "destroy evil." Similar to "protect me" or "strengthen me." Anyway, just my thoughts. It could be that such a command phrase as "keep me alive" does the exact same thing as "protect me" if the visualization is the same. Brandon Sanderson often has magic have unintended consequences though

To calm the waves between Karger and The Young Pyromancer:

In my understanding the length of the command is not in direct association with the number of breaths used to realize it.

I think it has to do with what you want to achieve with the command. The "become my fingers" command is pretty complex in the way it is supposed to work in comparison to strengthen legs or arms.

As always, investiture usage is closely linked to intent, so the exact wording of a command isn't as important as the intend behind.

A simpler visualization should lower the cost of breath, opposed to more complex commands.

It is arguable if a more conplex commands needs more word, or if even a one word command can be a lot more conplex than one that uses more words.

13 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Putting a magnet in water is an actual thing people do to make a homemade compass.

Yeah but most swords don't float.  The fact that this one does is a useful utility function.

OOOH! 

"Be Useful!"