Leatherbound Mistborn

Treygec

I was perturbed by the 90 character limit in the personalization box. I really had to get creative in editing my question to make it super succinct. 

But in the end, super stoked by this book! Who cares that my question may not be clear now. Yay for new, collector's editions of Brandon Sanderson books for my shelf!

Edited by Titan Arum

30 minutes ago, WeeDunadan said:

$223.29 for shipping to the uk.. ouch. Totally worth it though! Seems like a lot shifted, saw people on Reddit stating they ordered 4 mins after opening and had order numbers ~21000... I was 6-7 mins and #~21800..

I also ordered from the UK but mine was $135.50 - did you pick the most expensive shipping option?

36 minutes ago, WeeDunadan said:

$223.29 for shipping to the uk.. ouch. Totally worth it though! Seems like a lot shifted, saw people on Reddit stating they ordered 4 mins after opening and had order numbers ~21000... I was 6-7 mins and #~21800..

I'm not sure if Brandon's Store Order number means anything for your book number. My order for the release of AU was 21853. My order for Mistborn is 20920. Does the store recycle order numbers? Maybe. (Why they would seems odd to me.) Was I the 920th person to order the Mistborn book once it became available? I doubt it.

Edited by Titan Arum

12 minutes ago, radiantaura said:

I also ordered from the UK but mine was $135.50 - did you pick the most expensive shipping option?

Yeah I wasn't sure on using USPS so went for the courier, I was pretty spaced after waking up at 04:45 to order it ha.

Good to see the order numbers aren't sequential, really hoping for a reasonably low numbered book.

Edited by WeeDunadan

6 hours ago, Titan Arum said:

I was perturbed by the 90 character limit in the personalization box. I really had to get creative in editing my question to make it super succinct. 

But in the end, super stoked by this book! Who cares that my question may not be clear now. Yay for new, collector's editions of Brandon Sanderson books for my shelf!

Haha yeah. I asked him 3 related questions, but with 90 characters I had to go super caveman.  I hope he knows there is a 90 char limit and he doesn't think I'm a super moron.

I asked about the (AU spoilers)

Spoiler

Gas giants

And if they ever came into the story.

Also, since I'm pretty young, last year I didn't have my own money and couldn't order Elantris. Is there a solution for that, or are there just no more books?

Edited by Ookla the figberts

8 minutes ago, Ookla the figberts said:

I asked about the (AU spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

Gas giants

And if they ever came into the story.

Also, since I'm pretty young, last year I didn't have my own money and couldn't order Elantris. Is there a solution for that, or are there just no more books?

You can still order Elantris, just not a numbered copy.

So, i was just going to order, just to discover, that the shop does not ship to Switzerland... hopefully they can arange something for me there....

Maybe try Subterranean Press?  They are getting copies.  They'll be signed and a lower number than from Brandon's webstore.

http://subterraneanpress.com/store/product_detail/mistborn_preorder

Edited by momaw

On 12/1/2016 at 8:34 AM, Titan Arum said:

Man, I had the same problem. I was reduced to counting characters to get it to fit, but I think I got it.  It doesn't help that I am excessively wordy. <_<

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Radiant Returned said:

I just received my shipping-confirmation email. Should be here Wednesday :D 

Anyone received their copy yet?? Is it as awesome (or even more so) than the Elantris edition was?

I got my ship notification, too!  I honestly wasn't expecting to see any movement until January.  I am excite.

On 12/1/2016 at 9:34 AM, Titan Arum said:

I get why there is a character limit, but I found 90 to be super restrictive.  I was not planning on writing him a novel, but I had to greatly reduce the specificity of my question to get it to fit.  a 250 character limit would have been nicer.

My tracking said Saturday that it would be here by Wednesday, but as of tonight it's still on the same "label created" step, so I have major doubts *sad-face

Update: It is Wednesday. It is here. It is beautiful. Even more so than the Elantris edition, I can't wait to a) start reading it tonight and b ) have the matching books in 2017 and 2018. The only concern I have (which is admittedly worrying about a problem maybe 15 years away) is that the Mistborn leather edition is of a different, higher quality leather, and there are minute adjustments such as the black back-plate to the title and author's name on the ends. It looks awesome and it made it look way better (which I didn't even know was possible), but I wonder if they will continue these improvements when/if Brandon makes the anniversary editions to Elantris? Will the sequels be the same quality as Mistborn, and therefore not match Elantris? And if so will there be an option to buy a new Elantris book that matches those patterns for people who are as obsessive as me? Or will they just keep all the sequels the same leather/style as the original? Like I said, optimistically this wouldn't even be a problem for another 15 years, but I can't help but wonder lmao. 

Edited by Radiant Returned